d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Headphones > Yeah
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11.11
Jul 18 2012 02:30pm
I would vouch for Sennheiser. I had a pair of them, forget which model but relatively nice, maybe the 280s, I enjoyed them a lot. I've also liked my Shure SRH440s a lot which is what I currently use but again we're talking in the $100 range. I've heard excellent things about the Sennheiser HD650s but they're definitely pricier. What are you using them for? If you're making music, ie: tracking and mixing on them, then I would highly NOT recommend the Beats phones. They are a consumer product, not a professional audio product by any means and they rely on their brand to sell them. The bass is exaggerated on purpose and you would never want that in mixing phones. Anyway, I'd check out Sennheiser as far as the higher quality stuff goes. Bose also has some decent stuff but again I'm not sure I'd trust much of it to mix on.
Gold: 4,768.80
Jul 19 2012 02:46am
Since they have been mentioned, Sennheiser is also superb value and quality. I don't know jack about them though lol
Gold: 45,591.26
Trader: Trusted
Jul 19 2012 05:48pm
Sennheiser has a great reputation for quality. Their headphones tend to have a loose/relaxed sound that characterizes their brand, while there is still quite a bit of variety available in their huge line of headphones.

Beats are extremely overpriced. Grado's SR-60i ($79) and SR-80i ($99) are both better quality and they have strong bass-mid presence and responsiveness that Beats are known for, but they are simply better quality and they are also clearer.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll