d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D4 Devs Faked Their Entire Q&a
Prev1101112131416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 70.66
May 27 2023 06:02pm
what a joke.
smh.
May 27 2023 06:05pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 1,100.00
May 27 2023 06:09pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 27 2023 05:05pm)
I think you missed a type here that's become something with increasing regularity. The reaction streamers, where they just play other people's content and do the upward finger pointing and head nods. Why make your own content when you can simply borrow another persons video? Lmao. This is the funniest type even funnier than boob streamers.

I unironically love reaction streamers or I guess just 1: Asmongold.

I guess I put this in the Variety category for Twitch because I don't know of any streamers who only react and literally play zero games, but on YouTube this definitely gets its own category.
Gold: 5,907.00
May 27 2023 06:11pm
Quote (Crossed @ May 27 2023 08:09pm)

I guess I put this in the Variety category for Twitch because I don't know of any streamers who only react and literally play zero games, but on YouTube this definitely gets its own category.

Yeah I'll grant you Asmon's takes can be hilarious. I just think it's weird taking another person's content and cashing in on it. All the video editing that goes into these videos and people are just basically copy pasta and creating an overlay of their face, then pausing the videos to talk about each point. I think in the future there will be a site wide rule where doing reactions requires you to give half the monetization to the other streamer for the revenue generated during that time frame.

The ones who are silent and reposting videos on youtube and just upward pointing like it's a meme should be removed and struck with copyright infringement because they aren't really altering the videos in any meaningful way with commentary. There's fair use and then there's zero attempt at altering the subject matter and just trying to repost it for cash. Youtube shorts are riddled with these types of videos where the original creator gets nothing.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 27 2023 06:16pm
Gold: 1,100.00
May 27 2023 06:19pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 27 2023 05:11pm)
Yeah I'll grant you Asmon's takes can be hilarious. I just think it's weird taking another person's content and cashing in on it. All the video editing that goes into these videos and people are just basically copy pasta and creating an overlay of their face, then pausing the videos to talk about each point. I think in the future there will be a site wide rule where doing reactions requires you to give half the monetization to the other streamer for the revenue generated during that time frame.

If I remember correctly Asmon talked about this exact thing, if the original creator wanted him to take down the video he would and never react to him again, if the creator asked for half or even full monetization I think he said he'd give it to him too (then probably never react to him again lol)

When someone as huge as Asmon reacts to your content you just got +50k views and +1k subscribers that you wouldn't have got otherwise.

It's currently a win/win in my book.
May 27 2023 06:20pm
Quote (Crossed @ May 27 2023 08:19pm)
If I remember correctly Asmon talked about this exact thing, if the original creator wanted him to take down the video he would and never react to him again, if the creator asked for half or even full monetization I think he said he'd give it to him too (then probably never react to him again lol)

When someone as huge as Asmon reacts to your content you just got +50k views and +1k subscribers that you wouldn't have got otherwise.

It's currently a win/win in my book.

I think it's good manners to at the very least link the original video in the description and shout out the creator. Something Asmon usually does in fact.
Gold: 291.00
May 27 2023 06:26pm
Quote (Crossed @ May 27 2023 05:09pm)

i view him way higher than just a reaction streamer. he's insanely well educated and knows the gaming industry better than 99% of players (you already know, just mentioning). plus his real life youtube channel has some incredible personal videos to watch.

very well spoken too

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on May 27 2023 06:26pm
May 27 2023 06:28pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 27 2023 08:26pm)
i view him way higher than just a reaction streamer. he's insanely well educated and knows the gaming industry better than 99% of players (you already know, just mentioning). plus his real life youtube channel has some incredible personal videos to watch.

very well spoken too

The one thing he seems terrible at is choosing a logo for a company, if he did have anything to do with that computer company logo. It looks like a c & b.

Linus tech tips even had the same revelation most people do seeing that logo.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on May 27 2023 06:30pm
Gold: 291.00
May 27 2023 06:30pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ May 27 2023 05:28pm)
The one thing he seems terrible at is choosing a logo for a company, if he did have anything to do with that computer company logo. It looks like a c & b.

lol yeah. i usually find artists and do contract work otherwise the sh*t would like garbage with my photoshop skills
May 27 2023 06:46pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1101112131416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll