d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Lets Be Frank
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,204.00
Feb 22 2010 02:22pm
Quote (Mathcorey @ Feb 22 2010 11:18am)
To maybe back your claim about a digital processor for recording, I believe Between the Buried and Me uses a POD X3 for recording.

many bands i like listening to use the POD X3
like:
symphony x
adagio
Gold: 0.00
Feb 22 2010 06:22pm
Quote (Blackarrowx @ Feb 22 2010 02:14pm)
as great as your mesa sounds,

its no where near ideal for recording, trust me i know, ive owned them before

while there are a lot of tone junkies out there who will bash me in the face for this,

the best way to record is through digital processor like the line 6 tone port gx or what i use for recording : digitech rp500

they honestly sound great, and since you arent a multi million dollar record company, this will do just fine for you. the tone port gx is $80 new, and will come with everything you need to record to your computer.
plus you get tons of sounds and effects to play with.

oh and btw, a lot of pros use Pods and toneports for their profession recordings

for the mesa to sound good, you need to crank it up, and unless you put it behind a couple inches of steel, thats not going to happen

Uhm sorry but if you have atleast decent mics and know how to place them, you can get almost a better tone while micing than line-in or digital processor recording.
Gold: 18,204.00
Feb 22 2010 07:02pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Feb 22 2010 04:22pm)
Uhm sorry but if you have atleast decent mics and know how to place them, you can get almost a better tone while micing than line-in or digital processor recording.

really now....

tell me why so many bands use processors for recording then?

by all means, you send me some of your recordings, lets seee if your mic'd recordings sound better than my digital ones. I'm really curious to see how well you place your mic and how great of a tone you get
Gold: 0.00
Feb 22 2010 07:05pm
Quote (Blackarrowx @ Feb 22 2010 08:02pm)
really now....

tell me why so many bands use processors for recording then?

by all means, you send me some of your recordings, lets seee if your mic'd recordings sound better than my digital ones. I'm really curious to see how well you place your mic and how great of a tone you get

1. I don't have decent/good mics.
2. I don't have such a great amp as a mesa dual recto.
3. Have you ever heard of reamping?

Guess not. And by the way, I've never said none use processors to record, I just said that sometimes you can get a more desired and better tone suiting your music with micing.

This post was edited by Darkshade on Feb 22 2010 07:11pm
Gold: 1.00
Feb 22 2010 07:10pm
http://www.tapeop.com/subscription/
Here's a FREE recording magazine you can subscribe to (only free in the US and UK).
It's a basic grass roots type of magazine, not major or anything, but articles are written by other people who have home recording setups.
I'm subscribed to it and it does have very good information sometimes. Though it's free and sent third class, so the magazine is not always guaranteed to arrive (but I've gotten one every month.)
Gold: 1,551.68
Feb 25 2010 12:24pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 07:10pm)
http://www.tapeop.com/subscription/
Here's a FREE recording magazine you can subscribe to (only free in the US and UK).
It's a basic grass roots type of magazine, not major or anything, but articles are written by other people who have home recording setups.
I'm subscribed to it and it does have very good information sometimes. Though it's free and sent third class, so the magazine is not always guaranteed to arrive (but I've gotten one every month.)

this legit?
Gold: 1.00
Feb 25 2010 09:31pm
Quote (Honestly @ Feb 25 2010 01:24pm)
this legit?

Yes! I found out about it from my high school music teacher last year. The magazines main source of revenue is from ads they put in the magazines. Now I'm not saying this is on par with magazines with paid subscriptions, but it definitely has some good info, and you can't beat free. Also (as I stated before), they are sent third class so not 100% guaranteed that every issue will make it to you. (Just a heads up)
Gold: 80.00
Feb 27 2010 04:37am
Buy a digitech rp250/255 (heard they updated models.) and plug in. run any synths thru FLStudio, and any audio recording thru Adobe Audition. (both EZ progs to get) then buy a low budget mix board and run clean thru the processor. only equip you'll have to get now is a drum mic kit. XD you can PM me and i'll show you just how pro studio quality you can get with just these little devices.

This post was edited by IXTheRazorXI on Feb 27 2010 04:39am
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll