d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Why Is Gummy Bears Scared D4 Will Take D2 Players?
Prev16789Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 24 2023 10:45pm
Quote (Crossed @ Apr 25 2023 06:12am)
It's subjective sure, like the civilizations of the past didn't have that much of a problem with genocide, public executions, and burning people at the stake but today we tend to think of it as not very ethical yeah.

Blizzard should have IP and hardware banned all the bad actors but they didn't care enough about their game to do that so here we are.

Thankfully this kind of exploitation is a lot less tolerated today, look at what happened to Lost Ark, a couple content creators screamed about all the bots and everyone started quitting, playerbase is down to like 80k "players" from over a million.

so basically 90% of the players are bots

nice :drool:

cause no one quits cause of bots, let alone more than 90% :wacko:
Gold: 1,100.00
Apr 24 2023 11:24pm

It won't be long now until bots run every "multiplayer" game we play.

This is what's in store for everyone if you aren't serious about the consequences of bots.

Once enough people stop caring it will become the standard just like how mtx with cosmetics is today.

Gold: 291.00
Apr 25 2023 12:04am
Quote (Crossed @ Apr 24 2023 10:24pm)
^Snyft2 ^ChocolateCoveredGummyBears

This is what's in store for everyone if you aren't serious about the consequences of bots.

Once enough people stop caring it will become the standard just like how mtx with cosmetics is today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSacavkPfB4

it's hilarious because at 1:50 someone asked if game dev companies can inflate numbers. reminds me of torchlight infinite. where all the players in town are actually not real players walking towards npcs and talking. it's just a pool of random logged in players with custom pathfinding ai, to make the illusion the town is "alive"

not as bad what they are saying in the vid, but it reminded me of it lmao

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Apr 25 2023 12:06am
Gold: 2,171.42
Apr 25 2023 03:14am
Quote (Saquads @ 24 Apr 2023 19:41)
My guess is people are upset they have to actually play a game to gear up

This concept is difficult for d2 fanboys to accept

True. Personally I hate grinding that's why I couldn't commit to any mmo. Only rpgs worth grinding were d2 and poe, because they are smart slot machines and awarding for knowing shortcuts.

In d4 they will be awarding long grind hours and being lucky. Now imagine you play d2 and you targetfarm an item. For example you find that mephisto has the highest chance to drop reaper's toll. So you farm for days and you find 3 shakos, 5 stormshields, 2 arachnid meshs, etc. Anything except reaper's toll which you want for your build to build around. At least in d2 you would be able to sell that loot and trade for eth reaper's or whatever you need. Now in d4 you grind for days at the same boss meanwhile your dumbass friend just randomly while progressing kills that boss one time and gets dropped the item you were searching for days. How it will make you feel?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 25 2023 03:46am
Quote (Nymph666 @ Apr 25 2023 05:14am)
True. Personally I hate grinding that's why I couldn't commit to any mmo. Only rpgs worth grinding were d2 and poe, because they are smart slot machines and awarding for knowing shortcuts.

In d4 they will be awarding long grind hours and being lucky. Now imagine you play d2 and you targetfarm an item. For example you find that mephisto has the highest chance to drop reaper's toll. So you farm for days and you find 3 shakos, 5 stormshields, 2 arachnid meshs, etc. Anything except reaper's toll which you want for your build to build around. At least in d2 you would be able to sell that loot and trade for eth reaper's or whatever you need. Now in d4 you grind for days at the same boss meanwhile your dumbass friend just randomly while progressing kills that boss one time and gets dropped the item you were searching for days. How it will make you feel?

all of these games are rng heavy. you just explained what rng with a very small sample size is. d2 without it's trading market would have been borderline unplayable.
Gold: 1,100.00
Apr 25 2023 04:04am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Apr 24 2023 11:04pm)
it's hilarious because at 1:50 someone asked if game dev companies can inflate numbers. reminds me of torchlight infinite. where all the players in town are actually not real players walking towards npcs and talking. it's just a pool of random logged in players with custom pathfinding ai, to make the illusion the town is "alive"

not as bad what they are saying in the vid, but it reminded me of it lmao

Most definitely in the future there will be a MMO made that has "millions of players" who are all actually bots but no1 will be able to distingish a real player from an AI.

You'll see hundreds of "players" everywhere you go, they'll talk to you, play with you and even add you to their friends list or bot guild.

There will also be "girl players" who will give you a lot of attention then hit you with that OF link.
Gold: 2,171.42
Apr 25 2023 04:17am
Quote (Crossed @ 25 Apr 2023 13:04)
Most definitely in the future there will be a MMO made that has "millions of players" who are all actually bots but no1 will be able to distingish a real player from an AI.

You'll see hundreds of "players" everywhere you go, they'll talk to you, play with you and even add you to their friends list or bot guild.

There will also be "girl players" who will give you a lot of attention then hit you with that OF link.

Just like real life
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 25 2023 06:54am
Quote (Crossed @ Apr 25 2023 07:24am)
^Snyft2 ^ChocolateCoveredGummyBears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSacavkPfB4

meh, not much of an argument :zzz: its the gun argument 2.0, "oh wow this can be used for bad things, so lets ignore all the good things it can be used for and just remove it completely"

the fact of the matter is this: everything can be used for good or for bad things, and technology is no exception. internet lead to so many scams, but you dont see "lets remove the internet", because people generally know (at least when not brainwashed and gaslighted like in my gun example) when the benefits outweigh the risks. for bots somehow, people only see the bad things. that is because 1) they arent aware of the benefits (bots positively impact trickle down economics for example), and 2) people generally dont like others having things they dont. thats why no one was mad about bots in d2, because everyone used them :D

and even morally speaking, i dont consider bots bad at all :unsure: especially in games that are created to waste players time such as poe or lost ark. at what point do you go from "botting is unethical" to "what is actually unethical is devs of this shit game intentionally wasting my time"? poe is a fucking unpaid job. im not going to waste hours and days of my life to participate in that circus. or even worse, if you can pay to avoid the grind like in diablo immoral. imo, if someone sets the rules that force you to do something you dont want to, you shouldnt hate the one who avoids those rules, you should hate the one who set them in the first place :wacko:

basically its like said, its not really fair to not expect people to use bots if you are literally wasting hours and hours of their time on dumb chores :zzz:
Gold: 266,141.58
Apr 25 2023 07:57am
Its going to take a lot of people from d2r who will try to 1) put d3 behind them, thinking this game will be much different despite not much evidence in favor of that 2) People coping with the fact it won't be a sequel to d2r, but ignoring they got burned badly before and telling themselves it will 3) people looking for something new because they wanted more D2R content but aren't ever going to get it and 4) people who want to play a d2rlike game but without bots torpedoing a season on the third day.

Anyone who thinks this game won't sell well at this point is probably kidding themselves, the target audience isn't people who play D2R at this point, its the people who play couch co-op on d3 xbox and all of the other people who have heard of their friends doing this but never bought it. None of this bears on whether it will be a good game.

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Apr 25 2023 07:58am
Gold: 5.50
Apr 25 2023 08:25am
Quote (FORt-HOBO @ 25 Apr 2023 16:57)
Its going to take a lot of people from d2r who will try to 1) put d3 behind them, thinking this game will be much different despite not much evidence in favor of that 2) People coping with the fact it won't be a sequel to d2r, but ignoring they got burned badly before and telling themselves it will 3) people looking for something new because they wanted more D2R content but aren't ever going to get it and 4) people who want to play a d2rlike game but without bots torpedoing a season on the third day.

Anyone who thinks this game won't sell well at this point is probably kidding themselves, the target audience isn't people who play D2R at this point, its the people who play couch co-op on d3 xbox and all of the other people who have heard of their friends doing this but never bought it. None of this bears on whether it will be a good game.

New people - for sure will join D4, D2R people will keep playing D2R. This doesn't mean they won't check D4 ofcourse.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev16789Next
Closed New Topic New Poll