d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Ok So, My Amp Is Doing Really Annoying Noises
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 1 2009 11:14am
Quote (icp_1 @ Wed, Sep 30 2009, 04:23pm)
the buzz kinda disapear when i put my hand on the strings

Then yes its not being grounded properly. First and easiest thing is to buy a different cable. After that if you know how to solder, make sure that the ground from the input jacket is done as well as the ground you should have coming from the pickups, sometimes they just ground in a piece of the bridge or tremelo, or the back of a volume/tone pot. What you need to do is look up on the internet a wiring diagram for your guitar, or a guitar with the same pickup and volume/tone setup as yours. Fixing a ground in a guitar is extremely simple. Basically all repairs on guitars that have to do with the electronics or hardware are easy.. I normally stay away from body issues for the most part.
Gold: 4,883.80
Oct 1 2009 12:17pm
My guess, he read that and cried lol.

It's not that difficult, you'll be fine :D
Gold: 19,597.59
Oct 1 2009 02:32pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Wed, Sep 30 2009, 03:27pm)
How close do you sit to your amp when you play? I noticed that my amp buzzes if I play right next to it, so try sitting further away, or get a much longer cable and sit on the other side of the room.

If this fails, then hit it with a hammer.

have you tried that lately? i would bet it was due to interference from UHF waves, which are almost non-existant now thanks to DTV. (the waves were reflecting off of you -no your pickups wont pick it up)
Gold: 1,299.00
Oct 2 2009 07:52am
Hey man, try checking around what all you have plugged into the power outlet that your amp is plugged in, this could be a cause because there is a lack of power. Next check your cables to make sure they're not crossing or loose at the jack ends. After all that plug in and see what happens, it isn't your guitar or amp so it has to be one of these things or the pedal that your using. Lmk if this works. I'm thinking that it is one of your cables, and the reason it doesn't stop when you mute the strings is because there evidentally isn't a niose gate on the pedal. Gl, should not be anything major.
Gold: 16,417.00
Oct 2 2009 09:18am
Quote (13375 @ Fri, 2 Oct 2009, 06:52)
Hey man, try checking around what all you have plugged into the power outlet that your amp is plugged in, this could be a cause because there is a lack of power. Next check your cables to make sure they're not crossing or loose at the jack ends. After all that plug in and see what happens, it isn't your guitar or amp so it has to be one of these things or the pedal that your using. Lmk if this works. I'm thinking that it is one of your cables, and the reason it doesn't stop when you mute the strings is because  there evidentally isn't a niose gate on the pedal. Gl, should not be anything major.

im not using any pedals for the moment, but idk why it suddenly stopped, i moved a few calbles and its really much better, also i noticed that when my mom is using the vacuum, i hear that fucking vacuum in my amp, its annoying but heh, what can i do ^^
Gold: 782.01
Oct 2 2009 03:56pm
I would try sitting farther away from it, turning off devices plugged in around it, or turning off stuff plugged INTO it. I have a wah pedal that actually picks up radio stations when I have it turned on and my guitar is sitting idle, haha.
Gold: 19,597.59
Oct 2 2009 07:05pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Thu, Oct 1 2009, 03:32pm)
have you tried that lately? i would bet it was due to interference from UHF waves, which are almost non-existant now thanks to DTV. (the waves were reflecting off of you -no your pickups wont pick it up)

actually screw that what was i thinking. magnetic field from amp was causing your interference, i am almost positive.

i guess i posted that cos a buddies distortion pedal (modded, he switched a diode for no apparent reason) used to pick up am radio. was damn annoying at band practice, but we sucked anyways.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 2 2009 07:47pm
Quote (icp_1 @ Wed, Sep 30 2009, 06:23pm)
the buzz kinda disapear when i put my hand on the strings

That's just too much gain and just plain guitar noise.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll