d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat >
Poll > Double Bass Pedal > Help Me Choose
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 60.01
Mar 3 2011 02:41pm
Quote (Ghost_Smoke @ 3 Mar 2011 21:57)
The Eliminator may have more options, but I'm of the opinion that the Iron Cobra is much tougher and more durable.

One could also say that "tougher" is a synonym for "heavier to play"
IMO the E is lighter and smoother than rolling glide. I have both. No experience on power glide tho. :)
Gold: 44.25
Mar 5 2011 01:20am
Quote (Rupsu @ Mar 3 2011 03:41pm)
One could also say that "tougher" is a synonym for "heavier to play"
IMO the E is lighter and smoother than rolling glide. I have both. No experience on power glide tho. :)

I've been beating the shit out of my Iron Cobra power glide since 2004 and the only problem I've ever had with it was...
oh wait, never mind.

I like the heaviness of the pedal, though it's highly subjective...I tried the Axis pedals and I thought they would break under my feet. Felt flimsy, in spite of their high price tag. The iron cobra, though heavy and perhaps takes more physical energy to play, makes me feel secure that I can rely on it day after day. The only downside to it though is I think it could be a little more responsive. I feel it's more difficult to play complicated rhythms than with something else that might be for a more "techy" double bass pattern player; though this may be because of my own lack of particular practice in the area.

tl:dr, the Iron cobra is a great double pedal, but the best way to find the one that's right for you is to try to play as many different kinds as you can and pick the one that's most comfortable and closest to your price range. Hope I helped.

This post was edited by Ghost_Smoke on Mar 5 2011 01:21am
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll