d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Metronomes
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Aug 15 2008 08:03pm
Quote (LouisLeGros @ Fri, Aug 15 2008, 08:13pm)
There should be classes for non music majors at the 100 level (both performing and not), I think it is generally suggested that you should be able to read music though. I wanted to sign up for the class this fall, but it was filled and I can't read music.

same as me, cant read it. Only tablature for the most part

I wonder if theres ways for people like us to learn to read music..
Gold: 6.66
Aug 15 2008 08:58pm
Quote (Eep @ Fri, 15 Aug 2008, 19:03)
same as me, cant read it. Only tablature for the most part

I wonder if theres ways for people like us to learn to read music..

google, time, and a little effort.

Too bad I'm going to be occupied with prety much relearning calculus without a graphing calculator and French up to the 200 level after about 2 years of not having a class.
Gold: 20.00
Aug 16 2008 12:10am
Quote (LouisLeGros @ Fri, Aug 15 2008, 09:58pm)
google, time, and a little effort.

Too bad I'm going to be occupied with prety much relearning calculus without a graphing calculator and French up to the 200 level after about 2 years of not having a class.

sounds familiar...i pretty much worked right out of high school at my dads car lot, never had time to pick a college (well i did, but the one i wanted to go to apparently offered loans only to poor kids or some shit, ITT tech go figure. Ill end up going to UMSL now..)

been 2 years and planning on starting college this year..need to test out of trig hopefully. Originally wanted a degree in electrical engineering
Gold: 6.66
Aug 16 2008 12:47am
They just won't put me in the damn classes. Took French AP test my junior year... failed that hard (the test, got an A in the class). Did a class with my university that was done through my highschool that got me credit for the 100 level classes. First two quarters there I couldn't sign up for the classes even though I was supposed to be in like a group 1 or 2 priority. Third quarter I was amongst the last people to be able to sign up for classes and it I couldn't get in because they cut one of the classes.

Still couldn't get in for the fall either... it is pising me off, and they have the nerve to list me as a French major.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 16 2008 11:54am
The ability to read music is ridiculously easy to learn. Search google for a free online tutorial, and you might have to refer back to it from time to time, but you can learn to read music with very little effort.

The only difficulty you might have would be learning to read and play music for a specific instrument. There's a difference between saying "A, A, E, E, F, F, E" and playing twinkle twinkle little star on a violin.
Gold: 3,900.00
Aug 16 2008 02:26pm
And even harder on viola because you have to translate to alto clef!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll