d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Genre Discussion
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 26 2009 01:44am
Quote (Kazz_Lazz @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 03:51am)
now myself i prefer more metal, and heavier stuff. Noe someone is going to come in here and call me emo or goth etc, but metal suits my life style, i listen to it at the gym because it gets me pumped up, and in general i enjoy more heavier music. Dont get me wrong i do listen to rap and hiphop etc, but my fav style of music is metal. although some people think screaming sound terrible, to actually produce a quality scream is one of the hardest things to do in the vocal section of music.  now someone is going to say no good singers are better because they hit notes on key etc. Yes that takes skill but screaming also takes skill, to get your vocal chords to vibrate right, to hold the scream and to keep the scream in tone is very tricky.

anyways in the end im a metal fan myself

You DO know you're in a musician forum right? Most of us are guitarists and listen to metal.

Gold: 15.00
Jun 26 2009 03:36am
Quote (weasleface @ Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 06:33)
one is me
i dont like rap because of its dumb lyrics
lyrics with no purpose
lyrics that are complelety retarded
alot of rap songs are just about sex and drugs and women
just because of too many rap songs iv listened to and it just ruins the entire genre of music
which is rly terrible
even when i hear christian rap i just feel like its not getting to me and it sounds like any other rap like it
so every time i hear a rap song all i hear is crap in my ears

i look for purpose in music
music that have a leason in it
or a teaching
or something to tell

thats why i dont like rap

There is a meaning in most songs, even rap songs. If you listen to the first song I posted in my first post and if you listen to the lyrics real carefully you will see the point.

Quote (Reversion2 @ Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 03:29)
Lil' Wayne is a faggot.

You want good rap/hip hop... Look at the oldies.

N.W.A., Big L, Biggie, Pace, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Army Of The Pharaohs, Jedi Mind Tricks, Black Star, Gangstarr, Cypress Hill...

Get off of Wayne's dick, he's lyrically incompatible of making a good song. He's honestly a fucking terrible emcee... He tried his hand at rap and he sucked
and the fucking kids ate it up. Get off of his dick and listen to some better music.

Now tell me then WHY he is a faggot ? Do you have a good reason ? I don´t want to see that you write "He sucks ass" as a good reason. I mentioned Lil Wayne for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that was because he mixed rock and rap. I haven´t said he is one of the best rappers in all time or anything like it. I can say that the artists you mentioned above are better then him.

This post was edited by SnobbenSwe on Jun 26 2009 03:36am
Gold: 1.04
Jun 26 2009 06:27am
Quote (weasleface @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 04:33am)
one is me
i dont like rap because of its dumb lyrics
lyrics with no purpose
lyrics that are complelety retarded
alot of rap songs are just about sex and drugs and women
just because of too many rap songs iv listened to and it just ruins the entire genre of music
which is rly terrible
even when i hear christian rap i just feel like its not getting to me and it sounds like any other rap like it
so every time i hear a rap song all i hear is crap in my ears

i look for purpose in music
music that have a leason in it
or a teaching
or something to tell

thats why i dont like rap

Lol I'm sorry, Metal/Rock doesn't always have meaningful lyrics, you're just listening to the wrong rap songs... but anyways

on topic (kinda?)
I can't say I like too many old rappers, except Naz / Tupac (I just never grew up listening to them) -- but Lil' Wayne...uhh, his lyrics suck and he uses auto tune 24/7 cuz he can't even rap on pitch. My favs are Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, not saying they always have the most meaningful of lyrics, but its usually really creative.

I'll listen to a bit of everything, except screamo metal...yea yea screaming takes practice / is hard / can't prove its not music / blah blahl...I just don't like screaming -- imho it sounds really stupid and whiny. I like more Red Hot Chili, Spoon, Murder By Death kinda rock.
Gold: 15.00
Jun 26 2009 10:23am
Quote (BovineDesi @ Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 14:27)
Lol I'm sorry, Metal/Rock doesn't always have meaningful lyrics, you're just listening to the wrong rap songs... but anyways

on topic (kinda?)
I can't say I like too many old rappers, except Naz / Tupac (I just never grew up listening to them) -- but Lil' Wayne...uhh, his lyrics suck and he uses auto tune 24/7 cuz he can't even rap on pitch. My favs are Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, not saying they always have the most meaningful of lyrics, but its usually really creative.

I'll listen to a bit of everything, except screamo metal...yea yea screaming takes practice / is hard / can't prove its not music / blah blahl...I just don't like screaming -- imho it sounds really stupid and whiny. I like more Red Hot Chili, Spoon, Murder By Death kinda rock.

Yeah he does use auto tune but still he wasn´t an example of a good rapper. If I would pick a good rapper I would pick Tupac or T.I maybe but Lil Wayne was the example for mixing rock AND rap so please read the first post again.
Gold: 7,065.69
Jun 26 2009 10:40am
i like pretty much all music that have proper instruments with talented musicians^^

i dont like rap because i dont feel it takes that much skill
ofc to be the best and freestyle it does, but to learn lyrics and speak them just doesnt seem that hard^^
Jun 26 2009 10:48am
Quote (hellohal @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 04:40pm)
i like pretty much all music that have proper instruments with talented musicians^^

i dont like rap because i dont feel it takes that much skill
ofc to be the best and freestyle it does, but to learn lyrics and speak them just doesnt seem that hard^^

uh...theres also the part where you have to come up with the lyrics first. but either way, thinking it doesn't take much talent isn't a reason to dislike the genre -- whether it sounds good or not (ofc to you) is why you should or shouldn't like it.. =\
Jun 27 2009 04:50pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 08:27am)

on topic (kinda?)

i wasn't saying metal/rock lyrics all are meaningful
but i like to listen to the meaningful type
rap has just been ruined for me by all the songs iv heard lol
even if it has a good purpose and meaning it doesnt feel right to me
guess its all those dumb rap songs
Jun 27 2009 05:04pm
Quote (weasleface @ Sat, Jun 27 2009, 10:50pm)
i wasn't saying metal/rock lyrics all are meaningful
but i like to listen to the meaningful type
rap has just been ruined for me by all the songs iv heard lol
even if it has a good purpose and meaning it doesnt feel right to me
guess its all those dumb rap songs

eh i have to agree with you on that one, there are enough of those out there to cover up the really good rap songs.
Jun 27 2009 05:23pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Sat, Jun 27 2009, 07:04pm)
eh i have to agree with you on that one, there are enough of those out there to cover up the really good rap songs.

exactly
Jun 27 2009 07:40pm
Quote (SnobbenSwe @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 09:36am)
Now tell me then WHY he is a faggot ? Do you have a good reason ? I don´t want to see that you write "He sucks ass" as a good reason. I mentioned Lil Wayne for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that was because he mixed rock and rap. I haven´t said he is one of the best rappers in all time or anything like it. I can say that the artists you mentioned above are better then him.

Limp Bizkit, Crypress Hill ETC also mixed rock and rap, cept for that day and age the were good. Lil' Wayne sounds just like everything else you hear on
MTV and Much Music - SHIT. I have no respect for someone like him. Auto Tune aside, his lyrics are terrible and his flow is absolutely horrible. I've heard
better flow from a womans vagina when it's on it's rag. Lil' Wayne might be good to you, but to everyone who isn't into that fad, "gotta listen to the shit
that makes me feel like i'm a G'", we think it's shit. Also, 99% of the people bumping rap in their ride's, talking about the streets and shit haven't even lived
that life. They live in their little 500,000 dollar suburban homes driving a newer car and living the fucking life. THAT's why I don't like half the shit you see
on MTV and Much Music, cause it tells little faggoty teenagers that it's cool to act like you're hard and not actual be.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll