d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar Players!
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,435.00
Oct 4 2008 09:55am
Quote (Darkshade @ Fri, Oct 3 2008, 11:50pm)
Wasn't hating too.

And I know it's not all about the solos, but I just feel that's the only parts worth uploading.

I didn't mean that kind of "Doesn't sound good". I meant like it feels too empty, there's no atmosphere whatsoever, there's no context in which you're playing the solo, hope you understand what I mean.

Yeah. I know what you mean. However it does depend on the song. biggrin.gif Some of them are worth listening to one part only and never sounds empty... like... you get to hear all the nuances of the song, all of the little stuff you can't hear with background music. But yeah... I agree with you on that part. happy.gif

Quote (sublime96 @ Sat, Oct 4 2008, 11:24am)
yea originals are the way to go. i can't stand learning cover songs, makes me feel generic. i have recordings but they're done on my cell phone, so=fail.

Well man... generic or not, when you're still new at guitar, covering is the way to go. You can't just pick up a guitar and start playing awesome stuff... nor even a little riff. You have to start somewhere and I prefer covering over "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Otherwise, when you gather up enough experience, THEN you should start writing/playing your own stuff... and it's always fun to do an homage to some of the older bands. cool.gif tongue.gif Unless your anti-band and all that... o_o which I'd consider very odd.

This post was edited by Magnak on Oct 4 2008 09:56am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 4 2008 10:00am
what i did was just learn little bits of riffs that i thought really cool and i tweaked them and added them in with other shit i'd write. i'm by no means anti band lol, i listen to more music than one probably should in fact. i've of course learned songs that i really wanted to learn, but for the most part everything i play is my own. sometimes when i play at a party people can't really grasp that hah. fuck them
Gold: 3,435.00
Oct 4 2008 10:04am
Quote (sublime96 @ Sat, Oct 4 2008, 12:00pm)
what i did was just learn little bits of riffs that i thought really cool and i tweaked them and added them in with other shit i'd write. i'm by no means anti band lol, i listen to more music than one probably should in fact. i've of course learned songs that i really wanted to learn, but for the most part everything i play is my own. sometimes when i play at a party people can't really grasp that hah. fuck them

Yeah... then I guess you see things like I do... start with covering... then start your own stuff and play songs that you love. XD
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll