d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Hi Looking For Headphones > Anything From 100-250$
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2012 07:35am
Quote (HERETICtheory @ Apr 1 2012 10:40pm)
Sennheiser has some nice ones in that range. Sony as well. Depends what you are trying to do though, it sounds like you're just trying to get enjoyable headphones, not flat studio phones? I've owned a pair of Sony's and Sennheiser's both in that price range and both were excellent. I used them mainly for listening to music, not for mixing. I own a pair of Shure SRH440's which are also in that price range and they sound great. They are a little low on the low end though, they are a pretty flat headphone. They can be used for mixing pretty accurately as well listening but honestly if you're going for something with specific enhancements like more bass or whatever then you might look at something more specialized like the Dr Dre ones. I personally think the plastic is kind of shitty on them but I've never owned a pair. The bass does sound good on them though but you would never want to mix with those headphones, they would lie to you about your bass frequency's all day. Another company is Bose, I owned a pair of Bose headphones around 300$ at one point and the bass was excellent and very satisfying, but again, I wouldn't mix with them. I don't know the models of the pairs I used to own because they all got lost or broken or something along the way, usually the plastic breaks around the ear if you travel with it roughly, like me lol so I can't help you there but search that price range, you're bound to find something great. Take some time and check out all these companies, they all do things a little differently and some may be more aimed at what you're searching for.

Was just about to recommend Sennheiser as well :P

I recommend Audio Technia and Sennheiser.
Gold: 0.20
Apr 9 2012 04:08pm
These Klipsch I bought are amazing
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll