d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo 4 Soft Reboot Expansion
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,907.00
Sep 26 2023 11:10am
Did anyone hear leaks about this info regarding a reboot of d4? Hilarious if true.

Also most of the devs were booted from the project. It seems like the seasonal team is taking over the expansion as well.

Also in other leaks WoW is going free to play with battle passes that include dungeons like Destiny 2 monetization? Yikes.

Source seems to be 4chan, caught it on a video where Asmon mentions it.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 26 2023 11:18am
Sep 26 2023 11:19am
Other rumors:
Overwatch 2 being given hasty redesign and relabeled as Overwatch Next.
Microsoft having interest in breaking up blizzard IPs and distributing them amongst their own studios.
Hearthstone lowest engagement metrics it's ever been.
Diablo Immortal surpassed expectations in sales.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 26 2023 11:22am
Gold: 9,786.00
Sep 26 2023 11:28am
500 viewers on Twitch gives them all the info they need.

Sadly, it needs more than a soft reboot. The game from the start is just trash and there is 0 endgame.

All they had to do was merge the good bits from D2 and D3.

They might as well start working on Diablo V for a 2040 release.

This post was edited by magic_KK on Sep 26 2023 11:29am
Gold: 1.00
Sep 26 2023 11:31am
Really this does not make any sense. Why would WoW the absolute most dominant MMO on the market go free to play. Sure its list subscribers but its still miles and miles and miles beyond any competition. I think it's still rocking near 150 million subscribers. That's still a massive amount of monthly revenues.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 26 2023 11:32am
Sep 26 2023 11:33am
Quote (SBD @ Sep 26 2023 01:31pm)
Really this does not make any sense. Why would WoW the absolute most dominant MMO on the market go free to play. Sure its list subscribers but its still miles and miles and miles beyond any competition. I think it's still rocking near 150 million subscribers.

150 million subs? Ahaha you're serious aren't you? It's not even over 1.5 million currently, most of the players left after they got bored of wow classic. Retail barely contends with Final Fantasy mmo. It's been proven that whales generate more money than the lionshare of actual players in hyper monetized games. As the subscription base starts to wane they're more than likely to turn it into a F2P game to get other players to test the waters, then add all sorts of store cosmetics and battle passes.

Dragonflight was not nearly as successful as they had hoped because it caters towards hardcore players instead of the average player.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 26 2023 11:39am
Sep 26 2023 11:37am
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 26 2023 02:33pm)
150 million subs? Ahaha you're serious aren't you? It's not even over 1.5 million currently, most of the players left after they got bored of wow classic. Retail barely contends with Final Fantasy mmo.

https://www.dexerto.com/world-of-warcraft/how-many-people-play-world-of-warcraft-wow-player-count-population-tracker-1842964/

I'm pretty sure that count means active subs but maybe it doesn't. Dunno, most sites are citing that 130M figure. Or maybe that's total people of all time but that wouldn't make sense since previous figures were higher by the same publisher. Not sure how it's derived. Or maybe that's active characters. Not idea why they call it subscribers if so.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 26 2023 11:40am
Sep 26 2023 11:40am
Quote (SBD @ Sep 26 2023 01:37pm)
https://www.dexerto.com/world-of-warcraft/how-many-people-play-world-of-warcraft-wow-player-count-population-tracker-1842964/

I'm pretty sure that count means active subs but maybe it doesn't. Dunno, most sites are citing that 130M figure. Or maybe that's total people of all time but that wouldn't make sense since previous figures were higher by the same publisher. Not sure how it's derived.

No, whatever you're reading is wrong. WoW subscriptions at their peak, as in best of all time were close to 13 million. That was during the original release of WOTLK. Currently sites are releasing false information, probably to help bolster subscription numbers. Blizz is known for peddling fake numbers for marketing strategies. Nobody wants to join a dead game for example. However, there are actual data scraping addons that have determined subs for a while now. They're somewhere under 2 million last I checked. Probably closer to 1.5 since people were bored with the current tier of WOTLK classic content.

You also have to keep in mind they lost a massive amount of subscriptions when their deal with NETEASE fell through. WoW had to exit the China market entirely.

This post was edited by BlakeXeal on Sep 26 2023 11:45am
Gold: 6,566.00
Sep 26 2023 11:47am
Fire everyone hire professionals then kill sanctuary with a ingame event like [insert epic Michael bay kind of stuff] and make Diablo 4 reborn
Also give an apology to Diablo players and give vanilla d4 players some gimmick for playing this garbage

Oh wait this is blizzard not square Enix, so we‘ll get dlc and expansion that add very little stuff while getting charged full price for it and game keeps being shit forever just like D3

This post was edited by kku on Sep 26 2023 11:51am
Sep 26 2023 11:55am
Quote (BlakeXeal @ Sep 26 2023 02:40pm)
No, whatever you're reading is wrong. WoW subscriptions at their peak, as in best of all time were close to 13 million. That was during the original release of WOTLK. Currently sites are releasing false information, probably to help bolster subscription numbers. Blizz is known for peddling fake numbers for marketing strategies. Nobody wants to join a dead game for example. However, there are actual data scraping addons that have determined subs for a while now. They're somewhere under 2 million last I checked. Probably closer to 1.5 since people were bored with the current tier of WOTLK classic content.

You also have to keep in mind they lost a massive amount of subscriptions when their deal with NETEASE fell through. WoW had to exit the China market entirely.

Even then you're still top dog or right next to FF14. I see no reason to go F2P when you're still top dog. I don't think there's any expectation that population would remain that high when if we're being totally honest there was no competition back in the early 2000s and even up to WOTLK. Maybe Rift gave them some for a very brief moment but I can't recall a single good MMO from that time.

Today you have a few decent ones and I'd say a migration as a whole from the MMO genre. Boomers perhaps like us still want to work twords something but the newer generation of gamers appear to want much quicker satisfaction with short rounds that reward you. Like battle royal style games. That does not lend itself well to MMOs in general.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 26 2023 11:55am
Gold: 99,201.55
Sep 26 2023 12:05pm
Quote (SBD @ Sep 26 2023 01:31pm)
Really this does not make any sense. Why would WoW the absolute most dominant MMO on the market go free to play. Sure its list subscribers but its still miles and miles and miles beyond any competition. I think it's still rocking near 150 million subscribers. That's still a massive amount of monthly revenues.

u mean 15 millions, even peak wow they never break more then 15 millions. wow has not been the most dominant mmo for about a decade now, the genre is dead.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll