d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Killswitch Engage This Time > Ye
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44.25
Jan 27 2011 12:32am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jan 24 2011 05:41am)
Seen them 4 times.

Good the first time (Ascendancy release, first UK festival appearance, v good)
Second time, Iron Maiden support. Didn't deserve it. Corey held the show together, Matt Heafy was a dick and just wandered the stage looking cocky.
Third time, Download festival again - Unimpressed, not enjoying Crusade album and again, Corey held it together while Matt pranced around like a jumped up prick.
4th and final straw - Unholy Alliance festival. Corey doing his thing, all good. Matt at front of stage, not singing pull harder but letting the audience do basically all of it (obv BOAT RUDDER STRANGE MOUNTAIN) he then looks at a girl, blows some kisses at her in the front row, then spits directly at her. Thats when I stopped pitting, started holding my middle finger up, and decided there and then that this band deserve none of my respect while they still have Matt fucking Heafy fronting.

And Shogun was boring, so i'm done with Trivium.

How was Shogun boring? I saw them once at their Into the mouth of hell we tour and everyone was pulling their own weight, even their new drummer who was put in last minute when Travis left halfway through the tour.

When you say didn't deserve supporting Iron Maiden I feel that's kinda lame. They were banned from Ozzfest for liking Iron Maiden too much (look into it...something about drama between Ozzy's wife Sharron and Trivium, so they all came out wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts and talking about how Ozzy sucks)

As far as bands spitting...that kinda shit just happens. Every band does that. That's the danger lining the crowd guard.

I also don't like the Crusade. Fair enough.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jan 27 2011 03:33am
You weren't there man - You didn't see the way it happened.

Shogun was boring. It was much like Dream Theater, complicated for the sake of being complicated and techincal. Trivium are responsible for an unfortunate new breed of guitarists who are all about looking at the fretboard like a scientific equation rather than an instrument of sound.

They shouldn't have been supporting Iron Maiden at that gig, and neither should Lauren Harris have been supporting. It was a thrown together gig and wasn't great.

Ozzys wife is a collossal bitch, i think thats the same festival where she was egging maiden, cutting out their PA system and getting chants of "boooo" going - unprofessional biatch!

Trivium have had their chances - blown them, and unfortunately remained on the radar.

Bullet > Trivium :)
Jan 27 2011 02:15pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jan 27 2011 04:33am)
You weren't there man - You didn't see the way it happened.

Shogun was boring. It was much like Dream Theater, complicated for the sake of being complicated and techincal. Trivium are responsible for an unfortunate new breed of guitarists who are all about looking at the fretboard like a scientific equation rather than an instrument of sound.

They shouldn't have been supporting Iron Maiden at that gig, and neither should Lauren Harris have been supporting. It was a thrown together gig and wasn't great.

Ozzys wife is a collossal bitch, i think thats the same festival where she was egging maiden, cutting out their PA system and getting chants of "boooo" going - unprofessional biatch!

Trivium have had their chances - blown them, and unfortunately remained on the radar.

Bullet > Trivium :)

Sounds more like Dillinger's Escape Plan. Whom I hate. I don't think trivium is tech metal, but I'm no guitar player either so I suppose we're looking at the same situation from 2 different perspectives. I'm a drummer and Travis never really impressed me, but I appreciated how he could keep a really fast and heavy beat without losing time or getting sloppy. That's admirable at least.

Ozzy's wife is a colossal bitch. Truth.

Maybe you should try their new album when it comes out. A new drummer in the band will definitely change the overall sound of the band. You might like them again. :)
Gold: 116.00
Jan 27 2011 03:07pm
She booed Maiden?!
I love Ozzy but really can't stand his wife or his kids...

This post was edited by Terrible_One on Jan 27 2011 03:08pm
Gold: 4,807.80
Jan 28 2011 05:31am
Quote (Terrible_One @ 27 Jan 2011 21:07)
She booed Maiden?!
I love Ozzy but really can't stand his wife or his kids...

Jack is cool - he is nothing like the fat one or the old skinny one. He has a pretty good and varied music taste, has helped on Production on a few albums over the last few years and his Extreme Adrenaline tv show is badass :D

Yes, she boo'd maiden. I will find you a link brb

Quote (Ghost_Smoke @ 27 Jan 2011 20:15)
Sounds more like Dillinger's Escape Plan. Whom I hate. I don't think trivium is tech metal, but I'm no guitar player either so I suppose we're looking at the same situation from 2 different perspectives. I'm a drummer and Travis never really impressed me, but I appreciated how he could keep a really fast and heavy beat without losing time or getting sloppy. That's admirable at least.

Ozzy's wife is a colossal bitch. Truth.

Maybe you should try their new album when it comes out. A new drummer in the band will definitely change the overall sound of the band. You might like them again. :)

Travis impressed me, but as a guitarist I don't care for drumming lol. Corey ftw, Matt can fuck off.

Sharon Osbourne Upsets Iron Maiden At Ozzfest

by Stuart Heritage on August 24, 2005 0 Comments

in Music News

Iron_maiden_sharon_osbourneSharon Osbourne. If she’s not being an X-Factor pantomime villain, she’s trying to control her wobbly-headed husband or slapping her arse in those exceptionally patronising Asda adverts.

And now, she’s fighting with Iron Maiden for allegedly getting up to some kind of mischief while on tour with Ozzy Osbourne in America.

A fight between Iron Maiden and Ozzy Osbourne? Bless them, it’s like they really want it to be 1986 again.

Iron Maiden (CDs) were on the Ozzfest tour, and performing at Devore,
California when sections of the crowd apparently started to chant for
Ozzy Osbourne (CDs). Items ranging from bottles to eggs were also reportedly
flung at the band.

According to reports, at this point lead singer Bruce Dickinson asked
for the arms of the flingers to be broken, and he made a comment about
singers with reality television shows. After this, supposed technical
difficulties started to break up Iron Maiden’s set – there were drops
in both sound and lighting. Iron Maiden fans have claimed that the Osbournes
were behind these hiccups.

If that wasn’t enough, Sharon Osbourne took the stage after Iron
Maiden’s set and called Bruce Dickinson a bad word. She then took to
the Ozzfest website to call Dickinson a "jealous prick," and claimed
that Iron Maiden’s bassist had gone on to apologise for Bruce’s behaviour.

She also wrote, weirdly, that "It also offended me every night how he
took out the English flag in America. There are American boys going to
war alongside the English boys every day. How dare he forget the
American troops on their home tur
f".

No longer on the Ozzfest tour, Iron Maiden have retaliated. Their manager Rod Smallwood wrote on their website: "In 30 years
in this business and after attending hundreds of gigs l have never seen
anything anywhere near as disgusting and unprofessional as what went on
that night… The scale, viciousness and concentration of the throwing
made it obvious that this was a premeditated and co-ordinated attack".

He also goes on to claim that the chants for Ozzy were actually a tape
played deliberately through the PA system.

Who’s right and who’s wrong? We don’t really care – take the music
out of the equation and you’re basically left with a shrieking mother screaming at a pilot. Admittedly the mother is the face of a supermarket and the pilot is friends with a giant papier-mache zombie.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/sharon-osbourne-upsets-iron-maiden-at-ozzfest/20051083.php

BOlded/Underlined part angers me greatly

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Jan 28 2011 05:33am
Jan 30 2011 02:59pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jan 28 2011 06:31am)
Jack is cool - he is nothing like the fat one or the old skinny one. He has a pretty good and varied music taste, has helped on Production on a few albums over the last few years and his Extreme Adrenaline tv show is badass :D

Yes, she boo'd maiden. I will find you a link brb

Travis impressed me, but as a guitarist I don't care for drumming lol. Corey ftw, Matt can fuck off.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/sharon-osbourne-upsets-iron-maiden-at-ozzfest/20051083.php

BOlded/Underlined part angers me greatly

Well, at the very least we agree that Sharron is a huge bitch. Cheers. :D
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll