d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar/amplifier Question
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,417.00
Aug 6 2010 04:48pm
ok so, i currently own a Ibanez Gio GRG 170 DX and a Ibanez Tbx15r, and i am asking myself, wich is the most imortant? the guitar, or the amplifier.

i want to buy a classic Fender Stratocaster and maybe a Fender Hotrod, or something similaer to this, but i cant buy em both at the same time.

wich one should i buy 1st?

thanks
Gold: 0.00
Aug 6 2010 05:24pm
Imo, the guitar.

If you're so concerned about an amplifier, just plug your guitar into your comp, download Reaper and play with some ampsims. There are many free ones out there who are totally worth it, and I could link them to you if you want.
Aug 6 2010 06:45pm
Quote (Darkshade @ 6 Aug 2010 16:24)
Imo, the guitar.

If you're so concerned about an amplifier, just plug your guitar into your comp, download Reaper and play with some ampsims. There are many free ones out there who are totally worth it, and I could link them to you if you want.

sweet.

and since im a noob and that ive never played any other guitar then mine, Does the Stratocaster have a ''different'' sound from the ibanez? i mean, it is really going to change the sound, you know, cuz ppl keep telling me a good or average or bad guitar doesnt matter if your a good player.

Gold: 0.00
Aug 6 2010 06:58pm
Quote (icp_1 @ Aug 6 2010 08:45pm)
sweet.

and since im a noob and that ive never played any other guitar then mine, Does the Stratocaster have a ''different'' sound from the ibanez? i mean, it is really going to change the sound, you know, cuz ppl keep telling me a good or average or bad guitar doesnt matter if your a good player.

It does make a difference, the wood, the electronics, etc. Everything makes a difference. It might be slight or almost non-existent for you at first, but maybe because your ear isn't developed enough yet.

Think of it like a car, even if you're a god damn good racing driver, you might not be able to win with a cheapo car vs someone who never raced but owns a high-end one.
Aug 6 2010 07:01pm
Quote (Darkshade @ 6 Aug 2010 17:58)
It does make a difference, the wood, the electronics, etc. Everything makes a difference. It might be slight or almost non-existent for you at first, but maybe because your ear isn't developed enough yet.

Think of it like a car, even if you're a god damn good racing driver, you might not be able to win with a cheapo car vs someone who never raced but owns a high-end one.

yeah thats what i meant, the guitar doesnt make the player, but it does affect the results

and personally, i really dont like the guitar i own right now, i dont like the look, the sound, the feel, I dont feel like im playing the way i could play with another guitar, ex, a Strat

Edit : what do u think of those Strats? the plain basic ones, theyre like 500$ here, does it worth the price or should i just go with a Squier

This post was edited by icp_1 on Aug 6 2010 07:02pm
Gold: 25.00
Aug 6 2010 07:48pm
Quote (icp_1 @ Aug 6 2010 06:01pm)
yeah thats what i meant, the guitar doesnt make the player, but it does affect the results

and personally, i really dont like the guitar i own right now, i dont like the look, the sound, the feel, I dont feel like im playing the way i could play with another guitar, ex, a Strat

Edit : what do u think of those Strats? the plain basic ones, theyre like 500$ here, does it worth the price or should i just go with a Squier

DON'T get a squire. They are horrible guitars.
Go Used bro. for $500 you could get a used Gibson SG Faded, or for around 200-300 you could get a nice used Fender Strat. I never buy guitars new honestly, well except for acoustics.
Aug 6 2010 07:56pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ 6 Aug 2010 18:48)
DON'T get a squire.  They are horrible guitars.
Go Used bro.  for $500 you could get a used Gibson SG Faded, or for around 200-300 you could get a nice used Fender Strat.  I never buy guitars new honestly, well except for acoustics.

im afraid of buying used. but if i go to a music shop and make the guy check if its in good shape, i guess its safe. they do this, right?
Gold: 60.01
Aug 7 2010 12:25am
Quote (icp_1 @ 7 Aug 2010 04:56)
im afraid of buying used. but if i go to a music shop and make the guy check if its in good shape, i guess its safe. they do this, right?

You can check it yourself, before you buy it.
Gold: 1.00
Aug 7 2010 12:56am
Quote (icp_1 @ Aug 6 2010 05:48pm)
ok so, i currently own a Ibanez Gio GRG 170 DX and a Ibanez Tbx15r, and i am asking myself, wich is the most imortant? the guitar, or the amplifier.

i want to buy a classic Fender Stratocaster and maybe a Fender Hotrod, or something similaer to this, but i cant buy em both at the same time.

wich one should i buy 1st?

thanks

That's weird because that's exactly what I have, a Fender Strat and a Hotrod Deluxe. I would defnitely suggest them to anyone! But if you have to make a choice between buying just the guitar or just the amp, I'd say go with the guitar for now. You can always bring your awesome guitar over to friends houses and use their good amps =D

EDIT: I'll also add that what the previous guy said about buying used is dead on. (I'll also agree with him about not buying a Squier - By the way, you can get a used Fender Strat for a little bit more than a new Squier, and I guarantee you it will be a hundred times better than the new Squier!) I just wouldn't suggest buying one off eebay or anything, if I was going to buy any guitar used, I would have to play it beforehand. So I suggest you go into a music store and try it out before you buy it. DON'T LET ANY EMPLOYEE TELL YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD BUY! They'll get their commission whether you buy something great, or a complete piece of crap. So you might as well get something good then, eh? (= Whatever you do, don't let them convince you to walk out of there with a Line 6 Amplifier. If they show you something and you are thinking "hmm that might be kind of cool to buy", then go on the internet and do some research on it before you buy it! Don't make any hasty decisions and buy something that you will regret wasting money on.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Aug 7 2010 01:03am
Gold: 13,891.00
Aug 7 2010 02:23am
guitar. the guitar makes the sound. you can GENERALLY (inb4no you cant i own mesa boogie people) lol get a very similar sound with many amps but the guitar will be the most unique. ex: there is a clear distinction between a gibson les paul and a fender strat no matter what amp you plug in to. I own a schecter c-1+ and play on a randall 75 watt amp- a set up for primarily metal...any i like playing blues better haha. My amp has a clean channel that will suffice but my guitar can only get so convincing. So swiped my roomates fender and played it on my amp and got what i was lookin for.

Buy the guitar not the amp
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll