d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D4 Devs Faked Their Entire Q&a
Prev18910111216Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 958.81
May 27 2023 05:12pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 27 2023 04:10pm)
just curious, but did you know if someone has a cranium that could rival the density of a black hole, it's time to go to the doctor's?

Just curious, did you check r/diablo4 yet?

Seems like you're getting a little worked up over it, I'll drop it if you're getting heated about it.
Gold: 5,907.00
May 27 2023 05:16pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 27 2023 07:06pm)
100% facts, it's the over saturation of hype, mixed with false hope, empty promises, and high expectations, and then delivering a product that's much worse on paper! This is a big deal for small business owners, never over promise and under deliver, I have learned that the hard way and now I speak to clients differently and try to give more reasonable expectations, that way I can usually beat the timelines given and they'll be happy with the project completion!

Sadly twitch has kind of gone the same route as well. Twitch drops can kind of be considered bribes in order to keep everyone toeing the line on how they discuss companies.

So you're either downvoted into obscurity or not given twitch drops, which fans are waiting on for precious cosmetics, and also sent into obscurity.

Why would someone watch your channel when the other guy who has been pro (insert company) was given an awesome cosmetic to give out live in exchange for subs?

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 27 2023 05:18pm
Gold: 1,804.12
May 27 2023 05:17pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 27 2023 07:16pm)
Sadly twitch has kind of gone the same route as well. Twitch drops can kind of be considered bribes in order to keep everyone toeing the line on how they discuss companies.

Can you explain this better, I don't know much about Twitch, what is a Twitch drop? An incentive to stream or form of payment to a streamer?
Gold: 291.00
May 27 2023 05:18pm
Quote (Shoresy @ May 27 2023 04:12pm)
Just curious, did you check r/diablo4 yet?

Seems like you're getting a little worked up over it, I'll drop it if you're getting heated about it.

yes, "I'm an old man and it feels like waiting for Christmas. I haven't been this excited for a new videogame in 10 years. I have serious hot hands syndrome."

"Diablo IV has completely killed my vibe for all other games and there’s still two more weeks… The devs could go ahead and just make it live now… That’d be great!"

continue to bury your head in the sand
May 27 2023 05:19pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 27 2023 07:17pm)
Can you explain this better, I don't know much about Twitch, what is a Twitch drop? An incentive to stream or form of payment to a streamer?

So I don't use twitch a lot but my understanding behind the concept is this - you are selected by a company for a twitch drop and the reason that is beneficial to you is it grants you more subs. When a person subscribes to your channel with x number of subs they are granted a cosmetic code or something, not exactly sure since I don't participate. This way the company gets a corporate shill in exchange for the streamer getting more subs. Why would you say bad things about a company granting you more subscribers and helping increase viewership of your stream? Hence it, in a roundabout way controls what streamers can do and say.

It costs the company nothing but in game cosmetics, which lets face it digital assets are easy to come by. So the company gets great PR and the streamer is also happy filling their pocket. It's actually an ingenious way of marketing as it keeps advertising costs down, but probably does more than paying for commercials in modern times. Considering cable is constantly losing subscribers they have to shift their focus elsewhere.

Anyways I don't blame streamers who do it, that's part of their livelyhood, but I also understand that it creates fake levels of hype from the streamers themselves.

I think that's why hog was so upset recently or whatever his name is, excuse me for not remembering I've only seen him in clips. He was not chosen for a twitch drop and thus the attention would be drawn away from his channel.

Found his name it's spelled Hawg, but yeah he's upset nobody will want to watch his channel during the month of twitch drops for D4 or something. I have to admit if I played the game and wanted extra cosmetics I'd be watching those with twitch drops vs those without. It's silly how easily we're manipulated into promoting certain streamers now though.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 27 2023 05:32pm
Gold: 1,100.00
May 27 2023 05:32pm
Twitch drops are win/win/win promotion system on Twitch where the streamer can elect to enable it or not. Companies don't really "pick you" it's more of an automated system that the bigger streamers have access to.

Viewers don't have to sub or pay anything to get the drop, all they have to do is leave the stream running for x amount of hours.

The company wins because it's free promotion.

The streamer wins because he gets more viewers (many people tune in, mute the stream, and forget about it).

The viewers win because they get free cosmetics.

This post was edited by Crossed on May 27 2023 05:32pm
May 27 2023 05:33pm
Quote (Crossed @ May 27 2023 07:32pm)
Twitch drops are win/win/win promotion system on Twitch where the streamer can elect to enable it or not. Companies don't really "pick you" it's more of an automated system that the bigger streamers have access to.

Viewers don't have to sub or pay anything to get the drop, all they have to do is leave the stream running for x amount of hours.

The company wins because it's free promotion.

The streamer wins because he gets more viewers (many people tune in, mute the stream, and forget about it).

The views win because they get free cosmetics.

I thought the recent controversy showed that they were picking people because they had a list of streamers who were selected and then had to reduce the number. Pezradar had a post on it.

"The program had an overabundance of sign-ups and we inserted the maximum amount we could based off of platform limitations. This does mean not everyone who opted-in made it, in but we made sure to do removals at random and not via any requirement beyond the above." Pezradar

Apparently there's some sort of system/platform limit on how many streamers can do your drops. Probably because twitch doesn't want the entire site being taken over by one company spamming drops idk.

Thanks for the clarification on having to watch for a number of hours instead of subbing. I thought subs were required, but I learned something new.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 27 2023 05:40pm
Gold: 4,945.00
Gold: 291.00
May 27 2023 05:40pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 27 2023 04:33pm)
I thought the recent controversy showed that they were picking people because they had a list of streamers who were selected and then had to reduce the number. Pezradar had a post on it.

from my understanding, it was because they said they randomly reduced the list, but hawg pointed out in his video they should have at least vetted who they wanted because a lot of people don't even have d4 content on their channels. which basically threw his channel and others under the bus

May 27 2023 05:41pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 27 2023 07:40pm)
from my understanding, it was because they said they randomly reduced the list, but hawg pointed out in his video they should have at least vetted who they wanted because a lot of people don't even have d4 content on their channels. which basically threw his channel and others under the bus

Ya it feels bad losing to a guy who streamed like 1 hour of server slam and that was it. Some of these smaller streamers do it for a living and are trying to build their brand then are driven into irrelevance because they don't get drops during a monthly time frame for a game promotion.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev18910111216Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll