d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Band Video > Tell Me What You Think
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,299.00
Apr 19 2011 02:23pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Apr 19 2011 07:34pm)
um. i heard your demo and didnt reply because i didnt want to offend you. we sell out venues in several states, have played NYC for more money than ive ever made in a whole month, are playing in london in september (hopefully). what've you done again? where do you live? we have possibly played there.

thanks weasle. id like to hear your fiddlin sometime, see your in SC, the fiddle style i have been learning is from that area (appalachian string band music aka old time).

edit: the video has nothing to do with appalachian stringband music.

I play out at least 2-3 times a month with my full time job. Selling out venues is not what i'm into, i'm an artist looking to perfect my work, and have fun and not make a job of it.

Thats great you make alot of money there's bands around here that make at least $1000 a show and i live in the country not even in the city. Besides that i can put a furnace and a/c here and make a whole months worth in 6 hours. The world isn't money...

I live in PA and i very doubt that you ever played around Pittsburgh like i said people would laugh you off the stage. Foreigners don't come here. Especially if you can't play rock/country/hard rock/metal....

I hate your music, you hate mine thanks!

Rock on! (nvm you don't even know rock beatles hendrix eric clapton the stones.... w/e )
Gold: 19,597.59
Apr 19 2011 02:23pm
Quote (weasleface @ Apr 19 2011 02:59pm)
Ya I'm actually working on something with that style.

Some of that southern fiddle style stuff is what came to me first. I just need to get better at playing fast and switching strings and stuff. I'm also not too great at hitting notes accurately on it since it has no frets and everything I've played previously did.

Ive captured that sort of sound on the mandolin pretty well alrdy though. I've had this mandolin longer than the fiddle.

But if you want to hear it, this is the only song i have of it right now
http://www.thesixtyone.com/s/CgamAo5BGzR/

Its pretty sloppily made I know but I'm remaking the song right now.

There is a fiddle solo in the middle so thats probobly the best part to hear for it.

ill listen when i get off work. for southern fiddling, try cross tuning. i use AEAE or GDGD or ADAD for about 80% of the tunes. allows you to play more drone strings and give a fuller sound.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2011 02:40pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Apr 19 2011 04:23pm)
ill listen when i get off work. for southern fiddling, try cross tuning. i use AEAE or GDGD or ADAD for about 80% of the tunes. allows you to play more drone strings and give a fuller sound.

ah ok. I think my bow is messed up or something though. It often gives a scratchy noise when I get to certain place on the bow, and its quite annoying sometimes.

Do you recommend anything for that? get a new bow? have mine repaired? or what?
Gold: 19,597.59
Apr 19 2011 02:55pm
Quote (13375 @ Apr 19 2011 03:23pm)
I play out at least 2-3 times a month with my full time job. Selling out venues is not what i'm into, i'm an artist looking to perfect my work, and have fun and not make a job of it.

Thats great you make alot of money there's bands around here that make at least $1000 a show and i live in the country not even in the city. Besides that i can put a furnace and a/c here and make a whole months worth in 6 hours. The world isn't money...

I live in PA and i very doubt that you ever played around Pittsburgh like i said people would laugh you off the stage. Foreigners don't come here. Especially if you can't play rock/country/hard rock/metal....

I hate your music, you hate mine thanks!

Rock on! (nvm you don't even know rock beatles hendrix eric clapton the stones.... w/e )

i played in a touring country band for about 6 years. have played in touring bluegrass bands since 2001. i teach violin, banjo , mandolin and guitar lessons at a music shop. ive taught everywhere from kids to kansas university band and orchestra students. i dont know anyone who hasnt heard of the beatles, clapton, the stones etc. i am not interested in being in a cover band, we do about 5-10% covers live, they can be fun. from the sound of it ive studied pretty much every kind of music youve dabbled in and as i said in pm will prove it willingly. you name the genre, tempo, time signature, etc and i will record it then post it. as for the money aspect i agree, and its impossible to depend on for income without a contract, or tour 8 months per year or huge local following (almost impossible in my oversaturated town). basically my point is that you come off as an uncultured brat. id be happy to teach you a free music lesson.

edit:
Quote (13375 @ Apr 19 2011 03:27pm)
Dude like i said i don't know ur iraqi towel headed music and you don't know my white trash songs. Thanks.

pretty much sums it all up, except for the fact that i can play metal, hardcore, punk rock and hard rock.

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Apr 19 2011 03:07pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll