d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My New Rock Song
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 452.00
Aug 12 2012 08:22pm
liked the song, didn't think the vocals were that bad it just sounds weird to me... i don't know how to describe it.
Gold: 23.00
Aug 13 2012 12:40am
This song sounds great, however, I don't think you belong in this decade :P You got all the tones right and the voice fits the song pretty well imo (maybe just a tad bit theatrical?)
Gold: 0.00
Aug 13 2012 07:10am
Quote (heyunloving145 @ Aug 13 2012 02:40am)
This song sounds great, however, I don't think you belong in this decade :P You got all the tones right and the voice fits the song pretty well imo (maybe just a tad bit theatrical?)

Idk, I've been called alot of things and theatrical was never one of them lol
Gold: 1.00
Aug 14 2012 08:56am
Quote (Rushton @ Aug 12 2012 07:12pm)
It's about a boxer who finds out he's a drummer. Let me know what ya think. All instruments/vocals are me.

http://soundcloud.com/rush-pfeiffer/drummer

See if I can get ONE response out of this forum this time.

Hey man. As I've said before, you can work on your voice. I must say I'm impressed with the instruments, but the voice ruins it all for me.

I don't mean this as an insult, but constructive criticism. I have had years of voice lessons and I know you could sing differently (less nasally) but it's not something I could really coach you with over jsp I'm afraid. I would suggest you go to a voice coach, at least a few times. Likely they will be able to see what you are doing wrong, and help you improve your singing technique. Don't get discouraged, but I feel this is a must if you ever want to hit it big. I think others will agree.
Aug 14 2012 09:02am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Aug 14 2012 10:56am)
Hey man. As I've said before, you can work on your voice. I must say I'm impressed with the instruments, but the voice ruins it all for me.

I don't mean this as an insult, but constructive criticism. I have had years of voice lessons and I know you could sing differently (less nasally) but it's not something I could really coach you with over jsp I'm afraid. I would suggest you go to a voice coach, at least a few times. Likely they will be able to see what you are doing wrong, and help you improve your singing technique. Don't get discouraged, but I feel this is a must if you ever want to hit it big. I think others will agree.

Yeah, well one of the main reasons is that I have a massive under bite and a cleft lip and pallet.

I will be getting surgury soon to correct these things and as a result my voice will be alot more clear and less nasal. I believe this is my main issue.
Aug 14 2012 09:12am
Quote (Rushton @ Aug 14 2012 11:02am)
Yeah, well one of the main reasons is that I have a massive under bite and a cleft lip and pallet.

I will be getting surgury soon to correct  these things and as a result my voice will be alot more clear and less nasal. I believe this is my main issue.

I hope that will help, but I also feel like proper voice coaching could help you improve as well. Regardless, I feel like if you are able to fix the singing, you could go far.
Aug 14 2012 09:24am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Aug 14 2012 11:12am)
I hope that will help, but I also feel like proper voice coaching could help you improve as well. Regardless, I feel like if you are able to fix the singing, you could go far.

I've been using Brett Manning's Singing Success program. Not finished with it but it's already helped alot.
I've improved my texture and vibrato massively.
Aug 14 2012 01:21pm
Quote (Rushton @ Aug 14 2012 11:24am)
I've been using Brett Manning's Singing Success program. Not finished with it but it's already helped alot.
I've improved my texture and vibrato massively.

Well I said it before and I'll say it again. I think you need to get coaching from a professional who can provide real-time feedback with what you are doing wrong and how you can improve it. That would mean going to a voice coach. I don't feel like CDs or programs will do much for you, as you do not have an impartial party listening to your singing and making suggestions as you sing.

The fact of the matter is, every time you post a video/song of you singing, you get generally the same feedback on your singing - that it needs to be much better. But you always respond with a puzzled statement like you have no idea what we mean needs to be fixed. This is why you must go to a professional voice coach who can hear you and guide you in the right direction. If you cannot hear what is wrong, I don't see how a program of CDs and DVDs is going to help. You can't fix a problem if you cannot even identify that it's there.
Aug 14 2012 01:47pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Aug 14 2012 03:21pm)
Well I said it before and I'll say it again. I think you need to get coaching from a professional who can provide real-time feedback with what you are doing wrong and how you can improve it. That would mean going to a voice coach. I don't feel like CDs or programs will do much for you, as you do not have an impartial party listening to your singing and making suggestions as you sing.

The fact of the matter is, every time you post a video/song of you singing, you get generally the same feedback on your singing - that it needs to be much better. But you always respond with a puzzled statement like you have no idea what we mean needs to be fixed. This is why you must go to a professional voice coach who can hear you and guide you in the right direction. If you cannot hear what is wrong, I don't see how a program of CDs and DVDs is going to help. You can't fix a problem if you cannot even identify that it's there.

Not very many professional voice coaches around here :P
Gold: 3,495.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 14 2012 01:59pm
Quote (ziako @ Aug 13 2012 07:52am)
liked the song, didn't think the vocals were that bad it just sounds weird to me... i don't know how to describe it.

this
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll