d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Why Play Diablo?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 666.00
May 14 2023 05:37pm
I "stumble" upon these lit posts by academic background folk and ask myself this, what is it that they know that i dont know...
What divine taste have they unfold that they can see through all the sparkles and fireballs...

Diablo 4 yet another game that doesnt suffice to the standard of the fedora tipping connoisseur of highest delights.

The Game is too repetitive, the mechanics too one dimensional.

Alright so i read all of this, i get some of this.

But then the same guys...
Looking to complete their hammerdin set
Looking to complete their trapsin set
Looking to complete their summonancer set
Looking to complete their mf blizzardsorc

... Flying hammers dance motions spam
... Spamming the middle finger with claws ontop to raise the same trap a thousand times in the room next door
... Go to act 5, Go through anya portal, Get those skellies and spam AD
... Durance lvl 3, time to make mephisto feel the pain of blocking stairs, blizzard . blizzard . blizzard . Triumph. Loot. Repeat

Choice of equipment? How about we all get that nishe enigma maras cta? Maybe an uncommon insight to go with that on an act 2 Merc?

???
I have just one question and one question only just the one
To what game are you actually comparing diablo 4 and if you are comparing it to PoE...????????????????????? Then maybe just ... i know this is a wild suggestion... Go play PoE? Didn't they even release a major update to it so you have plenty of gameplay more to enjoy?

I really try to see the reasoning behind all of this negativity, did anyone promise you anything? Were you deceived? Are you supposed to be treated better and then by whom?

As it will always be and always has been, here is my universal tip for everyone to avoid being scammed by big tech, if you do not like it, do not buy it. After some trying you might succeed with that method to increase quality of life.

TL;DR
Diablo is repetitive
Diablo 2 is repetitive
Diablo 3 is repetitive
Diablo 4 is repetitive
PoE is *Drumroll* repetetive.

PERSONAL TASTE DISCLAIMER:
Diablo 3 / PoE : Cartoon Graphic with annoying highlighting color framing of Mobs / Chars
Diablo / Diablo 2 : Takes me to nightmare city, even when i could count the pixels one by one
Diablo 4 : Might be the Hell I'll enjoy walking through on my oled

This post was edited by Meresin on May 14 2023 05:49pm
Gold: 8,973.00
May 14 2023 05:42pm
TLDR
Gold: 11.11
May 14 2023 05:52pm
Quote (Meresin @ May 14 2023 07:37pm)
I "stumble" upon these lit posts by academic background folk and ask myself this, what is it that they know that i dont know...
What divine taste have they unfold that they can see through all the sparkles and fireballs...

Diablo 4 yet another game that doesnt suffice to the standard of the fedora tipping connoisseur of highest delights.

The Game is too repetitive, the mechanics too one dimensional.

Alright so i read all of this, i get some of this.

But then the same guys...
Looking to complete their hammerdin set
Looking to complete their trapsin set
Looking to complete their summonancer set
Looking to complete their mf blizzardsorc

... Flying hammers dance motions spam
... Spamming the middle finger with claws ontop to raise the same trap a thousand times in the room next door
... Go to act 5, Go through anya portal, Get those skellies and spam AD
... Durance lvl 3, time to make mephisto feel the pain of blocking stairs, blizzard . blizzard . blizzard . Triumph. Loot. Repeat

Choice of equipment? How about we all get that nishe enigma maras cta? Maybe an uncommon insight to go with that on an act 2 Merc?

???
I have just one question and one question only just the one
To what game are you actually comparing diablo 4: d2r,
The fact that d3,di and d4 did not live up to d2 is hilarious.
Thread closed/.
Gold: 1,804.12
May 14 2023 06:26pm
Diablo 2 level layout randomly generates

Diablo 2 loot random number generator system

Every play through is a different experience, different monsters, different maps, different drops

You didn't mention trading, or going from 8x player co-op to only 4x co-op

You didn't mention the missing sword & shield wielding character absent from D4

D4 gives you micro transactions, battle passes, early access, collector's edition with no game

D2 gave you everything in the box including a physical copy, not needed nowadays but important to compare apples to apples

D4 has a massive budget available, much more than Blizzard North could fathom

D2 devs proactively tested their game before release, D4 devs think beta testing is not part of their job, i.e. no passion for their own creation

Where is the map overlay? A staple feature since 1997 missing, D4 dev stated no plans for this feature to be implemented

Why are there long cooldowns, does any player enjoy waiting 10 seconds between teleport? If yes, you are a moron congrats!

Anyways, if comparing the two don't leave out the obvious differences

Final Point, It's been 23 fucking years and this is the best these clowns came up with..

D4 should be unquestionably better in all aspects and features, but it's not, point, blank, period

Gold: 32,495.00
May 14 2023 08:27pm
I love d2 but damn you are stuck in the past.

Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 15 2023 02:26am)
Diablo 2 level layout randomly generates. - most people actually play SP to get those gg roled layout, because let s face it s just retarded. :))

Diablo 2 loot random number generator system - so you mean d4 has fixed loot?? Rofl

Every play through is a different experience, different monsters, different maps, different drops - did you drink gasoline? There s nothing different about D2 with any restart. no matter the class you have a clear leveling path that most of us take. We go for the same RWs, same beginner builds, mid and late builds. Like literally there s nothing random. We know exactly everytime what mob to kill and what same exact item to hunt as next target.

You didn't mention trading, or going from 8x player co-op to only 4x co-op - trading will be part of d4 but it s to early indeed to say if good or bad. When was 8x game play really something people are asking for??? You need 8 players in a game just to be able to do what you can do in SP... which should be normal to that extent.

You didn't mention the missing sword & shield wielding character absent from D4 -indeed you are right finally i am not stuck wearing a fucking shield on most of my chracters just because i need that boring fcr mechanic.

D4 gives you micro transactions, battle passes, early access, collector's edition with no game - get in line with the times. Nobody forces you to buy shit. You can just collect what the game offers for free and keep it purist. Still something to be proud of.

D2 gave you everything in the box including a physical copy, not needed nowadays but important to compare apples to apples -i mean your pc probably doesn t even have a cd reader. I have a cd reader on one of my old pc just for nostalgia (and my hundreds of cd s ) but didn t use it in more than 10 years. Extremely happy i don t have to deal with those things as well as I m happy floppy disks are not a thing anymore. I couldn t deal with the errors those enssued and having to make multiple copies of my favorite games and windows versions... :))

D4 has a massive budget available, much more than Blizzard North could fathom - that s why the game looks polished AF and has bis at every aspect of a game in the industry.

D2 devs proactively tested their game before release, D4 devs think beta testing is not part of their job, i.e. no passion for their own creation - are you troglodyte a dev of d4 and can speak out of experience? Otherwise sit down and shut up.. you re talking out of your ass in the name of many people you don t know.

Where is the map overlay? A staple feature since 1997 missing, D4 dev stated no plans for this feature to be implemented - you are actually that bad that you play with the overlay on? I mean d2 is notoriously easy to read the layout in.. why would you need the layout map after 20 years.

Why are there long cooldowns, does any player enjoy waiting 10 seconds between teleport? If yes, you are a moron congrats!
Rofl you re telling me you re upset you get to use another armor ecvept enigma on any other char and build? Or otherwise you re upset that we can finally focus on other shit instead of just that one single fcr breakpoint?? ::))

Anyways, if comparing the two don't leave out the obvious differences

Final Point, It's been 23 fucking years and this is the best these clowns came up with.. You make no point here, except the fact your are stuck in time.

D4 should be unquestionably better in all aspects and features, but it's not, point, blank, period -and it actually is. Maaybe not to your liking but it is better in almost every aspect.

This post was edited by Apovax on May 14 2023 08:43pm
Gold: 291.00
May 14 2023 08:33pm
Quote (Apovax @ May 14 2023 07:27pm)
I love d2 but damn you are stuck in the past.

in gaming, the past is better than the future
Gold: 32,495.00
May 14 2023 08:38pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 15 2023 04:33am)
in gaming, the past is better than the future

No mate. Just because we are in our mid 30s or 40s and our brain is to tired to accept new things ot doesn t mean that new games are bad. Because they are not. If you d be now 10 years old you'd be frothing at the mouth just waiting to get these new games and play the shit out of them. SP or MP. There are many good games out there. We just (thankfully) outgrew the kid s mentality we used to have .. we focus on other shit but still relive with nostalgia those sweet moments as children when we first discovered those sweet games and universes where we d make our best friends fornlife and so on. Same as the kids nowadays do.

This post was edited by Apovax on May 14 2023 08:38pm
Gold: 1,758.19
May 14 2023 08:43pm
"Diablo 4 yet another game that doesn't suffice to the standard of the fedora tipping connoisseur of highest delights"

:rofl: :rofl:

Made me laugh.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
May 14 2023 08:48pm
my roommate boris got cubital tunnel from d2 farming one season, couldnt move 2 fingers

i was like bro we still need to make fgs, i made a smiter now go kill ubers while i get pizza

so i get back home and i walk in on him jacking off vehemently while watching lilith near his dead char

hes like sorry bro i wanted to hurry but i had no grip with only 3 fingers

well better rub one out on lilith than duriel i guess

he says give me the pizza i could grease it up a little, i ofc refuse

i leave him in the room to finish

he finds a 20/18 pala torch and out of spite doesnt give me even though i had a pvp hdin
Gold: 291.00
May 14 2023 08:49pm
Quote (Apovax @ May 14 2023 07:38pm)
No mate. Just because we are in our mid 30s or 40s and our brain is to tired to accept new things ot doesn t mean that new games are bad. Because they are not. If you d be now 10 years old you'd be frothing at the mouth just waiting to get these new games and play the shit out of them. SP or MP. There are many good games out there. We just (thankfully) outgrew the kid s mentality we used to have .. we focus on other shit but still relive with nostalgia those sweet moments as children when we first discovered those sweet games and universes where we d make our best friends fornlife and so on. Same as the kids nowadays do.

dismantling the "rose-colored glasses" is so easy. look at the hype poe generated and being known as a spiritual successor of diablo 2. and the upcoming hype poe 2 will generate. these incredible games can still exist today with proper development teams that focus on core arpg values instead of planting social justice values into an existing IP

and your example of little 10 year old kids growing up ready to play the shit out of the new games means they have some shitty parents. if you let your kid grow up playing d3 instead of d2/d2r, cps should be called
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll