d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Vocal Recording Hardware
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.00
Nov 2 2009 12:47pm
Quote (Innocent @ 2 Nov 2009 13:33)
DIY is great and all, but if you're any good i'd just save the money and buy professional recording equipment or go to a studio.
Studios aren't all that expensive for the quality of recording you'll get and if your band is any decent you'll make the money back fairly quickly.
What I do is just use the cheap stuff like the $20 microphones and the cheap ass recording software that I have on my laptop then I make demos and I practise until I can play it perfectly then I go to my parents studio and record it. I know i'm lucky to have parents that already own all the recording equipment, but I was looking at the time it takes to record in comparison with rates and it wouldn't cost more than like $150 to make an LP.

Even if you manage to get clear vocals with your DIY equipment, the drums will still sound like shit and drum mics are probably the most expensive part of anything you'll need to record.

my band is two hours up north and they record at THEIR friends house which is in NYC, 3 1/2 hours total up north from me only an hour or so from them. i kind of find it hard to take your criticism seriously though, since you seem to think a band is only as "decent" as the quality of their recording equipment and/or budget.

i make music because it's my passion and i enjoy it, not to get famous and make money. that is not nor will it ever be my intention, i make due with what i have and i'm sure i'll be very pleased with it.

This post was edited by Wretch on Nov 2 2009 12:50pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 2 2009 01:01pm
Quote (Wretch @ 2 Nov 2009 19:47)
my band is two hours up north and they record at THEIR friends house which is in NYC, 3 1/2 hours total up north from me only an hour or so from them. i kind of find it hard to take your criticism seriously though, since you seem to think a band is only as "decent" as the quality of their recording equipment and/or budget.

i make music because it's my passion and i enjoy it, not to get famous and make money. that is not nor will it ever be my intention, i make due with what i have and i'm sure i'll be very pleased with it.

Hard to take me seriously?
It sucks that your other bandmates live so far away, but the whole point of a band is to be together and practise and create something. That's great that you're passionate about it; I am too. I'm not seeing where you think I solely want to profit off the music I create. I'm just obviously more passionate about it than you, because I don't want the quality of my creations to be complete and utter shit, especially when I can do better than the low budget demo CD's that my $20 mixing software spits out.

Tons of passion in this list, right?
These people play music solely for enjoyment, right?

10 Years
A Perfect Circle
A Skylit Drive
A Static Lullaby
Adema
Alesana
All That Remains
All Time Low
Ampere
Armor For Sleep
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
August Burns Red
Avenged Sevenfold
Between The Buried And Me
Before Their Eyes
Bleeding Through
Breaking Benjamin
Bullet For My Valentine
Bring Me The Horizon
Cancer Bats
Chevelle
Chiodos
City of Caterpillar
Circa Survive
Circle Takes The Square
Cradle of Filth
Crossfade
Dance Gavin Dance
Daughters
Darkest Hour
Deftones
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
Emery
Escape The Fate
Finch
From First To Last
Funeral Diner
Funeral For A Friend
For All Those Sleeping
Greeley Estates
Green Day
He Is Legend
HIM
I Am Ghost
In Fear And Faith
Incubus
I'm Jealous of Wretch
iwrestledabearonce
Jack's Mannequin
Job For A Cowboy
Killswitch Engage
killwhitneydead
KoRn
Lacrimas Profundere
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
Marilyn Manson
Mindless Self Indulgence
My Chemical Romance
Wretch Owns Me
Name Taken
Nine Inch Nails
Necro
Norma Jean
Orchid
Pink Floyd
Pg. 99
Placebo
Protest The Hero
Portraits of Past
Resident Hero
Saetia
Saosin
Saves The Day
Seether
Senses Fail
Silverstein
SixxAM
Slipknot
Straylight Run
Suicide Silence
Suis la Lune
The 69 Eyes
The Bled
The Blood Brothers
The Devil Wears Prada
The Fall Of Troy
The Number Twelve Looks Like You
The Used
Three Days Grace
Tool
Trapt
Trust Company
Underoath
Vendetta Red
The White Stripes
Winds Of Plague
Yellowcard

Mindless Self Indulgence released like 4 different versions of the exact same CD. They are in it largely, if not solely for the money, and since these seem to be your favourite artists, it's hard to take -you- seriously.

No one would like these bands if their discography was nothing more than shitty casette tapes.
I was just offering advice on how to get better quality recordings for a very cheap price, which you obviously care about to an extent since you took the time to ask for what's better before purchasing your mic.
Nov 2 2009 01:13pm
wait, is my band name the same as any of the bands i listen to? are we the same band? huh, no? whew good okay just checking. had to double check we're 100% completely different polar fucking opposite things for a sec, just to be sure.

good thing, i was worried.

you wanna argue like a little 12 year old and throw childish feeble insults as soon as someone opposes something you say, the diablo forums are that way <-- .

enjoy, now fuck off.

This post was edited by Wretch on Nov 2 2009 01:14pm
Nov 2 2009 01:19pm
Quote (Wretch @ 2 Nov 2009 20:13)
wait, is my band name the same as any of the bands i listen to? are we the same band? huh, no? whew good okay just checking. had to double check we're 100% completely different polar fucking opposite things for a sec, just to be sure.

good thing, i was worried.

you wanna argue like a little 12 year old and throw childish feeble insults as soon as someone opposes something you say, the diablo forums are that way <-- .

enjoy, now fuck off.

Oh, wow, thanks for clarifying, although there could've been more meaning to me posting that list. You know, since people are usually very musically influenced by the bands they listen to, which would explain why your list is comprised of the typical scenester bands and you know, how you're the typical scenester, so you're not all that different. It's alright though. You'll realise you're a total tool like the rest of the dumb kids who listen to Senses Fail. It just takes time.
Nov 2 2009 01:20pm
Quote (Innocent @ 2 Nov 2009 14:19)
Oh, wow, thanks for clarifying, although there could've been more meaning to me posting that list. You know, since people are usually very musically influenced by the bands they listen to, which would explain why your list is comprised of the typical scenester bands and you know, how you're the typical scenester, so you're not all that different. It's alright though. You'll realise you're a total tool like the rest of the dumb kids who listen to Senses Fail. It just takes time.

Birthday: 25 Feb 1995

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahem sorry what? unsubscribing this so have fun pfff.

anyways ordered that mixer off amazon, should be here in a few days. thanks for the help zodi and darkshade, i appreciate it.

This post was edited by Wretch on Nov 2 2009 01:22pm
Nov 2 2009 01:23pm
Quote (Wretch @ 2 Nov 2009 20:20)
Birthday: 25 Feb 1995

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:    :lol:

ahem sorry what? unsubscribing this so have fun pfff.

anyways ordered that mixer off amazon, should be here in a few days. thanks for the help zodi and darkshade, i appreciate it.

Hi i'm Wretch. You're most likely here at my profile because i just severely angered you or gave you some supreme verbal abuse, and you're hoping to find something personal information in my profile to flame me with. Good luck, faggot!

oh the irony and hypocrisy of it all.
You best leave and not check this thread again, because a 14 year old girl has just put you in your place.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nov 2 2009 01:26pm
Quote (Innocent @ Nov 2 2009 01:19pm)

Being musically influenced by a band is not synonymous with following the same motivation. Quit being such a pompous jackass.

This post was edited by Derkaderk on Nov 2 2009 01:28pm
Nov 2 2009 06:52pm
Innocent, just shut the fuck up please.

If you do not know why someone plays music because it's his passion, I'd suggest you leave this sub-forum.

/E: No problem Wretch, just throw me a PM if you have any questions.

This post was edited by Darkshade on Nov 2 2009 06:53pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll