d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Looking For Advice On Sound Effect Pedals
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,795.10
May 6 2009 11:02pm
personally, im a big fan of digitech. though most of their pedals are standard sounds. i would get a full size board by digitech, where you can digitally edit all the sound layers individually. you might look at this here : http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/Electro_Harmonix_Micro_Synthesizer_p/eh-micsynth.htm

though if you really want a nice sounding array of pedals, you want to just get individual stomp boxes. then you can get the best of every pedal. if i was to recommend any pedal in particular, i would get either a rotosphere, or an envelope filter.

Quote (sublime96 @ Wed, 6 May 2009, 22:11)
if you care about tone you'd understand that the rp250 or w/e is a peice of shit. that's basically everyone's first pedal, it was mine at least, and if i tried to use it now i'd end up throwing it against the wall. everything sounds way too digital on those things. i jam with all kinds of people, but when someone whips one of those out i pretty much know the story.

i disagree, i use an RP80 and i love it. infact, it doesnt sound digital at all, it gives me a vintage sound that i cant find with any other pedals i've used before
Gold: 0.00
May 7 2009 12:11am
I love my BOSS pedals! :(
Gold: 0.00
May 7 2009 01:21pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Wed, May 6 2009, 10:11pm)
if you care about tone you'd understand that the rp250 or w/e is a peice of shit. that's basically everyone's first pedal, it was mine at least, and if i tried to use it now i'd end up throwing it against the wall. everything sounds way too digital on those things. i jam with all kinds of people, but when someone whips one of those out i pretty much know the story.

dude i care more about tone than u know, and i get some godly sounds out of it. so dont lecture me about tone, im not like those nubs on youtube that make shitty cover videos

Quote (Toothfariy @ Wed, May 6 2009, 11:02pm)
personally, im a big fan of digitech. though most of their pedals are standard sounds. i would get a full size board by digitech, where you can digitally edit all the sound layers individually. you might look at this here : http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/Electro_Harmonix_Micro_Synthesizer_p/eh-micsynth.htm

though if you really want a nice sounding array of pedals, you want to just get individual stomp boxes. then you can get the best of every pedal. if i was to recommend any pedal in particular, i would get either a rotosphere, or an envelope filter.

i disagree, i use an RP80 and i love it. infact, it doesnt sound digital at all, it gives me a vintage sound that i cant find with any other pedals i've used before

yea digitech makes nice stuff, i used my rp80 untill it wore out and stopped working, then i upgraded to the 250, and it has everything that those over priced individual stomp boxes have, but the point is, im lookin for some crazy sound effect pedal i haerd line 6 might have somethin like that

im lookin at the line 6 fm4 pedal, does anyone know anythin about this one? it sounds cool

This post was edited by elitepie on May 7 2009 01:27pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll