d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > 40min Dubstep/dance Mix > Dl And Checkitout
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 186.55
Oct 7 2011 01:38pm
dude if you are so against dubstep why the fuck do you click the link that says 40 min dubstep/dance mix. I don't give a shit what you think because this music isn't for you. You have different preferences, so enjoy them without bugging me. I'm sure some of the music you listen to and make doesn't vibe with me, but i'm not gonna go out of my way to say it was easy to make and you are talentless.

The music I have made took a longass time and i've only been producing since this past summer. I'm not claiming to be professional or anything, i'm just sharing music I like. Go drink the haterade elsewhere.

And btw, all fucking music is repetitive. Unless you are so into prog rock and things that don't repeat as much then you are gonna have a hard time not enjoying repetitiveness in a song. Such a fucking dumb statement
Gold: 0.00
Oct 7 2011 03:01pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 01:07pm)
Might as well just make ONE track ppl like and loop it till the end of days then.

that doesn't even make sense.

Let me start again.

The similarites are these:

They homogenize the tempo (it's hard to mix/dance if you're constantly changing tempo)

They homogenize the basic drum structure (again, dancing/mixing. It's good to know where the kick is going to be. That's generally the only constant)

They homogenize the general structure (I mean the build up/drop tension/release aspect, which again is for crowd participation. Watch a live video; the sound quality will be terrible, but you can see how the crowd reacts. It's all synched to the drop.)

Oct 7 2011 03:29pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ Oct 7 2011 05:01pm)
that doesn't even make sense.

Let me start again.

The similarites are these:

They homogenize the tempo (it's hard to mix/dance if you're constantly changing tempo)

They homogenize the basic drum structure (again, dancing/mixing. It's good to know where the kick is going to be. That's generally the only constant)

They homogenize the general structure (I mean the build up/drop tension/release aspect, which again is for crowd participation. Watch a live video; the sound quality will be terrible, but you can see how the crowd reacts. It's all synched to the drop.)

They're all good points for dancing yes. And I understand the need, but it doesn't make it good music. Usefulness doesn't render it "good". Or at least not to me and several other people.
Oct 7 2011 03:38pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 03:29pm)
They're all good points for dancing yes. And I understand the need, but it doesn't make it good music. Usefulness doesn't render it "good". Or at least not to me and several other people.

congratulations

you're starting to understand the subjective nature of music

welcome to the world where everyone gets that everyone else might not like what they like, and in fact might like something they do not like. you're a human being. you don't agree with everyone.
Oct 7 2011 03:56pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ Oct 7 2011 05:38pm)
congratulations

you're starting to understand the subjective nature of music

welcome to the world where everyone gets that everyone else might not like what they like, and in fact might like something they do not like. you're a human being. you don't agree with everyone.

I've always understood that. But dumbstep is bad music.

:rofl:
Gold: 0.70
Oct 7 2011 04:49pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 8 2011 10:56am)

you're getting raped, just give up
Oct 7 2011 05:51pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 05:56pm)

I don't think you understand the meaning of "subjective".
Oct 7 2011 07:37pm
Quote (Cloudfire @ Oct 7 2011 06:49pm)
you're getting raped, just give up

Getting raped at what?

Are you one of those people who'd rather listen to the same shit over and over too? Please, be my guest. Meanwhile, the industry of real music is dying because the "public" likes to hear people defecate on a midi keyboard and in their microphones.
Gold: 0.70
Oct 7 2011 09:27pm
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 8 2011 02:37pm)
Getting raped at what?

Are you one of those people who'd rather listen to the same shit over and over too? Please, be my guest. Meanwhile, the industry of real music is dying because the "public" likes to hear people defecate on a midi keyboard and in their microphones.

Nope.

I prefer the term 'broad musical tastes'

Although I agree with you that POP these days takes little to no skill and is a crime against music, most dance/dubstep does actually take a degree of skill to produce. I haven't actually listened to OP's mix, but I'm not under the illusion that any random could sit down and spit out a skrillex song after 10 minutes at a computer.

I'll be the first to say most dubstep is shit. But i do enjoy some aspects of the genre which i assume is partly because of my roots as a metalhead
Gold: 433.02
Oct 8 2011 01:55am
Quote (DeathPiano @ Oct 7 2011 03:36am)
This is why I have no respect for dubstep and the similar genres. Anyone can do it effortlessly cause it requires no talent.

Nobody cares if you don't like it don't listen, group up.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll