d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Need Some Opinions About A Guitar Problem > Q
1235Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,041.60
Feb 8 2011 07:29am
I've got an absolutely beautiful Taylor Guitar except for a few cracks and fuck up I've put in the guitar over the years. I spent over 3,500 on the guitar and its gonna be around 500-700 to fix all the damages cause there is some bad structural damage on the inside. I guess what I'm asking is if I should spend the Money to fix it?
Gold: 51.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 8 2011 09:56am
Nah I'd just throw my $3,500 guitar away. Totally not worth fixing at all.

EDIT: The fuck would you spend that much on a guitar if you don't even know how to take care of it? :huh:

This post was edited by Phisherman on Feb 8 2011 09:56am
Feb 8 2011 02:52pm
Quote (Phisherman @ Feb 8 2011 10:56am)
Nah I'd just throw my $3,500 guitar away.  Totally not worth fixing at all.

EDIT: The fuck would you spend that much on a guitar if you don't even know how to take care of it?  :huh:

Its a guitar man not some type of deity I need to worship and make sure no harm falls upon it. Shit happens man thats life I've been playing the shit out that guitar for the past 5 years and its got a lot of character.
Gold: 4,807.80
Feb 8 2011 03:15pm
Can I ask how you made the cracks, and where they are?

Absolutely spend the money on repairing it. Unless you really don't have the X factor in your heart for your instruments like I do.

Would you get a replacement? An upgrade?

It is not just a guitar. It is so much more

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Feb 8 2011 03:16pm
Feb 8 2011 06:25pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 8 2011 04:15pm)

Absolutely spend the money on repairing it. Unless you really don't have the X factor in your heart for your instruments like I do.

It's part of his soul, maaaaannnnn.
Feb 8 2011 09:41pm
Quote (Phisherman @ Feb 8 2011 07:25pm)
It's part of his soul, maaaaannnnn.

Hardly, its just an item... I've gotten plenty of use out of it and it still plays like I've said. I'm gonna pass it on at some point so I'm just seeing if I should fix it now or wait. Why do people have to be such pricks about shit?
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 8 2011 04:15pm)

Yeah I will get a replacement at some point but not now, this guitar still plays and there is no need for a new one.
As for the cracks I'll upload a picture of it tomorrow at some point if I can. One of the cracks if from the strap coming undone and the guitar swung out and scrapped against a metal handle, the other is from a fucking shoe being thrown at it and no I didn't throw the shoe.
Feb 8 2011 10:34pm
Quote (C21_H30_O2 @ Feb 8 2011 10:41pm)
Hardly, its just an item... I've gotten plenty of use out of it and it still plays like I've said. I'm gonna pass it on at some point so I'm just seeing if I should fix it now or wait. Why do people have to be such pricks about shit?

Yeah I will get a replacement at some point but not now, this guitar still plays and there is no need for a new one.
As for the cracks I'll upload a picture of it tomorrow at some point if I can. One of the cracks if from the strap coming undone and the guitar swung out and scrapped against a metal handle, the other is from a fucking shoe being thrown at it and no I didn't throw the shoe.

I'm just fucking around dude. You're the one that made a thread asking if you should get a $3,500 guitar fixed so you really don't have much room to be calling people pricks.
Gold: 4,807.80
Feb 9 2011 07:08am
Quote (C21_H30_O2 @ 9 Feb 2011 03:41)

It's not being pricks about it, it's a very simple concept.

IMO - as any sort of Musician, you should treat your instruments with MORE respect than lets say your Xbox or Laptop. If you don't care about your instruments, fine. But don't spend $3500 on an instrument and not care about it when you could simply get a reasonable $400 which you can not really care about.

As a musician, you should take care of your instruments. If you dont, you don't deserve to have them - simple as. Argue all you want, but 90% of musicians can't afford to buy a beautiful and expensive instrument, so get off your high horse, accept that you had something OVER other musicians, and take some damn responsibility.

When I scratched my Gibson, I felt sick in my stomach because I had caused damage to something I cared about.
Gold: 1.00
Feb 9 2011 11:34pm
Quote (C21_H30_O2 @ Feb 8 2011 08:29am)
I've got an absolutely beautiful Taylor Guitar except for a few cracks and fuck up I've put in the guitar over the years. I spent over 3,500 on the guitar and its gonna be around 500-700 to fix all the damages cause there is some bad structural damage on the inside. I guess what I'm asking is if I should spend the Money to fix it?

The main question is how does it sound? If the guitar sounds great, but looks like shit, there is no reason to spend money to fix the appearance, if you have better use for the money. If it has affected the guitar's sound, then you might want to fix it up a little. But honestly, it's best off learning how to fix these things yourself because you will save so much money over the years not having to pay for overpriced guitar repairs and maintenance.
Gold: 44.25
Feb 11 2011 04:03pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 9 2011 08:08am)
It's not being pricks about it, it's a very simple concept.

IMO - as any sort of Musician, you should treat your instruments with MORE respect than lets say your Xbox or Laptop. If you don't care about your instruments, fine. But don't spend $3500 on an instrument and not care about it when you could simply get a reasonable $400 which you can not really care about.

As a musician, you should take care of your instruments. If you dont, you don't deserve to have them - simple as. Argue all you want, but 90% of musicians can't afford to buy a beautiful and expensive instrument, so get off your high horse, accept that you had something OVER other musicians, and take some damn responsibility.

When I scratched my Gibson, I felt sick in my stomach because I had caused damage to something I cared about.

Vouch. It's a little harder to take care of drum gear in the same way you would a guitar (mostly because the entire point is to hit it) but I feel the same way. I got a kit and decided to not gig anywhere with it until I get some soft cases or at elast bags to prevent scratches.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
1235Next
Closed New Topic New Poll