d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion >
Poll > Watch Paint Dry Or Play D4 For 12 Hours
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,907.00
Sep 12 2023 09:21am
I think a better example is an actual hobby.

Which leads me to ask is it better than bird watching? No. I find more entertainment trying to squint and figure out which type of bird im looking at outside and what their behavior is like. I'll take a boomer hobby that's before my time over this game.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 12 2023 09:22am
Gold: 87.50
Sep 12 2023 09:51am
Quote (GodlyWirt @ Sep 11 2023 04:21pm)
Facts bro 70% of people in the diablo 4 subforum itself would rather watch paint dry.

Now imagine I posted this in a paint drying community forums of paint drying enthusiasts
Would probably see 100/0 for paint dry.

Diablo 4 can’t seem to win any poll ffs

70% of people in the D4 Subforum are the same 3 idiots circle jerking each other.. havent you gotten off yet? It's gotta be just mashing it by now.

This post was edited by curb on Sep 12 2023 09:52am
Sep 12 2023 09:56am
Quote (curb @ Sep 12 2023 11:51am)
70% of people in the D4 Subforum are the same 3 idiots circle jerking each other.. havent you gotten off yet? It's gotta be just mashing it by now.

That's because the only fun thing left to do with this game isn't to play it, but to show how laughably bad it is. Most people aren't going to say "this is fine" on a sinking ship. Enjoying the decline is better than huffing copium. Like the men left on the Titanic, you might as well bust out the violins and have some entertainment before it snaps in half and sinks to the bottom.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 12 2023 10:03am
Sep 12 2023 10:10am
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 12 2023 11:56am)
That's because the only fun thing left to do with this game isn't to play it, but to show how laughably bad it is. Most people aren't going to say "this is fine" on a sinking ship. Enjoying the decline is better than huffing copium. Like the men left on the Titanic, you might as well bust out the violins and have some entertainment before it snaps in half and sinks to the bottom.

Seems more like an opinion based comment/thread/forum these days. What're the facts though? One of the top selling games of all time? Millions of DAU?

But sure, let's let GodlyWirt give us two options on a poll and take it as gospel. Wasnt he one of the folks who never even played the game but based it all off of shit he watched?

Seems legit.
Sep 12 2023 10:21am
Quote (curb @ Sep 12 2023 12:10pm)
Seems more like an opinion based comment/thread/forum these days. What're the facts though? One of the top selling games of all time? Millions of DAU?

But sure, let's let GodlyWirt give us two options on a poll and take it as gospel. Wasnt he one of the folks who never even played the game but based it all off of shit he watched?

Seems legit.

So let me get this right. You're saying something can't sell well based on hype from the franchise history? I think preorders prove people will buy something just based on a name without proving it has what players want. If this had a title other than Diablo do you really think it would sell millions of copies? I'm guessing it would have struggled to clear a couple hundred thousand like other no name arpgs. In terms of daily active users blizzard hasn't given accurate information on that thing in ages due to share holder conference calls. If we look at things like twitch fewer than 700 players were watching it from a peak of near 600k at launch. Once players hit the later half of the game and realized it's unfinished they dropped it. Unfortunately by that time it's too late for a refund.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 12 2023 10:25am
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Sep 12 2023 10:50am
Quote (curb @ Sep 12 2023 12:10pm)

Seems legit.

Mad/10
Sep 12 2023 12:09pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 12 2023 12:21pm)
So let me get this right. You're saying something can't sell well based on hype from the franchise history? I think preorders prove people will buy something just based on a name without proving it has what players want. If this had a title other than Diablo do you really think it would sell millions of copies? I'm guessing it would have struggled to clear a couple hundred thousand like other no name arpgs. In terms of daily active users blizzard hasn't given accurate information on that thing in ages due to share holder conference calls. If we look at things like twitch fewer than 700 players were watching it from a peak of near 600k at launch. Once players hit the later half of the game and realized it's unfinished they dropped it. Unfortunately by that time it's too late for a refund.

Never understood the whole twitch thing and watching people play a game rather than playing it count towards people actually playing it.... But.. is it at all possible, now follow me here.. that some of those 600k people enjoyed watching it enough that they went out and started playing it themselves? I'm not saying thats what happened, but still... bots dont watch streams bud and there's more of them every day.

Now, I still havent hit the end of the game, per se, but with 3 other classes still to try out I'd say it's held my interest enough until the D2 Reset comes about.

Quote (GodlyWirt @ Sep 12 2023 12:50pm)
Mad/10

*super cereal mad/10 , show some respect.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Sep 12 2023 12:15pm
Quote (curb @ Sep 12 2023 02:09pm)
Never understood the whole twitch thing and watching people play a game rather than playing it count towards people actually playing it.... But.. is it at all possible, now follow me here.. that some of those 600k people enjoyed watching it enough that they went out and started playing it themselves? I'm not saying thats what happened, but still... bots dont watch streams bud and there's more of them every day.

Now, I still havent hit the end of the game, per se, but with 3 other classes still to try out I'd say it's held my interest enough until the D2 Reset comes about.

*super cereal mad/10 , show some respect.

Angry little man/10
Sep 12 2023 12:16pm
Quote (GodlyWirt @ Sep 12 2023 02:15pm)
Angry little man/10

I didn't say to try and flatter me, I know what I am.
Gold: 200.00
Sep 12 2023 12:40pm
I am expecting 35 videos now of children stairing at paint drying. Lets see em kiddos

I expected no less from AngryWirt. What you so mad about kid? Let it all out. It's okay.

edit: I literally just commented and the kid is already viewing the page. Most of the other users are right. You need to go touch grass LMFAO

This post was edited by Uncle_Baby_Billy on Sep 12 2023 12:43pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll