d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Need Help With What To Buy (guitar Stuff) > What Guitar/set Up To Buy
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,858.20
Aug 17 2008 03:23pm
im playing alot of metal myself and a telecaster like a metalguitar is pretty much a no-go for alot of gutiarplayers*kughtheysoundlikeshitkugh*.. (no offence on the teleplayers)
i would reccomend:

this list is just for me so guitarfreaks > dont take stuff personal

#1 metalwannahaves
Jackson: kelly my fav heart.gif dunno many other jacks but most of them play awesome
ESP (better not buy them if you havnt got a hellot of money, cuz ur paying alot for the name.. good though)
Cort: (cort?)Yes Cort! got a Kx-1 Katana myself and lufin it, also the EVL series are kinda kickass, especially the ones with active EMG's
Gibson Explorer, who doesnt love them...
Musicman: petrucci, luke's > allround#1

Ibanez: for the rly heavy stuff, try the RG series, most got 2 humbux for a nice & heavy sound, they're good affordable
Gibson(for metalplaying #2):Les Paul (expensive but nice & heavy sound), flying V,
Ibnez JS, alround guitar, pretty fine

ah well.. cant name all the guitar ive played but these are worth to mention

(personal)no-go's:
Fender Telecaster. not the sound/elements/(image)
Fender Stratocaster, personally i think its just Not a metalguitar, love to play most of them, but just for rock/blues... metal aint the genre
Dean: sorry to alot of deanmetaldudes cuz many love them.. i dont

final list of actually not worth-to-mention-list

ANY:
BcRich
Epiphone
Squier
dimarvi
stag
line-6
LTD
and many more...

anyway... you know when you like a guitar by playing it... and within about 2 secs you already know wether thats ganna be your guitar or not
anyway good luck with it!

patrick

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 17 2008 08:53pm
Quote (Sound of Silence @ Sun, Aug 17 2008, 05:23pm)
im playing alot of metal myself and a telecaster like a metalguitar is pretty much a no-go for alot of gutiarplayers*kughtheysoundlikeshitkugh*.. (no offence on the teleplayers)
i would reccomend:

this list is just for me so guitarfreaks > dont take stuff personal

#1 metalwannahaves
Jackson: kelly my fav heart.gif dunno many other jacks but most of them play awesome
ESP (better not buy them if you havnt got a hellot of money, cuz ur paying alot for the name.. good though)
Cort: (cort?)Yes Cort! got a Kx-1 Katana myself and lufin it, also the EVL series are kinda kickass, especially the ones with active EMG's
Gibson Explorer, who doesnt love them...
Musicman: petrucci, luke's > allround#1

Ibanez: for the rly heavy stuff, try the RG series, most got 2 humbux for a nice & heavy sound, they're good affordable
Gibson(for metalplaying #2):Les Paul (expensive but nice & heavy sound), flying V,
Ibnez JS, alround guitar, pretty fine

ah well.. cant name all the guitar ive played but these are worth to mention

(personal)no-go's:
Fender Telecaster. not the sound/elements/(image)
Fender Stratocaster, personally i think its just Not a metalguitar, love to play most of them, but just for rock/blues... metal aint the genre
Dean: sorry to alot of deanmetaldudes cuz many love them.. i dont

final list of actually not worth-to-mention-list

ANY:
BcRich
Epiphone
Squier
dimarvi
stag
line-6
LTD
and many more...

anyway... you know when you like a guitar by playing it... and within about 2 secs you already know wether thats ganna be your guitar or not
anyway good luck with it!

patrick

Your grammar seems very foreign to me huh.gif

But I agree. If you like metal, don't buy a telecaster for your first guitar.
Gold: 141.00
Aug 18 2008 04:45am
thanks for the advice, i plan to try out a lot of guitars you all mentioned, and for price range i could pretty much go anywhere (i plan to get a part-time job (2nd job) to buy this guitar)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll