d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Any Good Distortion Petals?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Jul 16 2011 12:14pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 16 2011 06:01pm)
How about fuck you? Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean i'm a moron because I have what I consider a great distortion sound..

You have a peavey windsor stack with a metal core in front of it then? Or are you just basing your statements on blind ignorance to what you have? If you bothered to read, you would see I specifically address the windsor. I have a metalcore pedal myself. Its a good pedal. Sounds like butthole in front of a windsor.

Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 16 2011 06:01pm)
Regardless of what you have instead, don't get lippy.

1) english. Do you speak it?
2) "regardless of what you have"... Oh You mean the exact same equipment the OP is asking about? Guess I should shut up and let the resident generic tone "expert" have complete "authority" then lol.
3) spare me. Go back to your drop C nonsense.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 16 2011 01:00pm
Quote (linuxpenguin @ 16 Jul 2011 18:14)
You have a peavey windsor stack with a metal core in front of it then? Or are you just basing your statements on blind ignorance to what you have? If you bothered to read, you would see I specifically address the windsor. I have a metalcore pedal myself. Its a good pedal. Sounds like butthole in front of a windsor.

1) english. Do you speak it?
2) "regardless of what you have"... Oh You mean the exact same equipment the OP is asking about? Guess I should shut up and let the resident generic tone "expert" have complete "authority" then lol.
3) spare me. Go back to your drop C nonsense.

Drop D idiot. And as I said, it doesn't matter if you have different equipment or not - you're saying that we're stupid for liking our own sounds we've found because you've found something else? Fuck off
Gold: 8.00
Jul 16 2011 01:41pm
linuxpenguin
Report PostQuote Top
#11 Jul 16 2011 10:14am
Group: Members
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 90%

Keep on Raging kiddo and go back to the gym.

On topic: I run a Boss Equalizer through my spider and i get plenty of decent distortion sounds tweaking it.
Jul 16 2011 02:40pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 16 2011 01:00pm)
Drop D idiot. And as I said, it doesn't matter if you have different equipment or not - you're saying that we're stupid for liking our own sounds we've found because you've found something else? Fuck off

yes...yes it does

in what world does the amp you use a distortion pedal in front of not influence tone?
Jul 16 2011 05:53pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ 16 Jul 2011 20:40)
yes...yes it does

in what world does the amp you use a distortion pedal in front of not influence tone?

The pedal renders the amp useless - go grab a practise amp and plug in the pedal. Never has a shitty practise amp sounded more reasonable or indeed badass than with a pedal included
Gold: 1.00
Jul 16 2011 06:38pm
Quote (Paw @ Jul 16 2011 07:41pm)
linuxpenguin
Keep on Raging kiddo and go back to the gym.
On topic: I run a Boss Equalizer through my spider and i get plenty of decent distortion sounds tweaking it.

Last I checked, bob's the one raging. A boss equalizer wont work well on a windsor. It may give some top end boost, but wont add the extra "oomph". Im quite unsure what my warn % has to do with anything here.

Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 16 2011 11:53pm)
The pedal renders the amp useless - go grab a practise amp and plug in the pedal. Never has a shitty practise amp sounded more reasonable or indeed badass than with a pedal included

Its a good thing hes using a 10watt practice.... oh wait, no hes not. At all. Hes using a 100W tube amp peavey windsor. Which I have and you dont. Your input doesnt matter in the least here since you are judging your opinions on a practice amp and not what he's using. Any kind of metal distortion pedal will sound like shit here.

Why did I call you a moron? Because you at no point asked him what style of music he plays. You offered him YOUR suggestion based on nothing more then your own subjective opinions of metal-metal-metal, if its not a gibson its crap, metal. That about sums it up.

So by your logic, running a boss metalcore will render his peavey windsor useless. Hmm. So why would you suggest it? And why would you get your panties in a knot over it? Im tired of your "Im always right" attitude. Just because you post all the time doesnt make you more knowledgable then myself boss. I have no desire to continue this pissing contest, and any further bitching will fall on deaf ears.

Jul 17 2011 10:32am
He said he wanted a distortion pedal, I said from experience the Boss Metalcore is a good distortion pedal - it's not complicated. And no, I am not using a practise amp read what I said you retard.

I said EVEN through a practise amp it'll get rid of the shit tinny sound a practise amp produces and replace it with an above-reasonable sound.

I'm using a 75watt Marshall Head through a 400watt Marshall AVT. Learn to read <_<
Jul 17 2011 01:24pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 16 2011 05:53pm)

That's just wrong. There's no two ways around it. The amp's tone is always a part of your tone. In fact, I'd argue it's the most prominent part...Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the Boss metalcore blows and really doesn't let your amp's tone shine, but if that's true, why would this guy even be interested if he's looking for a distortion pedal to compliment his amp?
Jul 17 2011 04:39pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ 17 Jul 2011 19:24)
That's just wrong. There's no two ways around it. The amp's tone is always a part of your tone. In fact, I'd argue it's the most prominent part...Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the Boss metalcore blows and really doesn't let your amp's tone shine, but if that's true, why would this guy even be interested if he's looking for a distortion pedal to compliment his amp?

The boss pedal does mask the amp, but i'm ok with that. Do as you please - suggest above me, but don't slate me for suggesting something tried tested and working.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll