d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Musicians Chat
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.01
Sep 10 2010 02:39pm
Quote (Superchum @ Sep 10 2010 08:37pm)
Hey I play music, what are we talking about?

Whether this thread is a good idea or whether I should castrate myself with a spoon just for considering the thought of making it... I kinda thought the whole point was for anyone to change the subject at any time if they had something to say which didn't quite meet the strict regulations of posting a thread in musicians chat.
Gold: 12.00
Sep 10 2010 03:08pm
3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous): Superchum, Rupsu, Derkaderk

Holy shit! A live thread in the Music Domain. You must be doing something right.

Yea I agree. It's a forum where like minded people chat. So what if you post," How bout that soccer game!" You wanna chat about it with musicians not soccer douche bags.
Sep 10 2010 03:40pm
Quote (Superchum @ Sep 10 2010 09:08pm)
3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous): Superchum, Rupsu, Derkaderk

Holy shit! A live thread in the Music Domain. You must be doing something right.

Yea I agree. It's a forum where like minded people chat. So what if you post," How bout that soccer game!" You wanna chat about it with musicians not soccer douche bags.

I just noticed that anyone posting anything that wasn't to do with asking for some form of musical help or telling people about a new purchase was completely frowned upon - and personally I frown upon that in itself. A couple of years ago before my long break from Diablo 2 and d2jsp there would be totally no reason to have this thread because people here were a lot less anal. But in my opinion it seems like a good idea to have this thread for the way things are right now...

In all fairness, I expected the topic of conversation to eventually always go back to music and music related subjects :)

I have no objection to this thread totally failing, it's something I have thought about before - but after a few beers it seemed like a good time to actually start it up ;)

If anyone thinks this is a stupid idea, don't be scared to say so - I wont try and change your mind or bash your opinions unless they are totally conceited and only interested in the rules of the forum!

But as of now, I am going to go and watch Metapocalypse while I fall asleep :)
Gold: 1.00
Sep 10 2010 06:18pm
Musicians Chat is a place for musicians to chat about things music-related. It doesn't matter if you are a musician, you wouldn't come in here and write about random things like your wife passed away from cancer.
Sep 11 2010 01:09am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Sep 11 2010 12:18am)
Musicians Chat is a place for musicians to chat about things music-related. It doesn't matter if you are a musician, you wouldn't come in here and write about random things like your wife passed away from cancer.

That was a joke. Plus this forum really isn't for musicians to chat about music related things anymore, if it was I wouldn't be making this... If I was to say anything about some musical related news I would get into an argument now for doing so.

I'm not going to be around forever, if very much longer at all as I always take big breaks from my computer for no apparent reason. This was an attempt at actually getting a small community back here like there once was :)
Gold: 4,807.80
Sep 11 2010 02:39am
I sort of agree. I'm not too fussed what appears in here, providing it's flame-free and relevant to musicians, I don't see the problem.

True, your new favourite album should go in Favourite Songs&Bands but you also gotta bear in mind the embaressingly low intelectual property of 90% of the replies in that forum. This place generally has a good quality of posts, and there are a few that try and maintain it's relevance.

The issue I have is with people literally trolling for an arguement which is why the BF should be re-instated ^_^
Gold: 7,065.69
Sep 11 2010 06:42am
i like the idea

this forum shouldnt be "about musicians" but about musicians that want to talk to other musicians

the only thing i dont really like seeing here is "omgz bestest band" unless it says "I love the way XXXX does this thing with his guitar"
if ya get what i mean?
Sep 11 2010 11:56am
Quote (hellohal @ Sep 11 2010 12:42pm)
i like the idea

this forum shouldnt be "about musicians" but about musicians that want to talk to other musicians

the only thing i dont really like seeing here is "omgz bestest band" unless it says "I love the way XXXX does this thing with his guitar"
if ya get what i mean?

Agree with you there, seeing as they made the favourite band section in one of my long absences. But if we don't get a few more people who think this is a good idea we may as well just let the topic die I suppose.
Gold: 20.00
Sep 11 2010 12:54pm
You are correct that the forum is for musicians talking to other musicians. Not about angry individuals looking for a place to vent because X and X left a band or died.

I said it before, I'll say it again:

1: if a well known musician creates a new drum solo or piece of music and you want to discuss it, that's ok

2: if a well known musician takes a shit on a kitten or LEAVES HIS BAND, that's not ok

I like musicians chat because it doesn't have the level of dribble that FSBC gets. So when CERTAIN PEOPLE start RAGING and start trying to justify their SPAM in this forum, don't you dare call me out on being the bad guy.

And so now that your boyfriend has raged over DT, you want to create a place for him to rage in the future. You claim to want to rid the forum of spam and stuff, so what do you do? You make another spam thread to contain the other spam. In my opinion, you are just trying to find a way to be the GOOD GUY and justify Darkshades temper tantrums.

Superchum might be 1 guy who wants to talk about soccer or whatever in a music forum, but really? If you guys want to chat about off topic things with people who aren't complete dicks, how about getting some friends?

This post was edited by Eep on Sep 11 2010 01:12pm
Gold: 1.73
Sep 11 2010 12:59pm
i agree with whoever made this topic, i hate when you try to get into a convo and you can't because your topics get closed ect.
Plus on the musicians part, my first time improving in a jazz band class was super fail.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll