d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Releasing An Ep In May. > Need Some Criticism.
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32.62
Apr 19 2012 10:54am
Quote (TheBe @ Apr 17 2012 07:45pm)
Yes I know that's the industry. I personally do not play for the money tho. If I someday get some, awesome.

Bolded part: I can hear it from your song...

GL nonethless!

I played for 6 years for the love of music and it got me $20,000 broker before I realized that sometimes you have to compromise your tastes and appeal to the majority first. After you do that and you have a large fanbase, you can then incorporate your musical taste. I still enjoy the music our band plays, but I'd like to experiment with different styles as well. That'll eventually come.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2012 02:20am
how do i get a copy when it comes out bro
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2012 10:54pm
I think lead guitars should harmonize with the singer more, seems the guitarist is probably skilled enough to do it... might add an extra element to it as opposed to being 1 dimensional. Sounds like it's C tuned for the guitars? Play an octave higher for your solos maybe?? it sounded good but it will sound less robotic. The strumming patterns should change a little bit too, would kill some of the monotony and help add emotion into the song. Overall very good though, definitely much better than I was expecting. Easy to critique someone elses music though... so obviously take it with a grain of salt. It's always listeners preferences. I think you have all the tools, I just think you need to be a little more unique as opposed to being a replica of other bands already famous, give me something that I hear that makes me say "Oh yeah that's _________!" Not necessarily for your EP radio song, but for the rest it should set you apart.
Apr 29 2012 06:53pm
Quote (wannagetpked @ Apr 20 2012 08:20am)
how do i get a copy when it comes out bro

Just like us on Reverbnation or on Facebook and we'll post the release when it happens as well as ways to get ahold of it!
Gold: 4,768.80
Apr 30 2012 03:04am
Quote (shadowman1 @ 19 Apr 2012 16:54)
I played for 6 years for the love of music and it got me $20,000 broker before I realized that sometimes you have to compromise your tastes and appeal to the majority first. After you do that and you have a large fanbase, you can then incorporate your musical taste. I still enjoy the music our band plays, but I'd like to experiment with different styles as well. That'll eventually come.

I understand this completely, and It's a shame that you have to almost "sell out" before you can focus on your passion, but you are right!! You can hardly afford to focus on your dream style with no income, you gotta get some money first.

I know we do not speak of this - and I was a REAL hater back in the day, but look at Charlie from Busted.

Singer for a poof band, sold a fuck load of albums worldwide, now focus's on his new band (which are defo a rock band) and has financial backing for it aswell.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Apr 30 2012 11:05am
Reminds me of theory of a deadman/nickelback

I wouldn't purchase but i wouldn't flip the channel on the radio either.

:P
May 13 2012 02:14pm
Quote (PatrioticDeath @ Apr 30 2012 05:05pm)
Reminds me of theory of a deadman/nickelback

I wouldn't purchase but i wouldn't flip the channel on the radio either.

:P

Awesome! Keep them coming!

Totally agree too bob.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll