d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Gibson Difference. > What's The Difference Between...
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,496.00
Apr 4 2009 05:36pm
I love my Gibson, and did not buy it because of the brand either ( Gibson Vegas, haven't ever seen one of those played by someone else ).
It just fitted my image of a semi-acoustic guitar in a normal e-guitar shape perfectly, and Ifell in love with it's sound too.

Don't know if the really expensive LP's are worth their price tho..
Gold: 4,883.80
Apr 5 2009 08:14am
Quote (SweatingBullets @ Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 21:23)
Little bitch? I'd break your neck you gay emo.

LOL!! Kid, calm your rage and talk about guitars

Quote (aokmaster15 @ Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 23:25)
Well I dont consider epiphones part of any gibson line so, just cuz its owned by gibson does not mean it is a gibson.

Epiphone is a sister company of Gibson. However, i agree, just because they are the same corp does not mean they are the same guitars. Epiphone will always be the not as good version of Gibson

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Apr 5 2009 08:15am
Gold: 3.00
Apr 5 2009 09:10am
Quote (ZaftigFetus @ Sat, Apr 4 2009, 04:36pm)
I love my Gibson, and did not buy it because of the brand either ( Gibson Vegas, haven't ever seen one of those played by someone else ).
It just fitted my image of a semi-acoustic guitar in a normal e-guitar shape perfectly, and Ifell in love with it's sound too.

Don't know if the really expensive LP's are worth their price tho..

I meant that Gibson sees itself as better than everyone else, so their price is quite higher for the same quality that you can find elsewhere, you know? Gibson makes some fine guitars, most definitely, but I just think you can get better for the money.

I've never played a Gibson Vegas before, haven't seen one @ guitar center either. Ultra kvlt, no? :P
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2009 11:35am
The faded don't sound nearly as good.
I had a faded explorer.
Gold: 19,597.59
Apr 5 2009 12:56pm
Quote (SweatingBullets @ Sat, Apr 4 2009, 04:23pm)
Little bitch? I'd break your neck you gay emo.

point taken: excessive metallica causes brain damage.

Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 10:10am)
I meant that Gibson sees itself as better than everyone else, so their price is quite higher for the same quality that you can find elsewhere, you know? Gibson makes some fine guitars, most definitely, but I just think you can get better for the money.

I've never played a Gibson Vegas before, haven't seen one @ guitar center either. Ultra kvlt, no? :P

well the thing is they sell alot of guitars at those prices. so why would they quit? fender sells more guitars, but at much lower cost and a bolt on neck. i agree there are other options when looking into electrics. fender, gibson, PRS are over-rated for the price)

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Apr 5 2009 12:56pm
Gold: 782.01
Apr 5 2009 02:38pm
Gibson is my favorite brand. Yeah, they're probably overpriced, but I bought 1959 Gibson Les Paul Re-Issue last year ($5300 with tax) and I think it was worth every penny because my guitar is absolutely perfect.

Then again, some of their stuff is iffy because I played about 10 different models of the guitar I ended up buying and each of them was drastically different even though they were the same model.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2009 04:37pm
that's the way it is with just about every brand though. some play better than others, but usually it's just due to terrible setups by lazy workers. i've played many an epiphone or squier with a great feel to them, but the quality of the parts isn't there. i wanna get a gibson someday, when i hit the lottery.
Gold: 4,883.80
Apr 5 2009 04:38pm
Quote (Gryph @ Sun, 5 Apr 2009, 20:38)
Gibson is my favorite brand. Yeah, they're probably overpriced, but I bought 1959 Gibson Les Paul Re-Issue last year ($5300 with tax) and I think it was worth every penny because my guitar is absolutely perfect.

Then again, some of their stuff is iffy because I played about 10 different models of the guitar I ended up buying and each of them was drastically different even though they were the same model.

I do envy your guitar. I have a Gibson SG at the moment, fucking love it. But, i need to stop using Zakk Wylde 50's on them because it's actually pulling my guitar out of action when it's in standard xD My bad, i really liked drop C for a while
Gold: 1.00
Apr 5 2009 06:23pm
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 11:10am)

This is true. Gibsons are extremely high-quality guitars, and very overpriced as well.
Basically, if you buy a Gibson, you'll know you're getting a good guitar, but you can get a just as good-quality guitar for a LOT cheaper elsewhere.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll