d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Help Acoustic Guitar
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,597.59
Aug 23 2010 12:23pm
it is typical to have to setup a guitar when ordering it online. just take a damn hex key, look inside the soundhole (where neck meets body) and turn the thing until the space between the 7th fret and the neck increses by 1/2 mm. be careful and dont turn it too much. loosen your strings when you do this and use a good ruler/straight edge!
Gold: 1.00
Aug 23 2010 05:00pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Aug 23 2010 01:23pm)
it is typical to have to setup a guitar when ordering it online. just take a damn hex key, look inside the soundhole (where neck meets body) and turn the thing until the space between the 7th fret and the neck increses by 1/2 mm. be careful and dont turn it too much. loosen your strings when you do this and use a good ruler/straight edge!

I intentionally did not tell him this b/c I do not want him ruining his brand new guitar. It may be easy for someone with experience to set up a guitar when we get it, but for a beginner, it can be risky.
Regardless, a new guitar should not have such low action as he described. (From what he has been telling me, the action is much too low). It really shouldn't have left the factory like that imo o.O

OP, I suggest you don't do this. Try thicker strings as I suggested.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll