d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar Question, Opinion Answer I Think > About The Pick, Etc
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2011 09:51am
Quote (pOrkcHok @ Jun 7 2011 11:02am)
I prefer the no pick route.

this

i never use a pick lol

It was actually a pain learning to use a pick though, because I use a pick while playing Mandolin. So I had to learn evetually

This post was edited by weasleface on Jun 7 2011 09:52am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2011 02:56pm
well i figured id end up learning both anywya, it seems like that kind of thing, i was just hoping someone could answer me an important question because there was a youtube where this guy explains why its important to be able to use a pick a certain way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3Tzuoq3Xg

thats the youtube link, its just interesting because i understand how theres parts he can play that you woudltn be able to without a pick, or even if u had a pick, but were floating over the strings.

if i brace my hand on the bridge, i can play 2x as fast as just floating my hand. and i would do it always because the muting strings seems to be a good thign to learn, this way i could always hold the pick that way, but float for chords, and brace for single notes. My issue is that i have a full size acoustic guitar, and I dont have stranglers hands, so i dont like the way it sounds when i pick that close to the bridge, my thumb would have to be a full 5 or 6 inches long to pick where i want to pick, and brace my hand. I could play the electric this way no problem but i like the acoustic, and i figure ill just float my hand, because i probably wont ever play anything where being that fast is necessary.

however im goign to watch some of the covers from ppl here on jsp and see how they handle it for fast playing
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll