d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Need Your Thoughts About The Fender Squier
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,169.37
Trader: Trusted
Oct 21 2009 02:36pm
Don't do it. In my opinion its cheap guitars like squires that keep people from wanting to play and get better. Consider the investment carefully and go for something better -- you'll be happier and find yourself more inspired to play that way. I had a squire a while back, and they're impossible to keep in tune after a couple months (regardless of how often you change the strings).
Gold: 4,883.80
Oct 21 2009 02:56pm
Quote (CTaulborg @ Wed, 21 Oct 2009, 20:36)
Don't do it. In my opinion its cheap guitars like squires that keep people from wanting to play and get better. Consider the investment carefully and go for something better -- you'll be happier and find yourself more inspired to play that way. I had a squire a while back, and they're impossible to keep in tune after a couple months (regardless of how often you change the strings).

My Stagg did that too. Thats beginner guitars for you I suppose ^_^
Gold: 20.00
Oct 21 2009 05:59pm
Quote (Zodijackyl @ Fri, Oct 16 2009, 10:37pm)
If you buy a Squier (or any "brand name" starter guitar, you are going to get a cheaply made guitar built overseas at a very low cost - whether or not you pay for a name like Fender on it doesn't matter.  You won't notice an increase in quality from that Ibanez to a Squier guitar, though your preferences may lead you to like one of them more than the other. 

I recommend looking at small name guitars if you want something inexpensive, companies like SX and Agile make entry-level guitars that are very inexpensive and can be ordered very cheap online - you can get a decent guitar without paying for the name and a retail store, you will get something similar, it is unlikely to be set up perfectly, but it doesn't require professional work to set it up to play quite well. 

If you are considering trading it, don't bother unless you prefer a Strat/Tele style guitar, it isn't going to be better overall, but it can be better for your personal playing style.

This man knows what he's talking about. While the Squier is a nice beginner guitar, you can get arguably higher quality for less.

Agiles are quite nice, imo.
Gold: 45,591.26
Trader: Trusted
Oct 21 2009 08:30pm
Quote (CTaulborg @ Wed, Oct 21 2009, 04:36pm)

Did you have a Squier strat or tele? The floating bridge on any cheap strat-style guitar goes out of tune very easily especially because the springs used to balance it are generally of poor quality, but the Squier Telecasters stay in tune fairly well because of the fixed bridge.
I completely agree that it is worth the investment, but nicer guitars are often much less accessible to younger people, it can be helpful to find the better ones.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll