d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Writing Lyrics > Wtf
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 2 2009 02:30pm
Do any of you struggle writing lyrics?

Seems these days I just am not as inspired as I used to be with my older bands.

What methods do you use to write your songs? Like, how do you get inspired. I'm looking for any thing I've never tried to write a song, as what I'm doing now isn't cutting it.
Gold: 2,013.51
Aug 2 2009 02:33pm
im having troubles even beginning to write lyrics, when i do it mostly just turns out into some poetry or rhyming.
what type of lyrics is it that you do first of all?
Aug 2 2009 02:36pm
I'll write anything. But the band is a classic rock style band. Kind of. It's a mix of a lot of the classics, from the beatles to acdc. And everything in between.
Aug 2 2009 03:02pm
what i will do is dig into things iv never talked about in my songs

and the things that i havent talked aobut will have been resting in my heart waiting
and it will come out with a first line and after i have the first line i have the whole song pretty much

but i get my inspiration from the Lord and thats who i devote my songs to
Gold: 1.04
Aug 2 2009 03:38pm
Quote (rustyo486 @ Sun, Aug 2 2009, 08:30pm)
Do any of you struggle writing lyrics?

Seems these days I just am not as inspired as I used to be with my older bands.

What methods do you use to write your songs? Like, how do you get inspired. I'm looking for any thing I've never tried to write a song, as what I'm doing now isn't cutting it.

pick a theme first -- then just start thinking about what you feel when you think about or do something related to that certain theme. They'll just start flowing, give it a little time.
Aug 2 2009 03:43pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Sun, Aug 2 2009, 05:38pm)
pick a theme first -- then just start thinking about what you feel when you think about or do something related to that certain theme. They'll just start flowing, give it a little time.

this
Aug 2 2009 06:42pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Sun, Aug 2 2009, 09:38pm)

I would agree, since this is how I wrote songs for my older bands and what not, but being away from writing for a couple years, and trying to get back at it, this method just isn't working.

I'm looking for unconventional ways some people might do it. Something I haven't tried yet, as I've tried pretty much most conventional ways, and I'm striking out.
Gold: 1.04
Aug 2 2009 09:02pm
Quote (rustyo486 @ Mon, Aug 3 2009, 12:42am)
I would agree, since this is how I wrote songs for my older bands and what not, but being away from writing for a couple years, and trying to get back at it, this method just isn't working.

I'm looking for unconventional ways some people might do it. Something I haven't tried yet, as I've tried pretty much most conventional ways, and I'm striking out.

idk i mean i don't really write anymore either, but whenever i was in a slump i would just sit there and listen to songs and their lyrics for like days and days. don't read a book, don't read too many articles, just get into that poetic/lyrical mindset and then when you just take a stroll down somewhere -- you'll start thinking about whatever you're seeing or feeling in poetic terms. Read poetry if you want to, but just make sure its not conventional spoken or written language. Its worked for me before, and if it doesn't completely write the entire song for you, you'll get a head start at least.
Aug 3 2009 02:25am
So I got one song down, guitar and lyrics called Pretend.

I just have been listening to the beatles non-stop to get some inspiration.

Don't know if it's working, but I like pretend so far.
Gold: 12.16
Aug 3 2009 05:16am
Quote (weasleface @ Sun, Aug 2 2009, 09:02pm)
what i will do is dig into things iv never talked about in my songs

and the things that i havent talked aobut will have been resting in my heart waiting
and it will come out with a first line and after i have the first line i have the whole song pretty much

but i get my inspiration from the Lord and thats who i devote my songs to

You devote your songs to somebody that doesnt even exist.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll