d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Stage Fear; Playing Piano
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Mar 3 2010 02:20pm
Quote (thestrayboys @ Mar 3 2010 08:47am)
im not afraid of playing for peoples, i have just a bigger fear for playing for friends in the auddience, knowing that they're there just to see me play.

I suppose the other people are just there for the nachos?
Gold: 1,786.00
Mar 3 2010 03:59pm
Playing your own compositions is always the best. I remember couple years ago I entered this talent show and this one girl played a very complex classical piece, I honestly don't remember who wrote it, but she played it flawlessly and got 2nd place. I played an original piece on piano and took the first prize of 100 dollars :D

In terms of stage fright, if you are nervous that means you are normal and that you care about music/piano/competing. If you aren't nervous or if you don't have fears or something, then you must be lying, something must be wrong with you or this isn't for you. I mean Roger Federer, world number 1 tennis player, still gets nervous stepping on center court of a tournament, especially the final, even though he has won 16 Grand Slams and appeared in 6 other finals. So don't stress about it because once it is crunch time, if you really truly care about playing and love piano, you will totally forget the crowd and only be playing the piano, it is such an awesome feeling that I still get after more than 14 years of playing in front of audiences. There is nothing wrong with being nervous or thinking you have stage fright because you will always be thinking this way before every concert, and then you'll forget about all of it after your performance.
Gold: 6,000.00
Mar 3 2010 04:26pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ 3 Mar 2010 21:20)
I suppose the other people are just there for the nachos?

made my dayhahahahah

Quote (Godest @ 3 Mar 2010 22:59)
Playing your own compositions is always the best. I remember couple years ago I entered this talent show and this one girl played a very complex classical piece, I honestly don't remember who wrote it, but she played it flawlessly and got 2nd place. I played an original piece on piano and took the first prize of 100 dollars :D

In terms of stage fright, if you are nervous that means you are normal and that you care about music/piano/competing. If you aren't nervous or if you don't have fears or something, then you must be lying, something must be wrong with you or this isn't for you. I mean Roger Federer, world number 1 tennis player, still gets nervous stepping on center court of a tournament, especially the final, even though he has won 16 Grand Slams and appeared in 6 other finals. So don't stress about it because once it is crunch time, if you really truly care about playing and love piano, you will totally forget the crowd and only be playing the piano, it is such an awesome feeling that I still get after more than 14 years of playing in front of audiences. There is nothing wrong with being nervous or thinking you have stage fright because you will always be thinking this way before every concert, and then you'll forget about all of it after your performance.

You have a good point there thank you :)
That's true im a bit afraid to play wrong and all those stuffs.. it's pretty easy to say that you'll forget all your mistakes after, but you won't forget it if it's big BIGBIG mistakes:P

This post was edited by thestrayboys on Mar 3 2010 04:26pm
Gold: 6,000.00
Mar 3 2010 04:29pm
Quote (FrogZor @ 3 Mar 2010 19:16)
Dude, they come to see YOU play, impress them that's it!

Personally i'd go for the Chopin piece, or try to learn Fantaisie Impromptue Op. 66 from Chopin :D, you'd impress everybody for sure hahaha :D!

Fantasie Impromptu is a wonderful piece, haven't learned it yet but it'll come dont worry :D

ty for your opinions :)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll