d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Anyone Drummer On Here? > 1 Question
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,065.69
Nov 15 2009 01:58pm
Quote (Eep @ 15 Nov 2009 19:04)
Even the best E-kit won't give you the same feel as hitting a real crash cymbal.

no but it will give it extremely close to it
Gold: 2,013.51
Nov 15 2009 07:04pm
Quote (hellohal @ 15 Nov 2009 21:58)
no but it will give it extremely close to it

let me know how that happens lol
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2009 07:52pm
Quote (Eep @ Nov 15 2009 03:22am)
If you actually care about drumming and learning it, tell people to fuck off and buy an acoustic set.

If you just want to play for fun and not bother other people, get an e-kit.

You should fuck off.

A high-end e-kit is as good as an acoustic.
Gold: 20.00
Nov 16 2009 02:07am
Quote (Darkshade @ Nov 15 2009 08:52pm)
You should fuck off.

A high-end e-kit is as good as an acoustic.

yeah ok, how many of the worlds greatest drummers practiced on E-kits?

And if you ask any professional drummer who actually has a CAREER, not people who use e-kits after they are rich/famous....what would they recommend for learning the drums?

Guess what kid, they recommend ACOUSTIC KITS.

You've already backed yourself into a wall. Don't bother arguing a point you know isn't true.
Gold: 7,065.69
Nov 16 2009 05:19am
Quote (Eep @ 16 Nov 2009 08:07)

And if you ask any professional drummer who actually has a CAREER, not people who use e-kits after they are rich/famous....what would they recommend for learning the drums?

You've already backed yourself into a wall. Don't bother arguing a point you know isn't true.

i bet you pretty much every top drummer has an e-kit xD

thomas lang practices on one

ofc acoustic kits are nicer feel
but if you have to compromise with an e-kit due to where u live etc, they are still nice

i know a drummer near where i live that uses one for live gigs
Nov 16 2009 11:15am
Quote (Eep @ Nov 16 2009 03:07am)

Exactly what hellohal said.
You shouldn't bother arguing because you know I'm right and that e-kits are as good as acoustics, except the feeling.
Gold: 1.00
Nov 16 2009 11:33am
Quote (Darkshade @ Nov 16 2009 12:15pm)
Exactly what hellohal said.
You shouldn't bother arguing because you know I'm right and that e-kits are as good as acoustics, except the feeling.

well, imo, feel is quite important. I would never play an e-kit, it just doesn't feel right. Anyways, the most advanced hardware/software combination in the world cannot emulate the feel of acoustic drums and real-world physics to produce realistic cymbals.
Nov 16 2009 11:57am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Nov 16 2009 12:33pm)
well, imo, feel is quite important.  I would never play an e-kit, it just doesn't feel right.  Anyways, the most advanced hardware/software combination in the world cannot emulate the feel of acoustic drums and real-world physics to produce realistic cymbals.

I agree, but Eep put it that way: If you can't play an acoustic, you'll never take drums seriously.
Which is false.
Gold: 20.00
Nov 16 2009 02:00pm
God you guys are so dense

re-read what I said again.

Sure, some of the best drummers have e-kits, but they started on and still recommend acoustics to NEW drummers for a reason.

And also, even if you WERE to have an e-drum kit that felt CLOSE to a real one, it would cost something like $3000+

You can get a good acoustic which sounds better and helps you learn better for MUCH cheaper.

I'm aware some people need to compromise, but if you want to learn drums CORRECTLY you should get an acoustic and just rent a studio somewhere or go to a music store and ask to practice there or something.

Because if you do perform live, you'll want to use an acoustic and guess what, if you switch from e-kit to acoustic, you won't know how to TUNE the drums, let alone play them correctly.
Gold: 1.00
Nov 16 2009 06:01pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Nov 16 2009 12:57pm)
I agree, but Eep put it that way: If you can't play an acoustic, you'll never take drums seriously.
Which is false.

Well, I'm kinda with you on that one, I don't agree with his extreme position that you can never take drums seriously if you start out on an e-kit... The fact of the matter is, for a great period when you start an instrument, you are mostly building your muscle memory and dexterity. You are teaching your body first to be able to make the movements necessary to play. I think it's quite acceptable to start out on an e-kit, however, as mentioned before, it would be different from an acoustic set in many ways and (assuming a beginner at drums isn't willing to go all out) feel different. I may just be a little biased, I've played acoustic from the beginning, and the times I've played a e-kit, I hated it. But I suppose if somebody has never played drums, they could start out on electric, to build up basic skills first. =)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll