d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Want To Start Playing Drums
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44.25
Nov 3 2011 03:51pm
Quote (Cockney @ Nov 2 2011 11:21pm)
zzz i'm trying to stop him before he spends too much on something that will be outdated soon.

yea I know, I have a $1800 set. 
Money saving is what sensible people do.

You're such a douche. Have you considered that he may have to sell/throw out/give away a real kit if he bought and used it in an area that sound isn't permitted? also, your idea of silencing real drums is pretty dumb, you'll lose all the natural feel of real drums. In his case, YOUR idea is the waste of money. If you're going to offer help, put yourself in his shoes. Just because something is right for you, doesn't make it right for him.
Gold: 24.00
Nov 3 2011 05:00pm
If your working to be a metal drummer i recommend DW (Drum Workshop) drums

You can get a really great sound out of DW but it is a bit pricy
They also produce PDP (Pacific Drums Percussion) which is a more affordable option with quality equipment

And of course you should go with Zildgian cymbals :)

Do some research and good luck to you!
Gold: 44.25
Nov 3 2011 05:06pm
Quote (Ghost_Smoke @ Nov 3 2011 04:51pm)
You're such a douche. Have you considered that he may have to sell/throw out/give away a real kit if he bought and used it in an area that sound isn't permitted? also, your idea of silencing real drums is pretty dumb, you'll lose all the natural feel of real drums. In his case, YOUR idea is the waste of money. If you're going to offer help, put yourself in his shoes. Just because something is right for you, doesn't make it right for him.

Quote (Shaggy7 @ Nov 3 2011 06:00pm)
If your working to be a metal drummer i recommend DW (Drum Workshop) drums

You can get a really great sound out of DW but it is a bit pricy
They also produce PDP (Pacific Drums Percussion) which is a more affordable option with quality equipment

And of course you should go with Zildgian cymbals  :)

Do some research and good luck to you!

Gold: 24.00
Nov 3 2011 05:30pm
just noticed he can only get electronic kit
if noise is a factor you might save some money by buying a kit and soundproofing a room?
more of a gigging career with a real drum kit

also i think there is a larger market for non-electronic kits if you need to sell

just an alternative, i'm interested to see what you do

This post was edited by Shaggy7 on Nov 3 2011 05:34pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll