d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Rockband 3 Real Guitar. > Should I Buy It?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 5 2010 10:03pm
zzz
Gold: 13.37
Dec 5 2010 10:58pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Nov 7 2010 05:12pm)
And this is the reason why I hate rock band, you think you're a musician... Wrong forum, please go away.

I can't speak much for guitar, however Rockband Drums are exactly like playing a real kit. It teaches basic rudiments, timing, co-ordination, and builds endurance. There is not one part of Rock Band Drums that ISN'T like playing the real thing.

I started playing Rockband on easy, slowly moved up to expert, and eventually bought a real kit. I am now a better drummer than most people will ever be, and it's all because of a 'game'.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 5 2010 11:16pm
Quote (uberxx @ Dec 5 2010 11:03pm)
zzz

newbspamgtfo
Gold: 0.50
Dec 6 2010 01:11am
Quote (Darkshade @ Dec 6 2010 03:50am)
Wait what? We're talking about a fucking game here.

Even if you still have to strum your mighty six strings, it still remains that the whole concept of this thread is related to a game, yet off-topic.

yes, the guitar is related to a game; however, it is a working electric guitar that if i so desire i can play my own music on. that being said, a working guitar is a working guitar, even if it is a lesser quality squire. why not ask other musicians if they believed it was a good value. I don't think i would get very good advice from any Rock Band thread.

you don't seem to popular around here my friend.

maybe practice more and post less.
Dec 6 2010 10:10am
Quote (Kello125 @ Dec 6 2010 02:11am)
yes, the guitar is related to a game; however,  it is a working electric guitar that if i so desire i can play my own music on. that being said, a working guitar is a working guitar, even if it is a lesser quality squire. why not ask other musicians if they believed it was a good value. I don't think i would get very good advice from any Rock Band thread.

you don't seem to popular around here my friend.

maybe practice more and post less.

I understand your point, but still it remains that video games are not supposed to be part of this subforum.
To answer your question, you said you played many instruments including guitar; I suppose you do know how to play so try going for something higher quality instead of spending $300 on a Squire.

I have been around here way longer than you've been, some people like me, others hate me.

Guitar is a hobby for me, I attained a level I always wanted so I don't need to practice that much.

Anything else to add?
Dec 6 2010 12:13pm
I personally really hate the concept of this guitar game crap

if you wanna play guitar PLAY SOME GUITAR DUDE!!! dont play a game..

and ya i know its a real guitar or w/e, but what ever happened to just one man and one guitar rockin alone..

I just dont like this new thing, I'd rather just play my own music then spend time playing a game to learn other peoples music. Which in the long run, will get you no where in life.
Dec 6 2010 02:58pm
In all seriousness, on topic...if you're just buying it to play pro mode bass/guitar, probably not worth the extra investment although I haven't done any research on the durability/quality of the squire vs the mustang. But if you are planning to use it as a real guitar as well, which it sounds like you are, then I do feel it will be worth the extra 50-100$

Now off topic...I really, really tried to avoid responding but I just can't help myself...

Quote (weasleface @ Dec 6 2010 01:13pm)
I personally really hate the concept of this guitar game crap

if you wanna play guitar PLAY SOME GUITAR DUDE!!! dont play a game..

and ya i know its a real guitar or w/e, but what ever happened to just one man and one guitar rockin alone..

I just dont like this new thing, I'd rather just play my own music then spend time playing a game to learn other peoples music. Which in the long run, will get you no where in life.

You're making a false assumption here that people play these games because they want to play guitar. People play these games because they enjoy playing them, that's it. And as a musician I want everyone to be able to enjoy music however that may be so how can you hate a game that allows people to connect with music on a deeper level than just listening to it? I am suprised at how many musicians/guitar players have animosity towards these games. They are great tools for learning music; tempo, time signature, etc. and in the case of drums actually great learning tools for playing the real thing as a previous poster has already stated, and anything that introduces people to the finer aspects of music is ok in my book.

Now to specifically address your last line...learning other people's music is a great way to learn new skills and to broaden one's horizon so I'm not sure why you are against it, and having had first hand experience playing pro mode on Rock Band 3 I can assure you it will be very, very hard to learn how to play these songs solely from the game. You will pretty much have to know how to play them already or will have to learn them which, again, isn't a bad thing.
Gold: 20.00
Dec 6 2010 05:40pm
darkshade being a douche?

oh man, unheard of

/sarcasm
Dec 6 2010 05:43pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 6 2010 06:40pm)
darkshade being a douche?

oh man, unheard of

/sarcasm

lolz
Dec 6 2010 07:17pm
Quote (Eep @ Dec 6 2010 06:40pm)
I'm so cool, look at my other threads where the whole section literally verbal me and I rage.

Everyone already saw that Eep.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll