d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Offering Fg Or W/e For Serious Guitar Guidance > Help !
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 28 2011 05:06am
Sep 28 2011 05:10am
thres alot more obviously, and im not really that interested in fingerstyle guitar, but i do like it. also i appreciate his advice, but tbh those are things i do anyway :/ I just havnt seen alot of progress overall in last month or two, except that im a bit better at scales, but it hasnt affected the way i play any songs, so thats why i was concerned. what i was really interested in was some sort of timeline, that someone else has already had success with like for instance

do this scale, move on when such and such bpm

do this scale ' '

learn this song till perfect at such and such bpm

etc etc, spanning 3+ months of work, based on where i am now
Gold: 16,894.22
Sep 28 2011 09:07am

practice fretboard
scales ( choose a different key to play in each day )
technique ( tapping, legato , picking etc... )
learn to contruct chords / arpeggios from scales ( so dont look at any chord sheet )
understand how intervals work

practice for an hour, take a break, and repeat.

Gold: 4,618.80
Sep 29 2011 06:05am
Sorry dude, but again what you are looking for is that quick route to playing fluidly, and it will not happen.

You hate to hear it - but you get told it every time, it takes PRACTISE to get to a high level. Nothing happens quickly - in 6 months you still won't be able to play alot of stuff, but in 6 months you'll be at a higher level than you currently are now.

Did those e-books I told you about not help? :o How many have you done? Are you going to go for the exams?
Gold: 9.00
Oct 1 2011 06:37pm
:lol: nice advice broski
Oct 3 2011 03:16pm
the jist of it you want to be a better musician and not just a better guitarest,music thoery! learn new things but also learn to imply it into your playing, i seen alot of ppl make that mistake and stay in a rut even if they are trying new shit. listen to some talent, set goals, USE A METRONOME and you can see where your improving and where you need to, and learn timing with it and clearity. + rock the satriani out or some tommy emmanual, paul gilbert, jason becker! or some crazy ass flamanco players, some real talent intsead of mediocare alt crap thats so boring as a guitarist. theirs so meny good ppl to listen to and pick up cool idea's from and set a bar to for standards. steve vai's online berklee course price lowered down to $1300 from 1900-2000, they got payment plans. if vai's not good anuf for you then your full of shit lol jk
Gold: 62.00
Oct 3 2011 08:09pm
Quote (CrimsonOdin @ Sep 28 2011 03:07pm)
practice fretboard
scales ( choose a different key to play in each day )
technique ( tapping, legato , picking etc... )
learn to contruct chords / arpeggios from scales ( so dont look at any chord sheet  )
understand how intervals work

practice for an hour, take a break, and repeat.

Sorry about this but please, ignore this advice.

I'm willing to help you for free because I value the fact you're showing a major intrest in something which means so much to me.

I play for 3+ Hours a day on a weekday and 4+ On a weekend. Been playing around 13 years, take or give a few months that it! If you want to have a chat about this then feel free to PM me and I can help you with anything you need help with. I also never had a tutor, everything I know came from books I own and sites I've been on and general experience in bands, and as a solo musician which I still live for!

-Peace out, Jamie.
Gold: 16,894.22
Oct 4 2011 10:14am
Quote (Detroit @ Oct 4 2011 02:09am)
Sorry about this but please, ignore this advice.

I'm willing to help you for free because I value the fact you're showing a major intrest in something which means so much to me.

I play for 3+ Hours a day on a weekday and 4+ On a weekend. Been playing around 13 years, take or give a few months that it! If you want to have a chat about this then feel free to PM me and I can help you with anything you need help with. I also never had a tutor, everything I know came from books I own and sites I've been on and general experience in bands, and as a solo musician which I still live for!

-Peace out, Jamie.

tell me what is wrong with my advice? obviously im not gonna be listing everything because it is simply impossible for a life time to learn everything.
Gold: 655.00
Oct 5 2011 11:07am
Quote (buttersdan @ 28 Sep 2011 11:58)
first are you learning electric or acoustic

and what are your goals. what do you want to be able to play / do

This
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll