d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My Metal Thread
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Jul 24 2008 07:00pm
in this thread i will be writing reviews on new metal albums that i have listened to

first i will start off with

BELPHEGOR'S
Bondage Goat Zombie

Belphegor's 6th studio release Entitled Bondage Goat Zombie is also the name of the first single to which a music video was released, i recently bought this album from hmv for $14.99 canadian, the cd included a bonus dvd including the making of the album and the making of bondage goat zombie ( video)

The album title- i think is fucking genious , finally a kinky band with awsome style and fetishes to satisfy my ( odd) needs they came up with the name by combining there 3 favourite things Bondage, Satan, Zombies what more could you ask for?

The Title Track- the songs clocks in at an impressive 4:01 of fury, the song starts with heavy blasts right away 8 bars into the song vocals come in and rip shit up , they start off right away with haaaaaail satan and then into the chorus. The Solo in this song is fantastic but not as good as some of the other solo's on this album that being said its not all about solo's

Stigma Diabolicum - probably one of my favourite songs on this album the runs in this song are just great the leads are flawless and the chugging is sure to move the pit, the chorus in this song is complimented ever so nicely with really great runs on guitar this song clocks in at 5:02 this song does however get quite repetitive but is broken up by a rather slow melodic part in the middle of the song

Armageddon's Raid - Starts off like a medieval ballot then SLAM comes the blast beats if you listen closely the beat is more complicated then it sounds at first listen with accents on the ride with gravity blasts occour the song has very evil grim vocals and the point is driven home, the solo doesnt even really need to be included in this song its rather dull and dissapointing in this song.

Justine: Soaked in Blood- a much better and unqiue starting to this song with a chuggy intro rather then instant blasts ,at 1 minute in the song gets slow with power chords and a bell chiming with vocals being performed , tremolo picking induces and the song picks up again with a very sick solo sweep picking and the whole bag of tricks, then the band replays the opening section again, this song is refreshing after the last 2 tracks are slightly repetitive.

Sexdictator Lucifer- Song starts of chuggy and heavy as hell with a girl moaning as if she is being flogged or fucked smile.gif guitars stop and a very nice bass line accompanies very fresh vocals im sure the lyrics are wicked as all fuck but unforunetly they are in german, back on trach a solo goes on while more moaning occours never heard anything quite that orignal

Shred for sathan- all out fury SHRED FOR SATHAN nothing more to say

chronicles of crime- The song is very very fast tempo with amazing tremolo runs once again ( which is what seems to provide belphegor with their black metal esque) the song theme is simple- Rape and the victims fault the are alot of whammy bar dives involved in this song which make your ears bleed ( with good speakers) again the album at this point might have you a little bit bored

The Sukkubus Lustrate- Starts off slow Chuggy and with vocals, still chuggy and then demonic singning starts ended by a pinch harmonic and still very slow the song never picks up in its entirety of 2:58

Der Rutenmarsch-again all written in german this song is the 3rd longest on the album its also slow but has a better varity of riffs and a better flow to it

all in all this album fucking destroys if you get bored of it thats okay its not for everybody but i found it to be a very agrresive and surprsingly fresh and new effort by a band that doesnt get alot of credit for writing killer music

my favourite thing about the album is the fuckin booklet the album cover is very eye catching and the inside is just fucked with picture of nuns with gas masks on shitting out jesus on a cruxafix biggrin.gif

HAIL BELPHEGOR!

i hope you enjoy this reveiw and maybe i can get my work stickied

next reveiw will be hate eternal's latest album Fury &Flames

This post was edited by dimebag_101 on Jul 24 2008 07:01pm
Gold: 4.10
Jul 25 2008 06:38am
nice review bud happy.gif and such a sick album!
freinds got the special edition with the belphagore helmet + pendant.
Jul 25 2008 06:41am
Quote (Fr33k @ Fri, Jul 25 2008, 04:38am)
nice review bud happy.gif and such a sick album!
freinds got the special edition with the belphagore helmet + pendant.

thanks alot dude smile.gif was alot of work to write tongue.gif i want to try to get published in a webzine so if you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve my reveiws let me know smile.gif
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2008 02:31pm
Quote (dimebag_101 @ Fri, Jul 25 2008, 08:41am)
thanks alot dude smile.gif was alot of work to write tongue.gif i want to try to get published in a webzine so if you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve my reveiws let me know smile.gif

Ponctuation man, ponctuation.

biggrin.gif

Other than that, nice review, check out some mistakes, and as I said, make sure you always use ponctuation, which I barely see any in your review.
Jul 25 2008 03:12pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Fri, Jul 25 2008, 12:31pm)
Ponctuation man, ponctuation.

biggrin.gif

Other than that, nice review, check out some mistakes, and as I said, make sure you always use ponctuation, which I barely see any in your review.

yes my grammer was bad but i know what im talking about tongue.gif

bier.gif i will re write without spelling mistake

help me with fixing puncution?
Jul 25 2008 03:27pm
Quote (dimebag_101 @ Fri, Jul 25 2008, 05:12pm)
yes my grammer was bad but i know what im talking about tongue.gif

bier.gif i will re write without spelling mistake

help me with fixing puncution?

Not that good with ponctuation in english, sorry biggrin.gif
Jul 26 2008 09:57pm
I was going to buy this album, I saw it at Amoeba last time I was there - maybe I'll get it next weekend
Gold: 4.10
Jul 27 2008 04:34am
Quote (Darkshade @ Fri, Jul 25 2008, 09:27pm)
Not that good with ponctuation in english, sorry biggrin.gif

Punctuation I think its spelt. I'm bad at spelling my own language.
lol
Jul 27 2008 10:15am
Quote (Fr33k @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 06:34am)
Punctuation I think its spelt. I'm bad at spelling my own language.
lol

I'm bad at spelling in english biggrin.gif
Banned
Gold: 2.23
Warn: 70%
Jul 27 2008 10:17am
nice words, but i for me think they shouldve done better...good AND bad is that they kept (EXACTLY) the style from the last cd, which is on 1 hand good, but on the other hand you have nothing new...like a cd2 of the same album...

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll