d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Justin Bieber -one Time > Cover Of Justin Bieber
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Mar 3 2011 03:15pm
Not a fan of bieber but you have a nice voice I like this cover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11B8rIvOrPM
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Mar 3 2011 11:47pm
thats very good
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Mar 4 2011 05:47pm
you know what would be cool?

do your own cool arrangements
like add diff chords and different voicings
adlibs, etc

now that would be good
Gold: 5.00
Mar 5 2011 02:58am
Do not attempt to sing to high, you are born with your vocals and you can constantly exercise to hit pitches higher. Really slow it down and listen to yourself. If you find yourself enable to hit high notes, just play the accompaniment of the guitar on a lower key and have your voice follow that (:, should work out perfectly. Was surprisingly not bad, try to add some flare and do a different camera angle where it shows your strumming and your face. How you look is a part of performance, not just the music.

Cheers
-JaySongs

By the way, I want to do a cover on Robin Thicke - Lost Without You, and I hear some sound editing in the video. What program do you use to sound out extraneous noises etc?
Thanks again for sharing!
Mar 5 2011 03:01am
Quote (PerfectMurder @ Mar 3 2011 01:15pm)
Not a fan of bieber but you have a nice voice I like this cover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11B8rIvOrPM

As for this one, the "hey heys" in the beginning needs work as in partly sharp/flat at times but you follow up very nicely. You do a nice natural vibrato with your voice throughout the verses.
Another question, everything is played together right? Like the sound isn't edited with you playing guitar first, then singing, then combining (not questioning whether you can play and sing at the same time), just wanted to know if that's part of the process to make things sound more clean.

Cheers
-JaySongs
Gold: 1.73
Mar 6 2011 08:35pm
my suggestion is to not sing high notes if you can't already sing the pitches, not yell them, sing them. what you did was yell them and went really flat at the end, terribley flat.
Mar 7 2011 04:40am
Look at this JB cover, (side note: please stop hating on justin beiber, you don't have to like him to understand his artistry; he's a good singer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkGbg42530
Add some flare to your cover and see how they sing it in a lower key? Justin beiber is talented (despite people thinking he just hasn't hit puberty) and can sing really high, so like... if you could sing as high and clean as him, you'd be famous like him already, right? Focus on making it clean, then try to work your way up with vocal exercises.

Cheers
-JaySongs
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll