d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Quick Help Needed > What Guitar Should I Get?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 655.00
Aug 25 2008 01:59pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Mon, Aug 25 2008, 03:51pm)
Get a strat. Spend more than a couple hundred if you want a nice guitar though.

wat's so good about a strat?
is therea nice one for 400?
Gold: 220.00
Aug 25 2008 02:44pm
You want a real answer?

You will still be dissapointed with another cheap guitar. You said you saved up 500 bucks for a new guitar but you only want to spend 2-300? Why? If you want to keep your money then dont buy a guitar yet. It will not be that much better. You will be much more satisfied waiting maybe till christmas and telling your dad something along the lines of "Hey dad for christmas will you, if i put in (200-300 bucks) will you pay the difference for this guitar". Yes i know this doesnt always work but its a good idea. Tell him that buying a cheap guitar is not good and that until you get to the intermediate guitars it wont really be of any use to spend 200 here and then when you want another one you spend 400 more, so 600 in total for one shitty guitar and one decent guitar when you could have waited and spent 600 to have one good guitar that you love.

This post was edited by aokmaster15 on Aug 25 2008 02:45pm
Aug 25 2008 04:28pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Mon, Aug 25 2008, 04:44pm)
You want a real answer?

You will still be dissapointed with another cheap guitar. You said you saved up 500 bucks for a new guitar but you only want to spend 2-300? Why? If you want to keep your money then dont buy a guitar yet. It will not be that much better. You will be much more satisfied waiting maybe till christmas and telling your dad something along the lines of "Hey dad for christmas will you, if i put in (200-300 bucks) will you pay the difference for this guitar". Yes i know this doesnt always work but its a good idea. Tell him that buying a cheap guitar is not good and that until you get to the intermediate guitars it wont really be of any use to spend 200 here and then when you want another one you spend 400 more, so 600 in total for one shitty guitar and one decent guitar when you could have waited and spent 600 to have one good guitar that you love.

i see where ur coming from... but i dont get christmas presents or any of that shit.
we are catholic so we just eat and whatever but no one gets anyone gifts.
ive only gotten christmas presents once in my life from my mom which was a gameboy advanced sp with 3 games an this was 4 years ago.
but trust me, any guitar is better than the shit stiock im using now.
even if i bought a cheap epiphone for 400-500 dollars, i'd be satisfied because atleast the sound come sout and shit.
there's no such thing as christmas at my house
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Aug 25 2008 05:02pm
Jackson makes excellent guitars, especially if you lean more towards a heavier sound.
Aug 25 2008 06:36pm
Quote (ClanBK @ Mon, Aug 25 2008, 07:02pm)
Jackson makes excellent guitars, especially if you lean more towards a heavier sound.

i saw an Ibanez today for 579 that i really liked!
im planning on buying it!
so yeah... tell me what u gyus think
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Aug 25 2008 07:02pm
www.rondomusic.com

Imo, these guitars are very nice for the price they're selling for. If you look into the listings you'll find a brand called "Agile". Agile guitars, however a japanese-made knock off of american companies, are very good for the price. Getting a cheap guitar from this site, and playing the shit out of it until you feel you have enough money saved up to get better pickups for it will make you one hell of a guitar for less than 1/2 the price of the models they're derived from. Take it from me, I've been playing guitar for around 5 or so years and i've played and own some very, very good instruments, that these are unbeatable for the price. I don't own one of these per say, but i intend to get one as my next guitar (need a new car atm -.-.) I've played a few of these, and they're very nice guitars. Alot of people are uncomfortable with the name of these guitars, as they're not very well-known or used, but it's more than worth it.
Aug 25 2008 07:18pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Mon, Aug 25 2008, 09:02pm)
www.rondomusic.com

Imo, these guitars are very nice for the price they're selling for. If you look into the listings you'll find a brand called "Agile". Agile guitars, however a japanese-made knock off of american companies, are very good for the price. Getting a cheap guitar from this site, and playing the shit out of it until you feel you have enough money saved up to get better pickups for it will make you one hell of a guitar for less than 1/2 the price of the models they're derived from. Take it from me, I've been playing guitar for around 5 or so years and i've played and own some very, very good instruments, that these are unbeatable for the price. I don't own one of these per say, but i intend to get one as my next guitar (need a new car atm -.-.) I've played a few of these, and they're very nice guitars. Alot of people are uncomfortable with the name of these guitars, as they're not very well-known or used, but it's more than worth it.

hey tyvm for ur input. im not really looking to buy online, but yeah... maybe when im older i'll look back adn buy from that site.
ty again
Gold: 220.00
Aug 26 2008 06:01pm
Wait....but catholics beleive in christmas. But oh well, if you plan to use your full amount then go ahead, but dont skimp out to save money. What ibanez did you see?
Aug 26 2008 06:50pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Tue, Aug 26 2008, 08:01pm)
Wait....but catholics beleive in christmas. But oh well, if you plan to use your full amount then go ahead, but dont skimp out to save money. What ibanez did you see?

i dunno but it was nice xD
we do believe in Christmas.
we eat dinner and celebrate it... but Christmas isn't about presents...
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll