d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > What Do You Think About Jackson Guitars?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Apr 7 2009 12:03am
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 09:17am)
Me either. Thin tone = epic do not want. Which is why you rip them out, sell them on eeebay, and put some duncans in there.

do you think I use single coils. No freaking way, nothing beats the tone of a EMG 81. Although man seriously the Seymour Duncan Invader, and Gibson Dirty Fingers (very similiar) are both wicked passive humbuckers. I actually started playing metal on a Fender Tom Delonge Strat, dont laugh, , which is the body of my current fender, although I changed out everything but the body itself, all electronics had to be upgraded, pickups, pickguard, everything, the only thing that took some considerable work was working in the floyd rose with the string thru body, but i got it worked out. The neck is everybodys favorite, nothing looks more badass than a fender neck with a reverse 70's headstock.
Gold: 3,032.85
Apr 7 2009 11:48am
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Mon, Apr 6 2009, 10:03pm)
do you think I use single coils.  No freaking way, nothing beats the tone of a EMG 81.  Although man seriously the Seymour Duncan Invader, and Gibson Dirty Fingers (very similiar) are both wicked passive humbuckers. I actually started playing metal on a Fender Tom Delonge Strat, dont laugh, , which is the body of my current fender, although I changed out everything but the body itself, all electronics had to be upgraded, pickups, pickguard, everything, the only thing that took some considerable work was working in the floyd rose with the string thru body, but i got it worked out.  The neck is everybodys favorite, nothing looks more badass than a fender neck with a reverse 70's headstock.

eww emgs..
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 7 2009 11:49am
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Tue, Apr 7 2009, 02:03am)
nothing beats the tone of a EMG 81. Although man seriously the Seymour Duncan Invader, and Gibson Dirty Fingers (very similiar) are both wicked passive humbuckers. I actually started playing metal on a Fender Tom Delonge Strat, dont laugh, , which is the body of my current fender, although I changed out everything but the body itself, all electronics had to be upgraded, pickups, pickguard, everything, the only thing that took some considerable work was working in the floyd rose with the string thru body, but i got it worked out. The neck is everybodys favorite, nothing looks more badass than a fender neck with a reverse 70's headstock.

I'm not sure if you mean tone or output, but either way you're wrong. EMG's - the 81 especially - have notoriously bad tone. Sure, the output is respectable, but it's really just a poorly wound pickup with an internal preamp. Duncan blackouts have stronger output, and a better tonal response. Passive duncan pickups will have a much fatter tone than any EMG pickup, HZs included. Bareknuckle or Swineshead pickups are also good alternatives which beat EMG's to hell.

Wicked passive humbuckers don't exist. They're either active, which means they are internally amplified, or they aren't. If there is no 9 volt battery in your pickup cavity, your pickups are passive. That doesn't mean that they're weak. It just means that there is no preamp built in to the wiring.

Additionally, the entire section in italics is one enormous run-on sentence. Also Fender necks have a reputation for being chunky, and are certainly not everyone's favorite.
Gold: 44.25
Apr 7 2009 02:48pm
My guitarist plays a Jackson USA Soloist, made in Japan. It has a blue body, pearl shark-fin inlays on the neck, tremolo, whammy bar, 2x hum bucking pickups, and a sustaniac built in (though he's a douche and never replaces him 9v battery for it). He plays through a B-52 AT-100. The power tubes have been replaced with 4 Electro Harmonics: 4's I think. His sound is monster. It's beefy when we need chuggy rhymes, it's bright when we need open chords, and the lead sounds great. He uses DR 9's for strings.

Our recordings are bad quality (at home with a few SM57's) but here's a shameless plug for my band:

www.myspace.com/punkeoerock
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2009 05:05pm
Quote (Ghost_Smoke @ Tue, Apr 7 2009, 03:48pm)
My guitarist plays a Jackson USA Soloist, made in Japan. It has a blue body, pearl shark-fin inlays on the neck, tremolo, whammy bar, 2x hum bucking pickups, and a sustaniac built in (though he's a douche and never replaces him 9v battery for it). He plays through a B-52 AT-100. The power tubes have been replaced with 4 Electro Harmonics: 4's I think. His sound is monster. It's beefy when we need chuggy rhymes, it's bright when we need open chords, and the lead sounds great. He uses DR 9's for strings.

Our recordings are bad quality (at home with a few SM57's) but here's a shameless plug for my band:

www.myspace.com/punkeoerock

Jackons are very good quality guitars and I like the sound of most of them, but the feel just isn't there for me..I'm more of a Gibson guy.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2009 01:42pm
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 00:49)
I do indeed like Jacksons, good quality guitars for their money. Ibanez really screws you on their lower end guitars.

I know... I have an Ibanez GAX30... lol...

It's time for me to upgrade... 75fg for a guitar! XD
Gold: 1.11
Apr 9 2009 03:36pm
Jackson Is Nice,

Some Of 'Em With The Realy Messed Up Shapes Suck
Gold: 15.50
Apr 9 2009 05:37pm
I own a Jackson Kelly and it has a really cool sound (pretty metal) and i love it
Gold: 4,883.80
Apr 10 2009 01:41am
Quote (Heafy1 @ Thu, 9 Apr 2009, 23:37)
I own a Jackson Kelly and it has a really cool sound (pretty metal) and i love it

I've never heard anyone badmouth them if i'm honest. Have you got the Explorer looking one, or the normal?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll