d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Help > Electric Guitar
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,496.00
Mar 2 2009 01:42pm
Quote (ZaftigFetus @ Mon, Mar 2 2009, 06:42pm)
!!!

A guitar is something very personal... it's like it lets you soul sing wink.gif Something a not-guitarrist would never understand.

Imo a car is just a box with a motor with wheels.. I could never "bind" myself to a car, like I do it with my guitar. Of course this is a relative matter..

*your -.- damn
Gold: 0.85
Mar 2 2009 01:47pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Mon, Mar 2 2009, 02:05pm)
mexican made fender tele or strat is just about in that range, and totally worth it. or you could just save up and get a really good guitar, which would make more sense.

Please send me links because I haven't found any tele or strat in that price range.
Gold: 4,883.80
Mar 2 2009 06:21pm
Quote (ZaftigFetus @ Mon, 2 Mar 2009, 18:42)
!!!

A guitar is something very personal... it's like it lets you soul sing wink.gif Something a not-guitarrist would never understand.

Imo a car is just a box with a motor with wheels.. I could never "bind" myself to a car, like I do it with my guitar. Of course this is a relative matter..

Ignore him lol. Check my profile to sum up his entire life in 1 quote
Gold: 65.00
Mar 2 2009 06:26pm
No offense, but around that range, it won't really make much of a difference in terms of sound. You won't be able to get the quality wood or pickups to make a noticeable change. What you should do, really, is go by looks (I hate myself for saying that, by the way) and more importantly, action. Go into GuitarCenter (don't buy from them) or Sam Ash and pluck around on a few models. Once you find one you like, go online and buy online, since it's manufacturer direct almost (no one's opened the box, at least). My favorites have to be either an epiphone or an ibanez. They both have really great action, very nice sound (as comparable to the other models in the price range), generally look pretty good, and I know most ibanez guitars have a shallow neck (which is good for people who are either just learning, or have tiny hands like myself =P).
Gold: 0.85
Mar 3 2009 09:57pm
Quote (Phreke @ Mon, Mar 2 2009, 07:26pm)
No offense, but around that range, it won't really make much of a difference in terms of sound. You won't be able to get the quality wood or pickups to make a noticeable change. What you should do, really, is go by looks (I hate myself for saying that, by the way) and more importantly, action. Go into GuitarCenter (don't buy from them) or Sam Ash and pluck around on a few models. Once you find one you like, go online and buy online, since it's manufacturer direct almost (no one's opened the box, at least). My favorites have to be either an epiphone or an ibanez. They both have really great action, very nice sound (as comparable to the other models in the price range), generally look pretty good, and I know most ibanez guitars have a shallow neck (which is good for people who are either just learning, or have tiny hands like myself =P).

Thanks, for the help.
Gold: 3.00
Mar 3 2009 11:43pm
Quote (ZaftigFetus @ Mon, Mar 2 2009, 10:42am)
!!!

Wow, couldn't have said it better any other way. My guitars are like an extention of my being, when I'm playing they are a part of me heart.gif
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll