d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Lyricwriting Help
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 30 2011 03:21pm
stop listening to country or atleast play it backwards lol, i agree with darkshade. picking a theme or idea to base around or go by progression feeling without being emo with words. events, place's, things, action's, history. 1 good tip, be happy...if your writing alot of emo.....chances are..? write stuff in a new area or get really pumped off music before writing. it usally helps. getting high on music, always helps lol
Gold: 45,591.26
Trader: Trusted
Nov 30 2011 07:18pm
Write about something else you are interested in, or something really abstract. If you are really interested in poetry, you can read poetry that you're not familiar with or used to, but I find that it helps to read stuff from captivating writers and listen to speeches from great speakers. I like to read the works of Carl Sagan and watch the Cosmos series for inspiration, he has a great way with words and his subjects of choice tend to be quite inspirational.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 4 2011 07:01am
Ok first of all, there is nothing wrong with writting like asking alexandria, woe is me, alesana, or silverstein....You cant just go pickup someone elses work and try to copy them, or "find" inspiration like some of these people are saying...that might work for hem but unless you feel it, it wont work for you.. i write the same way, ive been exactly where you are...I love matchbox 20 when i wanna write, however here are some tipsi think that will help you...

1. if your asking yourself what do other people relate to, or thinking what other artists do to capture their listeners ear and blah blah blah, STOP. You should be writting music for you...not them, so if thats what your good at feeling, and you express yourself through those lyrics the continue.
2. If u absolutely feel you needa write differently try to play how you feel on your instrument, if you play at different times in the week , eventually you will find a melody that seems different, and then you can try to think of why you fealt like playing that or what it reminds you of.
3. before you write, dont listen to anything, keep it quiet, and get all those melodies out of your head at the risk of subconsciously writting like them...
4. Last tip is find something that means a lot to you...feel what you did then and relate, to stop writting hopeless love lyrics i try to not use the word he or her she or him and it will kind of force you in another direction..

Let me know if i helped at all, any other questions feel free to respond or pm me.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll