d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar > I Wanna Learn
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,618.80
Oct 15 2011 02:09am
Quote (blunderwonder2 @ 15 Oct 2011 00:21)
idk, i have cheap guitars, and when i play songs correctly they sound good to me, ofc i dont have anything to compare it to.  My point is just that even if i went and spent 1000$ on a guitar i would still suck :P  better to buy a cheap one cuz like bob said ppl do quit, or at the very least their interests change and it is very possible it could take years to get good, so theres no reason to have a 900$ guitar while ur playing yankee doddle

Exactly, other wise it's a wasted investment.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2011 02:03pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ 15 Oct 2011 09:09)
Exactly, other wise it's a wasted investment.

well but you wont quit as fast as if you got a cheap instrument. and i think if you got a instrument you realy realy like its much more convortable to play and learn with it ...
but yeah i think a rickenbacker is a harder to play guitar than a epiphone sg or a strat.. it depends on many things.
didnt wanted to say that hes a very good musician because he baught a expensiv guitar
Gold: 100.00
Oct 17 2011 12:05am
i guess a shit guitar and a good guitar is no different in sound by what people are saying??????????
Oct 17 2011 12:51am
Quote (XxiangX @ 17 Oct 2011 07:05)
i guess a shit guitar and a good guitar is no different in sound by what people are saying??????????

just buy a guitar you feel good with and spend as much money as you can give..
and dont quit!
Gold: 4,618.80
Oct 17 2011 02:56am
Quote (D@n.Gr33k @ 15 Oct 2011 20:03)
well but you wont quit as fast as if you got a cheap instrument. and i think if you got a instrument you realy realy like its much more convortable to play and learn with it ...
but yeah i think a rickenbacker is a harder to play guitar than a epiphone sg or a strat.. it depends on many things.
didnt wanted to say that hes a very good musician because he baught a expensiv guitar

I'm afraid that I disagree with this - priorities change, and alot of people WILL bitch and cry when they can't learn something and just straight up quit - it happens all the time! Yes, people should buy something they are comfy with, but if they are learning pure basics of guitar, it's not worth spending more money until they've accomplished a goal - only then is it worth investing in a guitar for keeps.

Quote (XxiangX @ 17 Oct 2011 06:05)

Not exactly. Both will feel dramatically different, play and sound different, and will be priced usually totally differently.

Squire/Yamaha/Pacifica/Encore - those are your beginner guitars that I recommend.

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Oct 17 2011 02:57am
Oct 17 2011 03:46am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ 17 Oct 2011 09:56)
I'm afraid that I disagree with this - priorities change, and alot of people WILL bitch and cry when they can't learn something and just straight up quit - it happens all the time! Yes, people should buy something they are comfy with, but if they are learning pure basics of guitar, it's not worth spending more money until they've accomplished a goal - only then is it worth investing in a guitar for keeps.

Not exactly. Both will feel dramatically different, play and sound different, and will be priced usually totally differently.

Squire/Yamaha/Pacifica/Encore - those are your beginner guitars that I recommend.

vouch imo.
well yeah it just depends on many facts.
Oct 18 2011 01:45pm
Get a fender strat made in mexico, they run for 300-400$, check craigslist. they are better than any fender squire by a longshot. they are a good investment and i dont regret ever buying mine

This post was edited by Floppyduck on Oct 18 2011 01:45pm
Oct 18 2011 02:14pm
i dont know if ur still looking but

Washburn d10s is supposed to be #1 rated value guitar by some popular magazine idk, its like 150$ used, or like 200$ new with shipping i think, they claim its the best selling guitar in america if that means anything to you - also you can get it in black, and cutaway electric versions.

im waiting for xmas but ill be getting Martin DX1, or Martin DM, or Taylor 110 series.

some guy on craigslists has a Taylor 414 up for 680$, its like 10 years old too, he said it has a small crack from bridge to pin, but its been repaired and doesnt affect sound, but it seems to good to be true cause those guitars normally retail for like 1400$ new, and the used ones on eebay are usually like 1k+$ or something - otherwise id be all over it lol..
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 18 2011 06:45pm
Quote (blunderwonder2 @ Oct 18 2011 04:14pm)
i dont know if ur still looking but

Washburn d10s is supposed to be #1 rated value guitar by some popular magazine idk, its like 150$ used, or like 200$ new with shipping i think, they claim its the best selling guitar in america if that means anything to you - also you can get it in black, and cutaway electric versions.

im waiting for xmas but ill be getting Martin DX1, or Martin DM, or Taylor 110 series.

some guy on craigslists has a Taylor 414 up for 680$, its like 10 years old too, he said it has a small crack from bridge to pin, but its been repaired and doesnt affect sound, but it seems to good to be true cause those guitars normally retail for like 1400$ new, and the used ones on eeebay are usually like 1k+$ or something - otherwise id be all over it lol..

Washburns are awful - I wouldn't recommend them even for a beginner. This is mostly because they are very poorly intonated from the factory, among other shortcomings in production. You don't want to learn on a guitar that sounds all kinds of wrong. As a guitar center employee, I think the best starting guitars come in package deals with all the accessories you need. Id go with the squier packs for electric or yamaha gigmakers if you want an acoustic. Get the deluxe gigmaker though; the standards are laminated garbage.
Gold: 4.00
Oct 21 2011 06:06pm
Quote (D@n.Gr33k @ Oct 15 2011 01:03pm)

having a cheap instrument doesnt make you quit.....

i dont think anyone just starting out really knows whats combfortable to them or not. when i started out the first guitar i had was a $25 hohner acoustic i bought from a salvation army. the bridge pins didnt even come out and i had to break them and buy new ones.

point is its not the guitar or how much its worth that should keep you playing its the fact you love playing.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll