d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Check My Friend Out
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.57
Feb 21 2009 10:37pm
Quote (onepagememory @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 11:49pm)
Volcom92skate's PM to me on Sat, Feb 21 2009: "hey u said he has horrible technique...hes prolly 100x better then you...post up faggot"

zz scrub get older then you can TRY to argue. This is something you obviously don't know about. Stop trying to defend your shitty friend.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo240/PoeticHate/kk.jpg

Left: Classical Right: Regular/Flamenco

His thumb sticks out unnecessarily because of improper technique, thus making his left hand very inefficient:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIDlQtJ3J0

He should play like this kid.

Additional tips:

1) Kid has horrible posture; he'll end up like our little friend from Notre Dame.
2) The angle of his left hand, because of the above & improper practice, is too twisted, unnatural, & thus inefficient.
3) Right arm & wrist angles are sorta weak because of posture, so he'll be a little slower, but they don't make much of a difference in electric guitar anyway.
4) Shoulders make it seem like he gets tired. Play right or don't play at all.

Of course you'll start whining on how "he's playing on a bed" etc. So? I can play on my bed, electric guitar or flamenco or classical, & still follow proper technique. So can my students.

Of course you'll ask: "PROOF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE I'M 15 AND TOO STUPID TO REALIZE THAT WHAT YOU'RE WRITING IS TRUE BECAUSE YOU'RE A MUSIC GRAD, SPECIALIZED IN GUITAR, AND HAVE TAUGHT OVER 60 STUDENTS IN PRIVATE LESSONS AT THE UNIVERSITY LEVEL." Which is what I want, because I'd definitely go out of my way and record a low-quality video and post it on youtube just so that you tell yourself: "I don't care," despite the fact that you'll cry that night because you got owned by a "jsp rando."

"omg e rage moar?" - geek :\

you're being too harsh on him, lol... he's only 15 ,most kids that age can only play tabs of songs they like from Guitar Hero.

it's likely not his fault about improper technique, hell I had terrible posture and positioning when I was younger, and my teacher never even told me...
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Feb 21 2009 11:25pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 12:37am)
you're being too harsh on him, lol... he's only 15 ,most kids that age can only play tabs of songs they like from Guitar Hero.

it's likely not his fault about improper technique, hell I had terrible posture and positioning when I was younger, and my teacher never even told me...

nobody taught him how to play guitar but himself...and if you heard his other shit its 100x better then that...idk why he did blues cause he barley plays it
Gold: 8,653.74
Feb 21 2009 11:50pm
Quote (volcom92skate @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 08:47pm)
hes on a couch and he doesnt play that fuckin shit you posted...that kid is the worst i have ever seen..lets see you play

Quote (volcom92skate @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 10:25pm)
nobody taught him how to play guitar but himself...and if you heard his other shit its 100x better then that...idk why he did blues cause he barley plays it

what is it with you and your 100x intervals.
"he's on a couch...lets see you play." Told you so. ^^ Do expect a video as soon as mid terms are over. By the way, by saying "he doesn't play that fuckin shit you posted," you just showed your sheer ignorance in guitar playing. Give up bud, you failed.

This post was edited by onepagememory on Feb 21 2009 11:52pm
Warn: 40%
Feb 22 2009 12:01am
Quote (onepagememory @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 01:50am)
what is it with you and your 100x intervals.
"he's on a couch...lets see you play." Told you so. ^^ Do expect a video as soon as mid terms are over. By the way, by saying "he doesn't play that fuckin shit you posted," you just showed your sheer ignorance in guitar playing. Give up bud, you failed.

ur still a pussy...i dont play guitar so idk alot about it...but i do know hes better then you
Warn: 10%
Feb 22 2009 12:19am
he's alright, at least he's playing blues. it's good to see a kid who i'm sure is surrounded by shreddy metal kids in school and what not playing a genre of music that is all about complete feeling and emotion. he could use some work on his shit, but the tone is pretty good. needs to get rid of that delay though ha

oh and who the fuck cares about his form or technique of holding/playing the guitar really. that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

This post was edited by sublime96 on Feb 22 2009 12:20am
Gold: 3,032.85
Feb 22 2009 12:23am
Quote (sublime96 @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 10:19pm)
he's alright, at least he's playing blues. it's good to see a kid who i'm sure is surrounded by shreddy metal kids in school and what not playing a genre of music that is all about complete feeling and emotion. he could use some work on his shit, but the tone is pretty good. needs to get rid of that delay though ha

oh and who the fuck cares about his form or technique of holding/playing the guitar really. that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

Uhhh,

I think onepagememory is a faggot but he is right, his posture and techique are ugly.
Feb 22 2009 12:38am
who cares man. "proper" technique may better his playing, but you have to be comfortable while playing and if that's the way he's comfortable, then let him go. especially when it comes to the blues. as long as the person gets what they want out of their guitar, it wouldn't matter if they were playing with their asscheeks as long as that's what was easiest for them. take t-bone for example. does this look like proper form? no, but it rips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xvx0UHa0A
Gold: 8,653.74
Feb 22 2009 08:08am
Quote (volcom92skate @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 11:01pm)
ur still a pussy...i dont play guitar so idk alot about it...but i do know hes better then you

Quote (AlbinoBlackMan @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 11:23pm)
Uhhh,

I think onepagememory is a faggot but he is right, his posture and techique are ugly.

Quote (sublime96 @ Sat, Feb 21 2009, 11:38pm)
who cares man. "proper" technique may better his playing, but you have to be comfortable while playing and if that's the way he's comfortable, then let him go. especially when it comes to the blues. as long as the person gets what they want out of their guitar, it wouldn't matter if they were playing with their asscheeks as long as that's what was easiest for them. take t-bone for example. does this look like proper form? no, but it rips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xvx0UHa0A

1) "you're still a pussy." Cry less kid, you got bashed and you're being 15 by still saying he's better than me like one would say "OMG MY DAD CAN KICK YOUR DAD'S ASS" without proof.

2) <3 even if calling me a faggot lets you sleep at night, stupid wub.gif

3) 'proper' technique makes sure you don't get joint & bone diseases, your back isn't hurt, and is much easier to play than improper technique; the difference lies in being acclimated to a strict position. For example, I can practice for six hours and only have to have about three breaks. The way he's playing, this kid can't do two hours
Note that i'm not saying he's bat at playing. Kid must have practiced alot. I'm only saying his technique is bad.

Idiots like #1 can't read, can't play, so letting them comment on this subforum really shouldn't be allowed.

This post was edited by onepagememory on Feb 22 2009 08:18am
Feb 22 2009 12:16pm
Feb 22 2009 04:14pm
guy smokes cigarettes though, so he must be cool. failed pic
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll