d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Check Out Andy Mckee > Best Guitar Palyer Imo
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.04
May 3 2009 07:34pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Mon, May 4 2009, 01:05am)
I dunno I find Mckee's melodies to be more advanced then Emmanuel, my opinion of course.

Well not sure what you mean by advanced, but Emmanuel's compositions aren't really all that simple either. Hes a little more old fashioned (okay maybe a lot more), and doesn't do tapping / using harp-guitars like Mckee does sometimes but he does have a really wide range of techniques. Anyways, I'm not really here to pit Emmanuel against Mckee since they're both really freaking amazing musicians, but Emmanuel just has the advantage of time.

Btw, listen to Ivory Coast which was composed by Don Ross but Mckee and him played it together and personally its my favorite song out of all of em :P
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2009 07:45pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Mon, May 4 2009, 01:34am)
Well not sure what you mean by advanced, but Emmanuel's compositions aren't really all that simple either. Hes a little more old fashioned (okay maybe a lot more), and doesn't do tapping / using harp-guitars like Mckee does sometimes but he does have a really wide range of techniques. Anyways, I'm not really here to pit Emmanuel against Mckee since they're both really freaking amazing musicians, but Emmanuel just has the advantage of time.

Btw, listen to Ivory Coast which was composed by Don Ross but Mckee and him played it together and personally its my favorite song out of all of em :P

Yeah sorry I guess advanced is a terrible word for what I was trying to say lol!
I meant I think melody wise (the thing I love in music) that Andy Mckee can just
write that side of music better. Emmanuel is very skillful without a doubt I agree.
I'm just a huge fan of complex melodies and "bass lines" being played by one person
simultaneously at one time. I dunno I agree though their both extremely talented
guitarists with two different styles of playing. And are both amazing in their own respect.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll