d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Why Is Gummy Bears Scared D4 Will Take D2 Players?
Prev12349Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,804.12
Apr 24 2023 11:49am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Bitters @ Apr 24 2023 01:43pm)
Then why do you like D2?

1. Most characters wear the same items across most builds
2 People like terror zones, similar vibe
3. Unrestricted trading, relentless botting
4. You usually spam one skill on most D2 builds
5. Super limited PVP that requires made up rules for fair fights
6. IF spamming tele on sorc or enigma to basically skip the game does it for you, then sure you got D4 there
7. Nearly everyone is saying how good D4 looks, so to each their own
8. No indication of relevant microtransactions in D4 (vs. JSP microtransactions in D2)
9. Grinding baal to 99 and the riveting quest of the blood raven really gets you going?
10. Allows you to enjoy the art/game more instead of playing move square on map

1. Many builds, Much Variance, You're Stupid AF

2. Not the Same, Again You're Stupid AF

3. Diablo 4 will be botted #Copium at all-time High!

4. Diablo 2 doesn't have buzzwords popping up, Attack Numbers, etc. Autism..

5. It doesn't limit you to 1x Zone, Keep Ignoring the Facts..

6. Limiting one's ability to Teleport is fucking dumb

7. Just because you think Obesity looks good doesn't mean it's not a disease

8. In game Item Shop? Early Access? Battle Pass? Are you Delusional?

9. You can Skip Blood Raven #Checkmate

10. Can't see where you're going is a good thing? Do you drive blindfolded?
Gold: 8,117.00
Apr 24 2023 11:51am
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Apr 24 2023 06:40pm)
This streamer is not mentioning the items just pivoting the argument away from llama & to say it's the same as D2... No, it is not.. Here are Examples:

What level requirement is Stone of Jordan? --------------> 29

What level requirement is MageFists? ------> 23

What level requirement is Guillaume's Face? ------> 34

What level requirement is Skins of Viper Magi? ----------> 29

What level requirement is Hot Spurs Boots? ----------> 5

There's many various items that may be found early in game that can be used on high level end game characters..

Also, things like rares: Triple Res boots that can be best in slot but found in early game play...

Idk man I think the shills are desperately trying to remove criticisms just like they did prior to D3 release, same story, different decade.. lmao

Well you can hit specific dungeons very early to get Aspects for slots so that's kind of similar to getting items early for crushing blow, +1 to skills etc.
Some of these aspects seem to be usable quite late into the game be we don't really know that yet.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 24 2023 11:53am
ah, a fan thread :blush:

i had those back when i played d2 :hug:
Gold: 4,184.00
Apr 24 2023 11:54am
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Apr 24 2023 11:57am)
Maybe just maybe it's because:

1. Poor Itemization
2. Monster Scaling
3. Restricted Trading
4. Mobile Game Style Screen Spam
5. Limited PVP Environment
6. Long Cool-Downs on Teleport
7. Ugly Character Models
8. Blizzard's MicroTransactions
9. Meaningless Quests/Boring Grind
10. No Overhead Maps

My opinions on this list:
1. I like that rare bases with near infinite possibilities are the core of items, almost like classic d2 itemization. Every slot could be a grail find, instead of in D2 like if you find a shako your just done with the helm slot (for most builds). I think I'll have to wait and see before making final decision here.
2. This is great what are you talking about... you can play any part of the game anytime and you don't have to farm the same spot over and over. Also, you can play with friends.
3. My favorite part of d2 was the economy. I wish that could exist today, but unfortunately with the internet, bots and real money transactions it basically ruins the game. Of course you can put blinders on and try to have fun in d2r, but items are everywhere and your progression is a result of the bots if your are trading.
4. It looks great to me, nostalgia got you blind.
5. PVP was my 2nd favorite part of D2 when I was younger. If there is a dueling arena & whatever field of strife thing they have, that seems like its good enough for me... I just hope that they would allow betting on the duels... but I'm not sure they will. No need to have fully geared and leveled players hunting down new characters in every area of the world, just dumb.
6. This is the best thing for the game, game is over when your teleporting around everywhere, no sense of team play, makes the game too easy.
7. The game looks great, wish the druid wasn't so fat tho.
8. As long as its only cosmetic, no issues here.
9. I think all ARPGs are grindy and quests are meh... but there's nothing more repetitive and grindy than 5000 cbaals... D4 can literally only go up from here.
10. This is a good thing, forces me to play a good looking game instead of staring at a 2 bit menu as I tele around and only focus on the actual game when I'm at a boss or something.
Gold: 14,849.00
Apr 24 2023 11:56am
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Apr 24 2023 11:49am)
1. Many builds, Much Variance, You're Stupid AF

2. Not the Same, Again You're Stupid AF

3. Diablo 4 will be botted #Copium at all-time High!

4. Diablo 2 doesn't have buzzwords popping up, Attack Numbers, etc. Autism..

5. It doesn't limit you to 1x Zone, Keep Ignoring the Facts..

6. Limiting one's ability to Teleport is fucking dumb

7. Just because you think Obesity looks good doesn't mean it's not a disease

8. In game Item Shop? Early Access? Battle Pass? Are you Delusional?

9. You can Skip Blood Raven #Checkmate

10. Can't see where you're going is a good thing? Do you drive blindfolded?

Are you okay? Like really... do you need to talk to someone? Are you so triggered by people liking something? It's not like the people here that are excited for D4 are only guessing and hoping for what it could be... two weekends have already shown most people that it's a good enough game to give it a try and see where it goes. We get it, you don't like it. It's also hilarious you try so hard to make it sound like D4 is so awful, yet use the same copium techniques you accuse others of doing to say that D2 is as good as you think it is in 2023. D2 was amazing for its time, and it's a fun revisit now. But there's a reason it dies a week or two after ladder reset.
Apr 24 2023 11:57am
Quote (fludd @ Apr 24 2023 01:51pm)
Well you can hit specific dungeons very early to get Aspects for slots so that's kind of similar to getting items early for crushing blow, +1 to skills etc.
Some of these aspects seem to be usable quite late into the game be we don't really know that yet.

And, that's where Copium will go to die, the area of the unknown will be called, " How do I get a refund from Blizzard? "
Gold: 291.00
Apr 24 2023 12:14pm
Quote (Bitters @ Apr 24 2023 10:56am)
Are you okay? Like really... do you need to talk to someone? Are you so triggered by people liking something? It's not like the people here that are excited for D4 are only guessing and hoping for what it could be... two weekends have already shown most people that it's a good enough game to give it a try and see where it goes. We get it, you don't like it. It's also hilarious you try so hard to make it sound like D4 is so awful, yet use the same copium techniques you accuse others of doing to say that D2 is as good as you think it is in 2023. D2 was amazing for its time, and it's a fun revisit now. But there's a reason it dies a week or two after ladder reset.

The ladder resets are still insanely popular every single time though. For over 20 years. Same shit happens with Poe too. And D4 will have more bots than Poe and d2r combined.

This entire argument of "oh well the game dies a week after ladder" doesn't even make sense. It's irrelevant to a game's success and more so a issue of the publisher or managers who run it. For example, if they were more liberal with banning bots (don't need a game developer to do this), obviously the league/ladders would last longer. That's not the fault of the game, it's the people who are publishers of the game, as they should put more resources into that. As making a bot free game is impossible. Bots scale with a game's popularity.

So using that as a negative for d2 is silly, or any game

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Apr 24 2023 12:16pm
Gold: 1,874.00
Apr 24 2023 12:19pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Apr 24 2023 12:57pm)
Maybe just maybe it's because:

1. Poor Itemization
2. Monster Scaling
3. Restricted Trading
4. Mobile Game Style Screen Spam
5. Limited PVP Environment
6. Long Cool-Downs on Teleport
7. Ugly Character Models
8. Blizzard's MicroTransactions
9. Meaningless Quests/Boring Grind
10. No Overhead Maps

Sounds like a bad game! Can’t be D4??

What u described is WoWcraft or D3/ DImmortal b)

This post was edited by jaybomber on Apr 24 2023 12:19pm
Gold: 8,117.00
Apr 24 2023 12:27pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Apr 24 2023 06:57pm)
And, that's where Copium will go to die, the area of the unknown will be called, " How do I get a refund from Blizzard? "

Haha, you might be right about the copium but I'll nolife the shit out of D4 with a few friends that have been playing since D1 and regardless of how long we play it'll be worth the price I've payed for the game.
Apr 24 2023 12:33pm
Quote (jaybomber @ Apr 24 2023 02:19pm)
Sounds like a bad game! Can’t be D4??

What u described is WoWcraft or D3/ DImmortal b)

Just watched Blizz new video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQtOIeKRXaY

Blizz team went full woke and focused on "character identity" for 90% of development

Character faces can look different, they added faces from all around the world, okay great..

Choose from all these butch style haircuts for your female character.. Would you like this lesbian style haircut, it's the only other option.. lol

We are forcing you to play fat druid, you can make it however you like, but it will still be fat..

You can mark your character, choose from these 50x Tribal Tattoos, how cool is that...

Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev12349Next
Closed New Topic New Poll