d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Suprisingly Impressed...epiphone Les Paul Custom
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Sep 1 2010 04:02pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Aug 31 2010 04:42pm)
i dont get it. was the epiphone "suped up"? maybe your gibson is a knockoff? (hope not and really doubt it).

No the gibson was bought straight from musicians friend. How do you not understand that they are the same price guitar, but the epiphone custom plus actually uses better materials than the gibson studio faded does?

Actually I took a good look at the bridge humbucker and its a gibson 57 classic lol, but regardless the overrall "feel" of the guitar is much better, not counting the much more durable finish. I am going to post some pics in here of it, as well as my other gibsons. :)

This post was edited by MyExitEmergency on Sep 1 2010 04:06pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 1 2010 04:11pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Sep 1 2010 05:02pm)
No the gibson was bought straight from musicians friend. How do you not understand that they are the same price guitar, but the epiphone custom plus actually uses better materials than the gibson studio faded does?

Actually I took a good look at the bridge humbucker and its a gibson 57 classic lol, but regardless the overrall "feel" of the guitar is much better, not counting the much more durable finish. I am going to post some pics in here of it, as well as my other gibsons. :)

Because it is the faded version and the back of the neck is slow and not glossed. It's not even made the same as the real les paul studios. that's why there's over a 400$ price difference.
Gold: 25.00
Sep 1 2010 04:32pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Sep 1 2010 03:11pm)
Because it is the faded version and the back of the neck is slow and not glossed. It's not even made the same as the real les paul studios. that's why there's over a 400$ price difference.

I know, people are caught up on the name. They hear epiphone and think they are total shit. Mine is actually georgous and sounds and feels amazing (partly due to the Gibson 57 classic in the bridge lol). Now I hate the epi standards, but this Epi custom plus is a whole different matter, it feels alot like the Epiphone Elite series Les Pauls in many respects.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 1 2010 11:02pm
Eh there both gay guitars, imo.
Gold: 4,807.80
Sep 2 2010 06:06am
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ 1 Sep 2010 22:32)
I know, people are caught up on the name.  They hear epiphone and think they are total shit.  Mine is actually georgous and sounds and feels amazing (partly due to the Gibson 57 classic in the bridge lol).  Now I hate the epi standards, but this Epi custom plus is a whole different matter, it feels alot like the Epiphone Elite series Les Pauls in many respects.

If you wanna be seriously impressed with an Epiphone, Total Guitar and generally the Web have gone NUTS about this:

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1625

I see what they mean about it. I would have to try it and test it, but it's a solid fuckin investment for £499 and is fighting that stigma of "Epiphone suck all the time", not all the time, just alot of it ;)

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll