d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Needs Opinions On Amps
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 53.00
Jul 1 2008 01:49pm
Quote (ClanBK @ Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:12pm)
I'm looking to invest into a nice guitar amp. Something I can use on-stage to perform and has some nice effects (built on overdrive/phaser/etc, but optional) but is in the cheaper range (I wanna say like $300-400, give or take about a hundred).

I play a range of stuff, from extreme metal to experimental to classic rock.

Problem is, I know jack shit about amps. I know I'll probably want a combo as stacks seem a little out of my price range. Any suggestions?

As far as looking for built-in effects, you're much better off buying a multi-effects processor pedal than trying to use a Line6 or a similiar company's amp w/ built in DSP...Line6 amps (which are probably the best for doing that) sound great at low volume, but the effects really go to shit when you turn up. Much better to buy a decent pedal and trying to find a used combo amp.
Gold: 9.00
Jul 2 2008 10:32am
The number one thing to look for on the amp is the distortion channel. A Boss Metal Zone is great, but it just can't top a good sounding amp's lead channel. It also allows you to use something like an Ibanez Tube Screamer as a signal boost for leads.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll