d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Im Gonna Buy A New Mic > What Should I Get?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 31 2010 04:25pm
Quote (hellohal @ Aug 31 2010 06:13pm)
dont know too much about the 4040 just not a big fan of the brand

i just know that by getting an sm57 you'll get an industry standard mic for a low price

just look for reviews, perhaps look at a sm58 as its basically the same mic just with a cover thing on it which will shield the more unwanted sounds of quieter instruments

+ you wont need phantom power^^

phantom power isnt a probloem at all, my device provides it

ya i just looked at reviews for the shure sm58 and pretty much every single review says they are very reliable and will last decades

but i dont freakin care how reliable it is, i dont want a mic that is reliable i want a mic that sounds fantastic. and alot of ppl said that sm57 and 58 are outdated and new technology beats them easy
im not gigging and touring with my mic.. its going to sit in my room for about 3 years. so no thanks to the shure sm's

This post was edited by weasleface on Aug 31 2010 04:38pm
Gold: 7,065.69
Aug 31 2010 05:08pm
Quote (weasleface @ 31 Aug 2010 23:25)

ya i just looked at reviews for the shure sm58 and pretty much every single review says they are very reliable and will last decades

but i dont freakin care how reliable it is, i dont want a mic that is reliable i want a mic that sounds fantastic. and alot of ppl said that sm57 and 58 are outdated and new technology beats them easy
im not gigging and touring with my mic.. its going to sit in my room for about 3 years. so no thanks to the shure sm's

lol k, but who says there outdated :P
Gold: 25.00
Aug 31 2010 05:16pm
Quote (weasleface @ Aug 31 2010 03:25pm)

Its your choice man. But one time when you trip on a chord or a your cat/dog/idiot friend/family member accidentally knocks the mic stand down and your $300 fragile ass mic hits the ground you are going to be bumming when it breaks on you. Don't think I am judging you or telling you not to get the mic you want, I am just speaking of experience with equipment, and the shure mics I have used always sounded great as well as being able to beat someone to death with it without scratching it :)
Gold: 19,597.59
Aug 31 2010 05:20pm
those are a couple of really good mics for studio use. ive used both rhode and audio technica and love them.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 31 2010 06:13pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Aug 31 2010 07:16pm)
Its your choice man. But one time when you trip on a chord or a your cat/dog/idiot friend/family member accidentally knocks the mic stand down and your $300 fragile ass mic hits the ground you are going to be bumming when it breaks on you. Don't think I am judging you or telling you not to get the mic you want, I am just speaking of experience with equipment, and the shure mics I have used always sounded great as well as being able to beat someone to death with it without scratching it :)

well im just judging on whats happened so far
and so far

my mic hasnt fallen over one time and no one has tripped on the chord or anything and i dont have dogs and my cats dont chew through wires lol

so i just want a mic that sounds good
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll