d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Going To Start Playing The Gee-tar > Need Help Please.
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,073.06
Aug 17 2008 11:00pm
I dont know much about of metal guitars but I try to help you for choose your own guitar .

1- What type bridge you want ? Floyd rose or Fixed ?

- Floyd rose can give amazing sound and if you learn how use it u can make extreme moves with that but its give some tuning problem and some lower sustain. (And i dont like "licenced floyd rose" )
- Fixed bridge better for a starter (This is my think) because not much tuning problems and better sustain.

2- What sound you like ? (I mean tones)

-EMG pickups gives you fat and gainy sound (I mean specially 81-85)
- Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan gives more tone range . (U can find something on the dimarzio page)

Gold: 1.00
Aug 18 2008 09:21am
IM thinking about picking up a epiphone special starter pack. for now .. 219$ for guitar..picks..and amp not the greatest but for starting out.. ya know..
ill be getting that.. then if i like it work my way up to a dean razorback biggrin.gif

tyvm osamanaga

This post was edited by airhead793 on Aug 18 2008 09:38am
Gold: 220.00
Aug 18 2008 10:09am
go with the micro cube and maybe a yamaha pacifica or a squire. Or save up some to get a better guitar, it would be worth saving up a hundred bucks or so and getting the microcube and a schecter omen 6
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 18 2008 10:27am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Mon, Aug 18 2008, 12:09pm)
go with the micro cube and maybe a yamaha pacifica or a squire. Or save up some to get a better guitar, it would be worth saving up a hundred bucks or so and getting the microcube and a schecter omen 6

my thoughts exactly. Don't waste your money on a starter pack.
Aug 18 2008 11:16am
Quote (Jebsus @ Mon, Aug 18 2008, 04:27pm)
my thoughts exactly. Don't waste your money on a starter pack.

Lol im young.. and i was planning on getting this for a bday present or xmas.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Aug 19 2008 10:38am
Quote (airhead793 @ Mon, Aug 18 2008, 05:16pm)
Lol im young.. and i was planning on getting this for a bday present or xmas.

i'd have to agree with aokmaster, getting a microcube and a low end squire or even a real cheap epiphone les paul or sg (i had gotten a nice one a few years ago for 200$) would be your best route. that way if you try to play and decide it's not for you, you aren't stuck with total peices of shit that are impossible to resell, and if you decide to keep it up you won't be disappointed until you reach a point where a better guitar/amp are necessary. parents seem to love when their children are interested in music, so if you're getting a lot better they can understand investing in better gear for you. i know when i started playing, if i ever needed anything, as unwealthy as my family was, they would help me as best they could. hopefully you learn to love whatever you get, and keep on progressing. gl to you man, hope i've been some help.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Aug 19 2008 12:08pm
I've got an Epiphone SG now. It's fun, but it's really a more jazz-ish guitar as opposed to metal.
Aug 19 2008 07:49pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Tue, Aug 19 2008, 04:38pm)
i'd have to agree with aokmaster, getting a microcube and a low end squire or even a real cheap epiphone les paul or sg (i had gotten a nice one a few years ago for 200$) would be your best route. that way if you try to play and decide it's not for you, you aren't stuck with total peices of shit that are impossible to resell, and if you decide to keep it up you won't be disappointed until you reach a point where a better guitar/amp are necessary. parents seem to love when their children are interested in music, so if you're getting a lot better they can understand investing in better gear for you. i know when i started playing, if i ever needed anything, as unwealthy as my family was, they would help me as best they could. hopefully you learn to love whatever you get, and keep on progressing. gl to you man, hope i've been some help.

Alright tyvm dude.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll